“Classy”
Review of The Marker Hotel

The Marker Hotel
Ranked #2 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is wonderful, clean and trendy. The rooftop bar was closed which was a shame, ad it was Friday night which was disappointing. The food and cocktails are to die for. Free WiFi throughout which all hotels should have, but sadly don't. Breakfast was gorgeous. The pool and spa is beautiful, the only gripe I would have is that there are loungers beside the pool, but it was way too cold to sit there. They had water available beside the pool which is a great idea. The bed is soooo comfortable! My complimentary paper of choice was hanging outside my room which is a lovely touch. Robert on the front desk was so helpful ad friendly. Your car is put away for the night (20 euro) and dropped to the front door in the morning. Really pleasant experience...thank you!

Room Tip: I was given a choice of floors so I chose the top one....great views :-)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear weekell75Galway,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and got the opportunity to experience the rest of the facilities like the fabulous Spa & Wellness Centre; we have made the necessary adjustments to the temperature to make it all cosy and warm.

Hopefully we will get the chance to welcoming you again and perhaps the next time the Rooftop Lounge will be open during your stay but we can always organise someone to show you around.

Thank you again.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,560)

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed here for a mini city break in November 2013 and while the hotel was lovely and clean with a HUGE bathroom and bedroom (and bed... huge bed!) it was a little further away from the city centre than I thought which was okay as we often walked in and then taxi'd back for about €8-10.
Staff on reception were helpful and told us how to get to places we needed to get to (bars/guiness factory etc).
The roof bar was amazing and even though it was cold we enjoyed a few pre-dinner beverages.
We didnt eat in the hotel and considering the price was suprised that breakfast is not included. Not sure it is worth as much as they charge but as I have nothing especially to complain about that is just a personal opinion.
it is a very new hotel so in good condition, hope it remains to this standard over time.
Would most likely stay somewhere more central next time unless I needed to be in that side of town.

Room Tip: facing the canal is lovely as the backrooms face another hotel or a building I believe
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear JDUK222,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and I do agree with you that the rooms are great and we always get comments on how lovely and comfortable the beds are.

Even though we are not right in the middle of the city centre, we have all transport options to get from and to town: Dart, Luas, Dublin Bus and it is a lovely stroll along the Quays of only 15 minutes.

On behalf of my team, I thank you for your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Without a doubt one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in from checking in to our spa treatments and relaxing by the fabulous pool. The room was spotless cannot be faulted and the service was outstanding they really made us feel special and we cannot wait to go back. Amazing value for money and after one night there I felt like a new women. The roof top bar was so romantic and the room service food and breakfast was delicious. I would not stay anywhere else in Dublin.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lucy J,

The Spa and Wellness centre is indeed amazing and our Therapist do their best to adapt every treatment to its guest and what a better way to finish a treatment than going to the sauna or steam room to let the lovely ingredients used be absorbed into your skin.

I thank you again for your lovely comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Sunday Drunch was a wonderful experience. Food superb - touches of michelin star style. Very attentive service by all the staff. Wonderful way to spend a grey Sunday. One complaint music was terrible - DJ maybe needs to diversify. Surely Sunday should be 'chill out' time!! Will be back very soon for the food.

Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear HerbieFlorence,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I have to agree with you, Le Drunch is the perfect way to spend any lazy Sunday; I apologise that the music wasn’t up to your test but do feel free to contact me with your suggestions and I would be delighted to pass them out to our DJ.

I look forward to hearing from you.

lili.torres@themarker.ie

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I enjoyed a 3 night stay at The Marker. Overall a very pleasant experience - helpful staff, very good service over breakfast, a good selection for breakfast and good coffee. The pool, hot tub and sauna facilities are very good and well maintained. The hotel was very clean. My only minor complaint is I prefer hotel rooms to have solid flooring (e.g. Marble or Tile) - but the Marker rooms have carpet. The bathroom was gorgeous as well - full sized shower and separate bathtub. Will stay here again when visiting Dublin.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear jj80186338,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and the rest of the facilities that the Marker has to offer.

I hope you got the opportunity to have some of the great treatments that we have to offer and that complement perfectly the pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi in the Spa & Wellness area.

On behalf of my team, I thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed at marker and got a show in at bord gais which was evita! Arrived at hotel and had booked valet parking, my keys were handed over and I had nothing to worry about. Ina at reception was superb and nothing was to much trouble, she even printed my theatre tickets for me. Hotel itself is just superb and the turn down service was a lovely touch. Our room was big wit deadly view of grand canal and shower bathroom was beautiful too , 5 star all the way.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Squirke33,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope the play in the theatre was good too.

I have passed your lovely comments to Ina and she is delighted that she was of any assistance during your stay.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I booked this hotel for a long weekend break for my boyfriend and I to celebrate his birthday and Valentines Day. We both agree with the other reviewers- the hotel is a proper five star experience, yet it manages to make guests feel comfortable and at home and we settled in very quickly. We were very pleased with our room, which had views across the square towards the Bord Gais Energy Theatre ( and the very funky light stalks which are multicoloured at night). The bathroom was gorgeous - big bath and separate shower and the whole hotel is decorated in muted greys and blues, with the odd splash of colour. We had a very good breakfast on our first morning - others have commented on the prices and it's true that the Marker isn't cheap, but food, drinks and service are all five star standard and I wouldn't expect to count cheapness amongst the many benefits of staying in a luxurious hotel. We also ate in the Brasserie for the special Valentines dinner, complete with wine pairing and a champagne cocktail (passion fruit - yum!). The food and wine were both wonderful and the atmosphere very friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The spa is a must as well - my boyfriend and I both had Indian head massages which were amazing and the pool, steam room and jacuzzi area is lovely too. The weather was terrible on Valentines Day but we had a lovely day relaxing in the gorgeous Marker and genuinely didn't miss being out and about. If you have a hankering for some luxury, met with friendly Irish charm and a comfortable atmosphere, go to the Marker. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Caroline2811,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

This year it was our first Valentine’s since we opened and we were all very excited to put something very especial together to help our guest celebrate this date.
Our Executive Chef, Gareth Mullins created an one of a kind tasting menu and Roderick, our Restaurant Manager selected the best wines to complement each course and it proved to be a success.

I am delighted that you chose us to spend this date and also your boyfriend’s birthday and I trust my Team looked after both of you.

I thank you again for your lovely comments and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.