“Really enjoyable stay”
Review of The Marker Hotel

The Marker Hotel
Ranked #2 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed here as we where going to see Wicked in the Bord Gais theatre - couldnt have asked for a better location - literally opposite.

On arrival we found the parking confusing - we pulled into a QPark car park which was called the Marker Carpark- on arriving at reception i was glad i asked about it as this is a public carpark which has a maximum daily charge of E30... we were advised to move the car round the front of the hotel where it would be valet parked for E20.... so be cautious of that QPark.

The room was lovely - spacious, heated bathroom floor, and a very large bathroom.

The pool was lovely - very quiet and we had an enjoyable swim. hanging rooms where spotless and the showers amazing.

Later int he evening we went tot he rooftopbar - unfortunatly it was raining but we went into a little conservatory style room they had up there. Im sure the rooftop would be lovely in the summer. Price wise it was a bit more expensive.. but nice to be up there all the same.

The next day breakfast was again very good.... plently of choice. Attentive staff.

As a whole we found all of the staff incredible friendly and helpful.... from the man on the door, to reception, the the food and beverage staff they were all very very nice.

Ive stayed at many hotels across the world and to be honest dont often stay away from the Hilton or Marriott brand - but this one was refreshing - i absolutly couldnt not find a bad thing to say.

Well done Marker Hotel - we will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Dm1313,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I hope you had a lovely Christmas and an even better start of 2014.

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to visit the different areas including the Rooftop Lounge with its spectacular Dublin views.

I do hope we see you back again here, maybe for the next play on the Bord Gais theatre?

Thank you again for your lovely comments.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,570)

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed here for the weekend and had a fantastic experience. From check-in the staff where very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a deluxe room with great view over Grand Canal Square. The bedroom was beautifully decorated and the bed was massive; one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in! The pool and spa were a very pleasant surprise for a city centre hotel. The food in the hotel was also excellent, especially the breakfast and the bar had a great atmosphere.

We also had a drink at the roof top bar...a little cold in the middle of December but would be a lovely experience in the summer months.

Our only fault would be the heat in the bedrooms.. we found another guests had the same issues with the air conditioning system, but is now our new favourite hotel in Dublin!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Christine363,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that we have become your favourite hotel in Dublin.

I have to agree that the food here its excellent as our Chefs are constantly modifying and perfecting all the menus throughout the hotel.

On behalf of my Team and I, we thank you again for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back again in 2014.

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

5 * rating for Hotel. it was fab, staff good. Beautiful hotel Nisei sinery food was ok too. Would not be rushing back. Menus bar and Resturant had a very poor selection. My friend is vegetarian and all what was on menu was a sandwich were we came for dinner. Staff were lovely on the day and chefs did make her a pasty this which was lovely. Would stay in the hotel no prob fab hotel

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear AmyKimKelly,

Thank you for your review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your time here but I am sorry your friend didn’t find huge selection of vegetarian dishes but please do note that our Chefs are always delighted to make vegetarian dishes to order.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

I'm a proper hotel snob but I can't find anything to fault the place. Does all the basics well which many 5 stars don't, but also does the non-basics well as well. Huge rooms, bathrooms are great, powerful shower, good irons, incredibly comfy bed and great facilities.

I usually stay in the Morrison, which is also a great hotel, but this is way better. A pleasure to have stayed there.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Shaun S,

Thank you for posting a lovely review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope we get the opportunity to see you more often here.

On behalf of my Team and I, we wish you a very happy Christmas and a very exciting New Year.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Our first time staying in this hotel and it was a fabulous experience - from the moment we arrived with the valet parking the friendly welcoming staff made our stay unforgettable. We were in Dublin for the André Rieu concert at the O2/Point and decided to treat ourselves to an overall five-star experience! The room was lovely and had an iPhone/iPad Dock, proper hair dryers, not nailed down ones, and real cafetiere coffee, and the most comfy bed.
I went for a swim in the lovely infinity pool and a pleasant surprise was the complimentary fresh orange juice I was offered by the pleasant girl at reception after my swim, steam and sauna.
We went for a pre-show drink and tasters in the unique Rooftop Lounge where we were warmly welcomed by the manager and staff, and I enjoyed a glass of wine with delicious prawns, rosemary and aïoli fries and black pudding and sausage rolls, while hubby had baked chorizo with sourdough bread, accompanied by a craft Belgian beer, Leffe blond. The weather was atrocious with heavy rains and high wined but we still managed to get some lovely photos of panoramic views of iconic landmarks like the Convention Centre and the Liebeskind-designed Grand Canal Square and theatre.
After the wonderful show we went for a drink in the bar, and again enjoyed the attention to detail and warm hospitality of the staff. Breakfast this morning was perfect as I managed to snag the last Cronut - it was divine and I'd been looking forward to it for ages, since I'd first heard of them when the craze hit Ireland. In fact the only downside was that the Cronuts were sold out and I couldn't buy some to bring home and for a friend as I'd planned. I'll have to come back to rectify that soon!
Thanks so much to everyone in The Marker for a wonderful experience and looking forward to a return visit someday!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Catherine R,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is wonderful to read such a lovely review like yours and I am glad you enjoyed the different facilities throughout the hotel.

I am sorry there were no cronuts left for you to take home but do let me know next time you stay over with us and I will make sure you will have a box to take away with you… but I must warn you, they are addictive and you might not want to give them away!

Thank you again for your lovely review and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 December 2013

The location there is fantastic for the 02 or the BGE theatre. We only stayed one night but would like to have spent longer there. Te reception staff were brilliant at all times and the valet parking was a bonus. Ask for a King size bedroom overlooking the BGE and the Grand Canal.The downstairs bar was not very impressive and the breakfast was only average but we were still happy overall.We did not get to sample the Rooftop bar or the Spa but hopefully next time.

Dear Michnall,

Thank you for reviewing The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

As you mentioned, we are indeed ideally located near the Bord Gais Theatre and within walking distance of other major venues like the O2.

I am sorry you didn’t like the Breakfast but please do feel free to contact me and let me know what you would like to see in the menu, our Chefs love to hear from our guests and their ideas on how to improve their experiences.

Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed at the hotel in the summer, and when they say 5 star they mean 5 star. This hotel is purpose built. The staff, the rooms, and the hotel in general is top class, I cant fault it.

We arrived in may and availed of the valet parking, on entering the Hotel we were met by a staff member at the entrance who was a chatty Dub guy (which was a nice touch nice to see a local on the door) and very pleasant and really gave a feel good factor right from the off.

The staff inside are definitely handpicked, they are multinational, well dressed, quietly spoken, courteous and helpful. If you are wandering around reception or the bar and appear confused a staff member usually appears to check if you are ok, all the staff are almost too nice in fact :)

The rooms are fantastic with air-con hdtv, minibar etc.You get a king size double bed and a large bathroom with a big shower and separate bathtub. All the decor (like the hotel in general) is contemporary and slick.

The leisure center is fantastic as well. We didn't get to the rooftop bar, its supposed to be great. We didn't eat there as we had a booking somewhere else but the menu looked tempting.

On leaving our car was brought up, and our bags brought out and put into the car, wer were given 2 bottles of water and a box of chocolates by the porter.

In conclusion, if you want to bring a loved one for a surpise break, or a stopover before a honeymoon (its not cheap though but worth it) and If you want to feel like you are in a Bond movie then I suggest you stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Every room is good.