“Modern, clean, great service”
Review of The Marker Hotel

The Marker Hotel
Ranked #2 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Marker is a lovely hotel located on the grand canal with terrific views. The staff were very friendly, always looking for an extra opportunity to assist. The hotel was very clean with a modern design and well-appointed rooms.

The one small flaw was our inability to cool the room using the thermostat. It may have been our inexperience with the thermostat system, but the room ended up being too warm during our stay.

All in all the Marker is a wonderful property and is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Request a canal view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Jemig,

Thank you for writing a review of the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and please rest assured that we have looked into the temperature in the bedrooms and adjusted them accordingly now that the summer is approaching and we have better and longer sunny days,

On behalf of my team, we thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Lili Torres

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for two nights in March and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Location is excellent particularly with the theatre next door. The food was really good and the early bird menu was really good value. We had a delicious breakfast both mornings and the service from the staff was faultless. The rooms were really well soundproofed with an edgy feel. The spa was excellent but far too expensive and this should be looked at as we would have used this more if it was more reasonable. Also I thought residents should have had priority access to the roof terrace bar as the queues were very long and no consideration was given to hotel residents. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: Get a view over the theatre if possible, it's fantastic although the roof terrace (if you can ge...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear H S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor!

I am enchanted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I am disappointed to read that you did not get up to the Rooftop Bar as we normally do prioritise Hotel Guests. Thank you for your feedback on our Spa & Wellness. The treatments are priced in the same range of similar Spa facilities in Dublin City Centre. I have to agree with you that the food served in the Brasserie is really good and it is great to read you also had Dinner there.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Marker Hotel.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a lovely modern hotel of interesting architectural design. The staff are friendly & attentive. Rooms are a nice size & we had a great view of the dock area. Bathroom was a good size too with both a shower & a bath. Breakfast was very good with excellent service. Restaurant was closed (Monday night) and this was flagged upon booking but bar food was available & very nice. Spa / pool area was up to standard. Just check out the opening hours of the roof top bar - to avoid disappointment! Impossible to get there during our stay despite specifically asking.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mullenbeg,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay but I am sorry that you couldn't access the Rooftop Lounge, we usually only open during the weekend and when we do, our hotel residents have priority on going up there to enjoy a great cocktail and the lovely view.

I thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards

Lili Torres

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I just spent one night in The Marker Hotel over the weekend. It was a wonderful stay. More than anything else, the customer service was absolutely outstanding. The hotel is very comfortable and we enjoyed drinks in the bar and breakfast in bed (promptly served). The pool area is very nice and any time I rang reception, my name was used in conversation. Before going to the marker I sent an email asking for something to be printed out for me on arrival at the hotel and without asking it was presented to me on check in. Check in and out were prompt even though both times were very busy. Hotel is clean, modern and comfortable but as mentioned already here it is customer service at which the Marker excels and that more than anything else is what makes a five star hotel. It is lovely to see hotel workers smiling and greeting you. We will be back.
Ashling

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Ashling36,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay on Tripadvisor!

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. It is always a pleasure to receive such nice feedback and that you noticed the little touches.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back at The Marker Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice modern hotel with friendly staff.

Room was fresh and large with, almost, a great view of grand canal.

Atrium was busy in the evening and roof terrace bar cold however this did not detract from an excellent stay.

Spa is relaxing however we felt treatments were on the expensive side.

We look forward to going back!

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Anton N,

We really appreciate the fact that you took time to post a review of your recent stay at The Marker Hotel!

I am delighted to read that you had the opportunity to enjoy multiple outlets in the hotel including the Spa & Wellness area and the Rooftop Bar.

We look forward to welcoming you upon a future stay in the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night over a weekend. Our stay was excellent from the start to the finish. The room which was a superior room certainly lived up to its name. It was spacious very comfortable and extremely clean. The pool & jacuzzi were also very good. The staff were the most helpful staff we have has for a long time!! I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to my friends if they were staying in Dublin.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin H,

Many thanks for posting a review on Tripadvisor!

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay in our Superior Room. Our accommodation - and facility teams do indeed a very good job to upkeep the bedrooms. We have passed on your comments to the Team who, I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

There are a lot of good reasons to stay here. The rooms are clean, new, well furnished and comfortable, and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. On one occasion we were waiting to ask a question at reception and a porter approached to see if he could assist (he could); taking initiative to be helpful creates a great impression and is a credit to management. The hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk to the main shopping/eating area of the city, which was fine for us as we like to walk. There are half a dozen restaurants nearby, but the locale appears to be largely residential and offices and fairly quiet. We didn't eat at the hotel and the rooftop bar wasn't open, however there always seemed to be a lot of people in the bar area near the lobby. Easy to reach from the airport as the Aircoach has a stop just a 2 minute walk away. My only gripe is that the downlights for the main basin in the bathroom were too dim and badly positioned, so that even shaving became a guessing game. Given the property is so new I can't see this being addressed any time soon through refurbishment, but it's a shame that something so basic marred an otherwise excellent room layout. Nevertheless, I would highly recommend this hotel and stay here again if we return to Dublin.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ollie06,

Greetings from The Market Hotel! Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and noticed the pro-activity from the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.