The Marker Hotel
Cassidys Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$147
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Restaurant
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$233
US$176
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
3,856 results
All reviewsrooftop barcorner suitegrand canal squareunderfloor heatingdocklands areabord gaisgreat hotelmodern hotelstar hotelmini barcity centrefantastic stayweekend breaktemple barspadoormanconcierge
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Love bringing friends here as the view is great and hotel is impressive in its architecture and location.

The drinks are not cheap but a fair price for the use of the bar and free nibbles thrown in. Excellent toilets as well.

Despite the ample number of staff serving, half the fun is seeing how chaotic service is despite management walking around with FBI style ear pieces :-) Every time I have been it takes 10 minutes to get served then three different waiters come to take your order within two minute intervals. Paying is nearly impossible. But it's fine as the atmosphere is relaxed and polite and you are there to enjoy the view in any case.

Blankets and heaters mean sitting out with hot whiskey on an autumn evening is more than possible! Also fun to watch the media types networking for any anthropologists out there.

Worth a visit, especially about 4.30 before the office crowd descend on the place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank IT-nerd-on-the-road
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear It-Nerd-On-The-Road,

Thank you very much for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to read that we have become one of your favourite places in Dublin, the Rooftop Lounge is indeed a great place to have a drink while admiring the amazing Dublin views.

We thank you again for your review and we will be seeing you up there very soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

This is my first review but I had to write it! The Marker is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in, the rooms, the service, and ambiance are all amazing! The thing that stood out the most was the service of the valet, they replaced our empty coffee cups and can of redbull (left in the car from the drive up) with two chilled bottles of water for our drive down. That along with the complimentary nibbles with drinks and having our slippers left out by the bed at night really gave a nice touch to whole stay!

Really worth a visit if going to the theatre or just popping to Dublin for a night!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank joe m
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Joe_Mul,

We feel honoured to be your first review on TripAdvisor.

And I am even more delighted to read your lovely comments.

We do know the small touches count as well to make the Marker Experience that more special.

On behalf of my team, I thank you for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I never write reviews but I have to after spending a fantastic night last weekend at The Marker. My partner and I went up to see Wicked which was sadly a complete let down but the saving grace was the hotel and staff. A very warm greeting on arrival and wow what a room. Immaculate and modern. The bathroom was spotless and I loved the design. It was our anniversary and after a couple of hours there was a knock at the door and a beautiful small cake was presented with happy anniversary written in chocolate on the plate was a fantastic touch. Staff always ready to help and always saying hello. The roof top bar was fantastic on the night time and the pre show dinner i have to take my hat off for the chef. Good nights sleep and the breakfast had a good choice shame no white pudding. The only blip i can say was that there was a mini bar but no charges on the inside so when checking out there had been a 50 euro hold was refunded. After an explanation I was happy. Thanks again The Marker will have to pop up some time again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Alan C,

Thank you for posting a lovely review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and we helped made your anniversary that little bit more especial.

The Rooftop Lounge is the perfect place to have a drink before going to the theatre and in a cold night, our exclusively prepared hot cider is ideal to warm up.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Overnighted here for an O2 event. Fabulous Hotel, very modern, clean and great staff. Food was excellent, room spacious even if AC not great, bed comfortable, bathroom bigger than some bedrooms I've stayed in elsewhere. Rooftop Bar was cosy and atmospheric but totally at the mercy of the "atmosphere" outside! Pre booked parking online with Q-Park for the Grand Canal Square multi-storey at half the cost of the limited concierge facility, the pedestrian access is literally right outside the Lobby. No sports on TV either in rooms or anywhere else for that matter, bad! Good location for Aviva, National Conference Centre, O2 or of course Bord Gais Energy Theatre which is right next door.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Declan17,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and yes, we have one of the biggest and most gorgeous bathrooms in Dublin.

I am sorry that the AC wasn’t up to your expectation but rest assured that we are working hard in updating the system throughout the hotel.

I thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed during December for a night to sample the Dublin nightlife at Christmas - and we were not disappointed! The room was huge and immaculate. The bathroom was huge, offering both a bath and shower, and the bed one of the comfiest I've slept in. The views from the room were stunning - as for the views from the rooftop bar - WOW. It was a chilly December night when we ventured up to the bar and so we were offered hot water bottles and dozens of blankets which some of our party gratefully accepted - I opted to warm up with a hot cider which was delicious. The breakfasts were tasty - especially the sausages! The location is great, just a short walk down the water into central Dublin to wander around Temple Bar, etc. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Claire S,

Thank you for posting a lovely review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to rea that you and your party had a great time with us and the Rooftop Lounge, even know with this unpredictable weather is still the place to be and like you mentioned, besides having heaters, we offer blankets and hot water bottles.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcoming you back very soon.