“A lovely stay”
Review of The Marker Hotel

The Marker Hotel
Ranked #2 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just stayed in the marker hotel. All in all a wonderful experience from the moment we pulled up outside to the moment of departure. Well done in particular to Unni a great host. We look forward to returning in the not too distant future. A great stay

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mufcadare
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Mufcadare,

Thank you for your lovely comments of The Marker Hotel; as a Leading Hotel of The World we strive to deliver the very best to our guests and I am glad to read that this was the case with your visit.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for The Marker Hotel

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We found the staff courteous and efficient. The facilities were very good and the Rooftop Bar well worth a visit. Very convenient and relaxing place to stay especially if you plan to attend an event at the Bord Gais Energy Theatre, only a few steps away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Phillip S,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I agree with you that we are the perfect venue when planning to go to the theatre either to have a lovely pre theatre dinner or a drink after the show.

Thank you again.

Warm regards

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived and our car was taken for parking until the moment we set off home, our night at the Marker was simply perfect!! The staff were all polite, friendly, efficient and above all helpful! The hotel itself is situated in Grand Canal Square opposite the Bord Gais Energy Theatre. Our room was beautifully appointed overlooking the square and canal, contemporary in design with a fabulous bathroom. We headed to the Rooftop bar for pre-show cocktails and mocktails (as my teen daughter was traveling with me) again the staff were helpful and thoughtful ensuring we were warm as we sat outdoors on a not-so-warm May evening! The following morning we had a lovely breakfast in the brasserie and once again the staff tended to every need with a smile. Later on we headed to the Spa and Wellness centre that truly gave us that "spa experience". Check-out was fast and cheery, and as we had a coffee at the bar our car was brought around for us and luggage taken care of. The final touch was finding two bottles of water waiting for us in the car for our journey home..... Our stay at The Marker, though only for one night, felt like a holiday. Every need was taken care of and always with a smile. I couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough and look forward to the next time I get to experience a stay there.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank dsim007

Dear Dsim007,

Thank you very much for posting a lovely review of The Marker Hotel.

I am delighted that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us and even had the opportunity to experience the amazing Rooftop Lounge.

My Team is delighted to read your comments and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Marker for one night while on a business trip in Dublin.
I was very pleased with my room which had a really modern deco with nice and warm colors. The kind bed was confortable even if it doesn't beat the Westin heavenly beds.
The bathroom was just wonderful with separate shower and bath tub. Malin+Goetz products are offered and the Rum body wash was an absolute delight.
I also took breakfast for 15€ which featured a nice choice of pastries, fruits and yogurts.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay, the only drawback being the location of the hotel which is a bit remote from Dublin's centre even if it's a 20min walk to Temple Bar.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear MaeliaB,

I would like to thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the rooms and the Malin+Goetz amenities available and had the opportunity to enjoy the lovely breakfast at the pre-booked rate of € 15,-.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed in The Marker last November when visiting Dublin, not usually a fan of such architecturally moden hotels I must admit I am already planning my next visit !. I adored everything about this hotel, the staff made us feel so welcome and our every need was catered for. Our room was just exquisite and the best bathroom I've ever experienced at a five star. You really get the feeling that no stone has been left unturned. Regarding the food...... Perfect !, and I fell in love with the roof terrace and it's sublime cocktails. I will be booking this hotel on every trip to one of my favourite cities.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Asbdjb

Dear Asbdjb,

Greetings from The Marker Hotel and thank you for posting a review!

It was a pleasure to read your comments and I am delighted that you adored everything about the hotel. I have to agree with you that the cocktails are sublime, and the weather is only getting better since your visit in November! During the summer, our Chef's also serve a great selection of Taster Plates on the Rooftop Terrace.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Just stayed here for 4 nights, attending a conference at the nearby convention center. It is an excellent location---just a 5-10 min walk across the bridge to the convention center, with many excellent restaurants (esp the comfortable but chic ely bar next door) and pubs within easy walking distance.

The rooms are large, well appointed, and the staff is extremely helpful. The breakfast buffet is very good. I liked the sitting areas/informal meeting tables set up in the lobby. Free, excellent wifi throughout the hotel.

A few complaints that in a lesser hotel would have meant a harsher review:
- wake up calls for both my colleague and I were 30 minutes late (we arranged them separately). The following morning when there was no wake up call requested and she then got one at the previous day's original time.
- The charging station in the desk (very nice feature) wasn't working and the staff member showed me how to wiggle the station's main plug under the desk to get the electricity flowing. I had to do this several times during the trip.
- shower drain was slow
- Rooftop bar was closed most if not the entire time I was there (at least Mon-Wed night)

Most of this should be able to remedied rather easily and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear ValueSeekerRW,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and the constructive feedback provided!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your our well appointed rooms and had the opportunity to have the lovely breakfast created by our chefs.

On behalf of the entire Team, I thank you for your comments.

Warm Regards,

stephan.devries@themarker.ie

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Marker is a really lovely hotel - beautiful rooms with 5 star amenities and the friendliest staff I've ever encountered at a hotel! We stayed for 2 nights for our anniversary and loved the hotel.

There are a few good restaurants nearby and the theatre next door (we saw War Horse and that was brilliant - we got last minute cheap tickets by walking in in the afternoon and asking at the ticket office). It's about 20 minutes walk to Temple bar area where we ate both nights of our stay - was fine for us to walk but can imagine being a bit of a pain if it was raining! Would have thought taxis are cheap though.

The pool / spa area were fantastic - quiet in the week too so once we had the whole area to ourselves. A good spot for relaxing!

The only downside was the rooftop bar wasn't open at all during our stay (or was only opened for a private party). Otherwise would have given the hotel 5 out of 5 as everything else was brilliant! Apparently it's not open that much in April or earlier months due to weather (particularly in midweek), but when we were in Dublin it was quite warm so would have been nice to go up there... Bit of a disappointment as we were looking forward to that and it was one of the reasons we splurged on The Marker for the 2 nights.

We didn't have breakfast in the hotel but instead had pastries / bagels from a deli type place called Fresh (I think) a couple of hundred metres away (literally a couple of doors down from the bar on the corner opposite the hotel). Would recommend this for those wanting somewhere different to go - we sat outside one day when it was sunny in the morning and saved a bit of money compared to breakfast in the hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emma_and_James1
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Emma_and_James1,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Marker. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, got to enjoy the city centre and were able to obtain last minute tickets for War Horse. The Rooftop is going to extend it's opening days over the coming weeks as the weather is getting better. My apologies that you did not visit the Rooftop Bar and I hope we can accommodate you in the future to enjoy the beautiful views and cocktails.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Warm Regards