“Great addition to the Dublin hotel scene”
Review of The Marker Hotel

The Marker Hotel
Ranked #2 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Having spoken to a friend who stayed here shortly after it opened and experienced evident teething problems, I decided to wait a bit before booking our first stay.
We had already visited for drinks on the roof terrace and liked the look of the hotel.
The rooms are a nice size and very comfortable. We experienced none of the minor issues that my friend had and have to compliment all staff that we dealt with on their warmth and professionalism, Plans meant that we were unable to eat in the hotel on this visit but will definitely try at least breakfast next time.
I'm tempted not to mention the spa in the hope that it will still be almost empty on our next visit but have to say it is the best we have found in Dublin.
If visiting be sure to explore the local dockland area which has now been transformed into a highly credible night-life zone in this our favourite city.
Will return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear TrevorB,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you visited us and you are correct on saying that we have rectified most of our “teething problems” and we are still working hard to make The Marker the best hotel in Dublin.

The Spa & Wellness area is indeed wonderful and I do recommend for you to try out our Brasserie, the menu changes constantly depending on the season.

On behalf of the Team, I thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Spent a 1 night celebration event at this hotel, which is situated in a part of Dublin, that I am not familiar with.

The hotel is literally right beside the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre and is a bit hard to find without sat nav assistance.
First tip is to pre book valet car parking and you will have no problem arriving at he front door of the hotel and also when departing.
The reception area is open plan, with bar area, reception desk and brasserie. (breakfast and evening dinning area)
Check in is fine and whilst our bags were brought in from our car, they were not offered to be brought to our room and we had a lovely room on the first floor and the lifts are located beside the reception area and you will need your room keycard to operate the lift!

Rooms are spacious, with a large bathroom, probably one of the best that I've stay in for a long time.

Spa area is very modern and luxury, though you need to have a spa treatment over €60 to use the pool etc.

Evening meal was bistro style and of good quality, but choice was limited.

Staff at the hotel are very friendly,though few are local, so may not be able to give local information.

The hotel is 5*, which includes the cost of everything, but well worth a visit for a special occasion.

Recommend a visit to The Ferryman pub, which is 5 mins walk from hotel for a true Irish experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NITraveller

Dear NITraveller,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you chose us to spend your special nice with us and that you got the opportunity to experience the different areas of the hotel including the super Spa % Wellness Area which I must clarify that the use of the Gym, Pool, Sauna, Steam Room and Jacuzzi is complementary for the guests of the hotel; the €60 charge is only applicable to member of the public that are not staying in the hotel and want to experience the full facilities beside their treatment of their choice.

I thank you again for having stayed with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Some friends and I spent 7 nights at this hotel last week. The service was excellent, we got great advice about places to visit in the city of Dublin.
The rooms were clean and pleasant. We had some problems with electrical outlets and air conditioning, but we changed the room and received free desserts for the inconvenience.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Natyzu,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and let me reassure you that we have looked into the electricity issues and they have been resolved.

We hope to see you all back visiting us very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I took my girlfriend for a two night break to Dublin for her birthday and stayed here. On arrival, despite being two hours early (hoping just to drop our bags and go kill time) we weren't only told our room was available but that we had been upgraded free of charge. The room and all the facilities within it were fantastic. There is literally nothing they haven't thought of.. the bathroom tiles are even heated to avoid cold feet and they'd addressed minor details like adding an extention lead to the hairdrier so you can dry your hair infront of the mirror. We literally only used the hotel for the room so couldn't comment on anything else, other than the more than curtious staff who were always polite and helpful. Unfortunately the rooftop bar was closed until the Friday evening so we didn't get to see what all the hype was about. The hotel is located in the former docklands and is far enough from the city centre to avoid the noise but close enough to be a comfortable walk, or cheap enough taxi home if you've sampled a few too many Guiness. The only slight niggle, which isn't the hotels fault but would have been handy to know is if you are leaving a debit rather than credit card behind for damages etc. then they take a 100EUR payment which is reimbursed when you check out, so unfortunately because we didn't have a credit card between us we had to spend our emergency money on the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear LiamTGardner,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you both enjoyed your stay with us and liked the design of the hotel and its bedrooms.

