The Marker Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
The Alex(Dublin)
3,800 results
All reviewsrooftop barcorner suitegrand canal squareunderfloor heatingdocklands areabord gaisgreat hotelmodern hotelstar hotelmini barcity centrefantastic stayweekend breaktemple barspadoormanconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on business - chose this spot due to colleague recommendation and proximity to my office in Dublin. The staff was welcoming and professional. Rooms were very clean and comfortable (the bed sheets could have been slightly higher quality & I would have liked more pillow options). However, the lovely bathroom was a nice surprise: heated marble floors, a huge soaking tub and wonderful Malin + Goetz products. Would definitely stay again if I returned to Dublin.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Rdnycgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to know that our Team looked after you during your stay.

The bathroom and its toiletries are indeed wonderful and we hear nothing but raving comments about them.

Thank for having chosen us for your stay in Dublin and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I visited The Marker for the first time earlier this month for a girls weekend away in Dublin and it was just sublime!

The rooms were done to a very high standard and the bathrooms were heaven, heated floors, walk in shower and a bath I could have stayed in all day given half the chance! The reception staff in particular were great, very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Unlike some front of house staff they really took the time to engage with us and have a chat rather and weren't standoff ish in anyway at all.

We didn't eat at the hotel but we sampled a number of drinks from the bar! Wine list was great and our waiter did a fine job in recommending what we should have based on what we fancied and the cocktails were fab! A little pricey but in that kind of setting you kind of expect to pay a little more.

The roof top bar is definitely worth a stop, the views over the docklands was great and even though it was freezing and we were outside, we had a heat lamp and fresh blankets to keep us toasty.

Next time I'll make sure to visit the spa and the leisure facilities which I didn't get to this time round. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear LissAustin,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to read that you and your girlfriends had a great weekend.

I must agree with you that the bathrooms are sublime and the bubble bath might be the best way to start a relaxing weekend away.

The rooftop Lounge is indeed amazing even during this cold winter, we do have an inside area and we provide blankets and hot water bottles for the adventurous people that rather have a seat in the outside.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcoming you all back very soon and maybe this time you can experience the fantastic Spa and Wellness Centre.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed at this fabulous hotel during the All-Ireland in September 2013. The staff were excellent and the facilities top notch. We particularly enjoyed the swimming pool which is a decent 20m from what I recall. The rooms were luxurious with in room mirroring from your tablet to TV and secure Wi-Fi. I particularly liked the ceiling to floor window which gives a great few of the refurbished Docklands area and the Bord Gas energy theatre. The underfloor heated marble bathrooms were fantastic. The patio bar on the top floor was great craic if a little adventurous with Irish weather. The bar in the hotel lobby pours a better pint of Guinness than the storehouse at St James' (perhaps its the new piping??)

In short if you can afford to stay here you won't regret your booking particularly if you are seeing a show across the road in the theatre. The only thing to be aware of is that this 5 star is out of the city centre. Realistically it's a five minute taxi journey to Dublin City Centre. This contrasts to the Westbury (excellent) and the Fitzwilliam (mediocre) both of which have central locations i.e. their doorsteps are at the centre of the city but generally they do cost more. Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear MPK18,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you are not the first one to mention that a Guinness’ pint is even better than in the Guinness’ Storehouse!
The Spa & Wellness Centre is amazing specially if you get to enjoy a fantastic treatment performed by our excellent therapists and then spend the rest of the evening in the pool or Jacuzzi.

I thank you again for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had a fantastic stay in the Marker on Saturday night. Room was gorgeous, food ( both dinner and breakfast) was beautiful and service was second to none. A truly beautiful hotel with staff who are willing to go the extra mile

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Dublingals2014,

Thank you for posting a lovely review of The Marker Hotel.

I have passed your comments to our team and they are delighted with them.

I thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed here for our anniversary the weekend refresher deal. From check in to departure they could not do enough. The pool is one of the best I have swam in in the world. The treatments in the spa were seriously good Anya the beauty therapist was amazing. The room service was great the only thing I could fault was there is no bubble bath in the bathrooms and with a bath that big would of been nice they did offer to go to a shop to get some tho. Would stay again in a heart beat. Thanks to all the staff to making our anniversary so special.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Sjr11hw,

I am delighted that you spent your anniversary with us and that we helped to make it special.

I have passed your comments to Ania and she is delighted that you enjoyed the treatment and the rest of the Spa & Wellness facilities.

On behalf of The Marker Team, I thank you again for your lovely review and we look forward to seeing you both back soon.

Warm regards