“The Marker - Dublin” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“The Marker - Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have stayed in this hotel on business, 6 or 7 times since it opened in April. The location is very convenient for me as I can walk everywhere I need to go. Breakfast is wonderful and better value than other 5-star hotels in Dublin. The food generally is quite good, although limited in selection, and the rooftop bar has fabulous views. The spa is one of the nicest I have been to - and I am a spa addict - with a beautiful pool, lovely treatment and relaxation rooms. My only concern about this beautiful, modern 5 star hotel is placement of mirrors in the rooms, with no convenient place to plug in the hair dryer and and do your hair in front of a mirror with good lighting. The lighting throughout the hotel is very subdued and the bathrooms can be dark, and the hallways almost startlingly so. Service, however, cannot be topped.

Room Tip: choose a white marble bathroom as opposed to a black marble one, as the lighting is dim and the whit...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Simmkat,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you are becoming one of our regular guests.

I have to agree with you that the Spa & Wellness Centre is top-notch specially if you go for a treatment first and then take your time relaxing in the “cocoons” followed by the use of the Jacuzzi or the pool.

On behalf of my team and I, we thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sallins, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Absolutely delicious from start to finish, although perhaps Im too much of a wimp to appreciate the Bloody Marys (Bellinis were gorgeous). We had a lovely mixture of dishes on the table, from pancakes to wings and ribs and pulled pork sandwich. I love the idea of brunch/breakfast/lunch dining. There is something for everyone and such a high standard. See if you can get the snug around the corner, mega comfy table!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear RachWade81,

Thank you for posting the first review on TripAdvisor of the new food concept, Le Drunch!

We have had fantastic comments from our guests and I hope this will become the new “must” activity to do every Sunday.

All information is contained on our website where our guest can even win a complementary Le Drunch experience.

On behalf of my team and I, I thank you again and we hope to see you next Sunday!

Gourock, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Recently stayed at the Marker Hotel, have to say, they certainly are on hand to see to your every need: from the guys at the door waiting to park your car and take your bags to the room for you. Reception was efficient and speedy. The room was generous in size, TV was great, bathroom was amazing, massive bath and separate walk in shower, plenty of big soft towels too with great toiletries. Spa facilities were great All in all a luxury hotel with everything you could wish for. And yet if I return to Dublin I wouldn't stay here again, too far out of centre of town and really don't need to pay this high amount to get a perfectly good hotel closer to the centre. A bit too perfect and not enough spirit of friendly Irish welcome.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Kate_McC,

Thank you for your review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after you but at the same time I am disappointed to read that you probably won’t be back to stay with us.

We are always offering special deals and packages on our website depending on the type of break you want.

Also we are located only a few minutes taxi ride away from the city centre but this area is up and coming with new places opening where you can have a bite to eat or a drink.

I do hope you reconsider and you come to stay with us as I would be delighted to look after you.

Kind regards

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

This hotel is everything you'd expect from a 5 star hotel and more. There is very little to fault here, if anything at all! From being greeted by a smiling doorman on arrival, to taking in the magnificent features of the lobby/bar area, our trip was definitely off to a good start.
The staff are so highly trained in customer service its almost hard to imagine. Check-in was very smooth. We checked in at 11 knowing it was too early to go to the room but our bags were taken and we were told they would be waiting for us in our room as soon as it was ready. Just over an hour later we got a phonecall to say our room was ready. Wow, the room was very modern with a big bed, bathroom and plush carpets. It was immaculate and the standard of finish that housekeeping adhered to was extremely high.
Pool and spa area are fabulous, peaceful and calm, and they offer free refreshments and beverages.
Dinner in the restaurant, although menu was limited (understandable for a pre-theatre menu) was delicious, and in my opinion not over priced for the quality and flavour. Our waitress, (Kristina I think) paid great attention to detail along with all of her co workers. The service was fantastic, and most certainly cannot be faulted.

The staff are what stood out to me during my stay, they are among the best trained staff I have come across to date.

I will definitely return here in the future.
If you're looking for a relaxing city break... this hotel is for you !

Room Tip: Deluxe room overlooking the canal and the Bord Gais Theatre, adds to a great atmosphere.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Gemma C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I have passed your comments to our team and they are delighted with them! It’s always great to know from our guest directly that they made a difference in their stay as they put their best effort and dedication to what they do.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcoming you again in the near future, maybe for the next big show playing on the theatre?

Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed with The Marker in Nov 2013. The rooms were spacious and nicely designed, the carpets were ultra-soft and the bathroom was beautiful. The spa area was among the nicest I have ever seen in a UK hotel, nicely lit and relaxing. The steam room was a great temperature and jacuzzi was wonderful. The breakfast was varied and of a good quality. My only suggestion would be that they could add more vegetarian dishes to the evening menu as I was very short on choice here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Ewhldn,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed your comments to our Executive Chef regarding more vegetarian options in the menu. We always have daily special through the hotel and our chefs are only too happy to prepare dishes for our guest with special dietary requirements.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcoming you back to The Marker very soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

For a 5 star hotel I have to say I was a little disappointed. We stayed for one night and perhaps we were just unlucky but there were a few issues that I had with the hotel. Firstly the car parking charge is ridiculous. I would rather have the cost of parking loaded into the price of the room than have to pay an extra 25 quid on departure for 1 night. When we checked in I had to ring down to reception to find out where our luggage had got to. The staff in general seem terrified of making any mistakes, to the point where it's uncomfortable. The heating wasn't working in our room, however we were given an upgrade and complimentary breakfast which was very welcome. The staff did handle it very well to be fair and the breakfast was awesome.

Maybe I'm nit picking but when you pay so much for a room you expect a very high standard and while the building and rooms are magnificent it just felt like the value wasn't there.

By contrast we spent a night in the Sheraton in athlone for a fraction of the price the night before and had a much more comfortable and stress free stay despite the 'lower star rating'

I know the hotel isn't open that long so maybe it's still in the bedding in process but as I said, for these prices excellence should come as standard.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Jonny O,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am disappointed to read that your stay with us didn’t live up to your standards; as you mentioned, we are a new hotel and we are working hard on resolving all of the teething issues.

The team focus on making every guest’s stay a perfect one so I am sorry if they came across to you as being afraid to make mistakes.

I thank you again for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards

Omagh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Weekend break - bit of a walk into Temple Bar here, but it is a great location. Staff all courteous and well trained, service was great, and food was fantastic in the restaurant, as you'd expect from a 5* hotel. Don't go to the Marker for a cheap weekend away - its not a criticism in any way as that is not what this type of hotel caters for ... you gte exactly what you pay for in my opinion.

Didn't get a chance to check out the spa and pool ...this time around!!! ... but will be back again.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for a deluxe room overlooking the canal
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Michael M,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your time with us and you found our team helpful;

On our website we always advertise the best available rates and packages so I do recommend visiting it to get the most value.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcoming you back again very soon, perhaps on a Spa break?

warm regards