“Modern, foody, great staff !”
Review of The Marker Hotel

The Marker Hotel
Ranked #2 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I found this hotel on Trip Advisor. When away on business on my own i prefer modern hotels. I like fast Wifi, great service, a good restaurant, and high quality well-equipped rooms. I booked a Deluxe room, a deep-tissue massage in the Spa, & valet parking.

From the moment i arrived the whole experience was just incredible. The concierge who met me at the door was a giant of a man, & quite possibly the most polite and helpful man i've ever met. He took my car keys, issued me a ticket, & introduced me to the receptionist. Check-in was quick & easy, again from tremendously polite and helpful staff. I found the room easily, and it was exactly as i'd hoped. Modern, spacious, well-equipped, nice view. A beautiful contemporary bathroom, with marble everywhere & a walk-in shower (i do value a great shower). The TV had a huge choice of channels, & also other features such as iPad mirroring, & music on demand.

I then went to the Spa. Again, brilliant polite helpful staff. The massage was excellent, the facility was great, & i headed to the restaurant suitably chilled.

I was met by the restaurant Manager, a young Dutch 'food-lover'. Service was beyond impeccable, the food was amazing, great wine (which he decanted for me !!), & i was treated to some samples of other things on the menu through the course of the evening, as we discussed the world of food in general. I would go to this restaurant even if i wasn't staying at the hotel ... it stands-up as a great restaurant in it's own right. I really can't praise it, or the staff enough !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon L
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Simon L,

Greetings from The Marker Hotel! I very much appreciate the time you took to post a review about your recent stay with us!

Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding the contemporary stile and high end facilities. Above all I am delighted to read that our Team has made your stay. Our Restaurant Manager Roderick and his team are indeed a league apart and display their passion on a daily basis.

We look forward to serving you at The Marker Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Travelled 7000 miles from Hong Kong to see Derren Brown Infamous show at Bord Gáis Energy Theatre located right next to the hotel! The room is spacious, clean and with very high ceiling; the food at The Brasserie was delicious but most amazing was Derren Brown having breakfast at same restaurant with us; I believed he's staying at The Marker too!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who's traveling to Dublin.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Debbysywong,

I am delighted to read that after travelling that distance you enjoyed your stay with us!

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and I hope a new reason to visit Dublin in the near future will arise.

We look forward to serving you again at The Marker Hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed here last weekend, and we had a wonderful time there. From the moment we arrived at the set down space to the time we departed from there two days later, the staff could not have been more friendly and genuinely helpful.

We were met by Stefan who took our bags and brought them to reception. Before he parked our car for us, he introduced us to Robert at reception, who checked us in with the minimum of fuss. Stefan was on hand to bring our bags to our room, and gave us a guided tour of the room. A brief summary of our stay included Roof Top Lounge on Friday night. It was cold and wet so we couldn't stay outdoors. It was quiet therefore, and staff were winding down, but just as last drinks were called, a large group arrived in. If the staff were disapppointed at this, they certainly didn't show it, and served the new guests with the same enthusiasm as if it were at the beginning of the night.

We used the Spa and Wellness Centre on Saturday, and again the customer service experience was excellent. We ate there on one night, and the food in the Brasserie was top notch. Breakfasts on both mornings was varied and plentiful. When hot plate food became empty, they were quickly replaced by the staff. Check out was very efficient, and Stephen the doorman had our car was ready for us when we left, together with two bottles of mineral water for our trip home.

The overall view of the weekend, was a modern, spotless hotel, excellent food, nice bar atmosphere, but the biggest impression left was the quiet efficiency, and friendliness of all the staff members that we encountered. If this is what 5* service is, then the Marker has it in abundance. Other tourist establishments should visit, and learn a thing or two about customer service here. We would highly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: If you drive there, make sure to research your point of arrival, as it can be a bit confusing to fin...

Dear Crimson50,

Greetings from The Marker Hotel! We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Marker. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, and especially Stephen and Stefan, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon at The Marker Hotel in the near future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on the 8th march for d bs birthday and we were delighted good food good room, good roof garden ,good staff ,would certainly recommend .looking forward to our return trip .they even posted back my phone charger that I stupidly left behind

• Stayed: March 2014
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Jill B,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that we helped to celebrate this special occasion like your partner's birthday.

The food, rooms and indeed the entire Marker's facilities are first class but I consider the Marker Team the thing that makes a difference between having a "good stay" and a "one of a kind stay".

We hope to see you visiting us again very soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed in a lot of hotels and worked in a few too and I would just like to say that this hotel is The BEST hotel I have ever stayed at. When they say 5* this is what they mean. The staff are friendly, helpful and keep asking if there is anything they can do for you. The rooms are so clean you can eat food off the floor. Breakfast is decent but on the pricy side (€20 per person) . We also had dinner at the restaurant and it was very strange food, wouldn't really recommend eating there.
The pool, jacuzzi and saunas are all amazing, clean and well kept.
The beds are very comfy, I think it's memory foam, and I think all the double beds in the hotel are king size.
The location is a little outside of town but it's only a €7 taxi ride to the centre and there are also busses.
Would recommend this place to anyone and would never stay at any other hotel in Dublin.
Just amazing :)

Dear Tamara I,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

The Team and I are delighted with your comments and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

All of our double bedrooms have indeed a lovely and very confy king size bed; we get asked all the time for the brand of the mattress and even the linen that we use!

thank you again for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I live around the corner from the hotel and have been in for food and drinks to the lounge area a few times with my friends, work colleagues and husband. The hotel is very beautiful and modern but staff always very friendly and welcoming. Finally tried the roof bar of the hotel last Friday with my husband, had always imagined it was very difficult to get in but were surprised when the lady by the lift told us that there was space available. The views are breath taking and the seating area inside is small but very comfortable as it was very cold outside. The service was the highlight of our evening. Our server Alan was very attentive, friendly and couldnt have done more for us to enjoy our stay and recommended 2 excellent cocktails which were worth the €13.50 prices. Looking forward to visiting back during the summer when its warmer but that dosent take away from the warm service. Thank you. See you soon.

1  Thank JenkaC123
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear JenkaC123,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is always great to hear from our neighbours and I have passed your comments to Alan and he is delighted with them.

We are hoping that now that the weather is (hopefully!) changing for the better, we will be able to extend our opening days on the Rooftop Lounge; we review them every week and the best way to find out when the Rooftop is open for the public is on own website.

We thank you again for your lovely review and we hope we see you around very soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed here on a business trip; the hotel is modern and thoughtfully designed. Guest rooms are spacious, with comfortable beds and large bathrooms. Darkened corridors add sense of style, strangely. Facilities for business travellers in-room are good, with large desks and free wi-fi. The only hotel I've stayed at to provide complementary chocolate cake (in upgraded room at least) as part of first night's turndown. I know people who would come here for that reason alone! Staff were friendly and helpful. A pity that the rooftop bar isn't open during the week as the lobby bar is a bit impersonal. Not able to comment on hotel dining facilities as we ate out but the conference catering was a very good standard.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Paul H,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you selected us for your business trip and we are able to provide our seasoned travellers with what they exactly need.

The Rooftop opening hours are reviewed each weekend and modified according to business levels and the weather of course! we are hoping that now with the summer just around the corner, we will be able to extend those opening hours.

I thank you again for your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.