You must come back to try out the other areas like the Spa & Wellness Centre and of course, the Rooftop Lounge with its spectacular views and amazing cocktails.

I thank you again for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

As an ex-pat I stayed here with my partner in Oct while on a short visit to Dublin. The Marker is a very nice experience. Valet parking was pleasant, check in was a little slow, but the reception area is sleek and modern and fun to hang out in and people watch. The room was very nicely appointed. Highlight for us was the spa area. Lovely pool with decadent slate grey tiles and a finnish sauna with black tiles and blue mood lighting. Very relaxing indeed and nice to see some originality. The cronuts weren't bad either. It's a bit of a walk into the city centre especially with the unpredictable Irish weather, but Docklands has great potential as a city precinct and this hotel will go from strength to strength. Definitely one of the coolest hotels in Dublin.

• Stayed: October 2013
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Finho,

Thank you for posting a lovely review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you selected us for your trip to Dublin and got the opportunity to enjoy the different facilities that The Marker has to offer like the spectacular Spa & Wellness Centre; with its lovely pool, Jacuzzi, steam and sauna room and not to forget all the different treatments that we have to offer.

On behalf of my team, I thank you again for your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Myself and my fiancé decided to book into the Marker for a break before Christmas. We stayed Saturday and Sunday the 7th & 8th of December and was really looking forward to it.
We arrived at the hotel at 3:15 on the Sat and checked in. We were told our room wasn't ready and it could be over an hour.
We decided we'd go to the bar for a drink.
At 4:30 I checked on the status of the room with reception and was told it still wasn't ready and I was told I'd be put on a priority list and we'd get the next room. We had to sit for a further hour until 5:30 when a manger from the bar approached us and asked us if we wanted a drink and I said no and I asked him was he a manager he said he was and i then explained we were waiting over two hours for our room and could he check it out.
He said to leave it with him and he came back 10 mins. He told us our room was ready and to go to reception for our key.
When we got to reception there was a second couple also getting a key as they had to wait for there room also. The receptionist who was with them apologised to them for the wait and gave them a complimentary upgrade on the house for their inconvenience.
We got a key, no apology and was given our room number from the second receptionist.
I emailed the hotel after and asked what was the difference from that couple to us and they chose not to answer the question but apologised for my experience and offered a complimentary upgrade the next time I would visit the marker.
I can tell you now I will never again set foot in the hotel as my money is as good as any body else's and I'm still awaiting why the other couple got preferential treatment over us.
We paid quite a lot of money for our two night break and lost out on 2 and a half hours in our room on the Saturday.
Definitely not worth the money if there's different standards for different people.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Maireadsemail
TheMarker H, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Dear Mairedsemail,

Thank you for reviewing the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and got the opportunity to visit all of our facilities, including the lovely Spa & Wellness Area.

We hope its not too long before we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Love bringing friends here as the view is great and hotel is impressive in its architecture and location.

The drinks are not cheap but a fair price for the use of the bar and free nibbles thrown in. Excellent toilets as well.

Despite the ample number of staff serving, half the fun is seeing how chaotic service is despite management walking around with FBI style ear pieces :-) Every time I have been it takes 10 minutes to get served then three different waiters come to take your order within two minute intervals. Paying is nearly impossible. But it's fine as the atmosphere is relaxed and polite and you are there to enjoy the view in any case.

Blankets and heaters mean sitting out with hot whiskey on an autumn evening is more than possible! Also fun to watch the media types networking for any anthropologists out there.

Worth a visit, especially about 4.30 before the office crowd descend on the place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank IT-nerd-on-the-road

Dear It-Nerd-On-The-Road,

Thank you very much for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to read that we have become one of your favourite places in Dublin, the Rooftop Lounge is indeed a great place to have a drink while admiring the amazing Dublin views.

We thank you again for your review and we will be seeing you up there very soon.