“Did not stay at the hotel but they were very helpful”
Review of The Marker Hotel

The Marker Hotel
Ranked #2 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Did not stay at the hotel but they were very helpful”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stopped into the hotel to meet up with a person. We had our luggage in tow. We were not staying in the hotel but they stored our bags a gave us coffee and water in the lobby. They have good wifi in the lobby. We also enjoyed brunch in the lobby restaurant. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Freak4Travel,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the famous "Le Drunch" in our Brasserie Restaurant that is served every Sunday from 2 - 5 pm and features a DJ playing the latest and classic tunes too!.

I am glad that the Team assisted you with your bag and I hope the next time you will stay with us and have the full "Marker Experience".

Thank you for your review.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We are just back from a two night stay @ The Marker- - what a hotel!!! Absolutely gorgeous, ultra modern with extremely friendly staff. The rooms are clean and comfortable, with everything you need to hand - the attention to detail is second to none!! The rooftop bar is gorgeous and the cocktails delicious. I couldn't fault the hotel on anything and their staff are the best I've come across. I can't wait to go back again

Dear KON34,

It is lovely to read a great review like yours posted on TripAdvisor.

I have passed your comments to my Team and they are delighted with them and that you enjoyed your stay including your visit to the gorgeous Rooftop Lounge that is a must especially when the sun is shinning!

On behalf of my Team, I thank you again for your comments.

Warm regards

County Meath, Ireland
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend in May. The whole stay was perfect. The staff went beyond themselves to be helpful. All the small touches are fabulous.
The rooms are beautiful, I love the shower and bathroom. Swimming pool and changing rooms spotless. Rooftop bar is stunning at night time. Make sure to eat in the restaurant.
Overall the hotel made our stay so memorable. I will definitely be back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear ADIreland2014,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and I have to agree with you that the design of the rooms is just lovely and the Spa and the Rooftop Lounge complements a perfect stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

wexford
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Fantastic hotel in great location which we enjoyed for 2 nights. The room was very comfortable and the welcome we recieved and the assistance of staff when ever we ask for help was great. The pool was lovely as was the roof top bar, with great view over Dublin.
Our only complaint was when our car was brought round, when we were leaving, from the hotel carpark and discovered scratches down one side of the car. It's a very small carpark aparently and space is tight (we do not drive a huge car). To be fair, they did pay for the car to be repaired after some discussions and took full responsibility but we were not the first time incident of its kind we were told......you have been warned. Park the car yourself!

Room Tip: If you can request (I think you pay extra) for a front view room as the view from the rooms facing...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear StigWexford,

Thank you for posting your review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful facilities that the Marker has to offer and I am sorry that your car was damaged while parked by us but I trust that everything is sorted out now.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Utah
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Marker is a lovely hotel located on the grand canal with terrific views. The staff were very friendly, always looking for an extra opportunity to assist. The hotel was very clean with a modern design and well-appointed rooms.

The one small flaw was our inability to cool the room using the thermostat. It may have been our inexperience with the thermostat system, but the room ended up being too warm during our stay.

All in all the Marker is a wonderful property and is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Request a canal view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Jemig,

Thank you for writing a review of the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and please rest assured that we have looked into the temperature in the bedrooms and adjusted them accordingly now that the summer is approaching and we have better and longer sunny days,

On behalf of my team, we thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Newbridge, Ireland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for two nights in March and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Location is excellent particularly with the theatre next door. The food was really good and the early bird menu was really good value. We had a delicious breakfast both mornings and the service from the staff was faultless. The rooms were really well soundproofed with an edgy feel. The spa was excellent but far too expensive and this should be looked at as we would have used this more if it was more reasonable. Also I thought residents should have had priority access to the roof terrace bar as the queues were very long and no consideration was given to hotel residents. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: Get a view over the theatre if possible, it's fantastic although the roof terrace (if you can ge...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear H S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor!

I am enchanted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I am disappointed to read that you did not get up to the Rooftop Bar as we normally do prioritise Hotel Guests. Thank you for your feedback on our Spa & Wellness. The treatments are priced in the same range of similar Spa facilities in Dublin City Centre. I have to agree with you that the food served in the Brasserie is really good and it is great to read you also had Dinner there.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Marker Hotel.

Warm Regards
Stephan de Vries
stephan.devries@themarker.ie
Dublin
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely modern hotel of interesting architectural design. The staff are friendly & attentive. Rooms are a nice size & we had a great view of the dock area. Bathroom was a good size too with both a shower & a bath. Breakfast was very good with excellent service. Restaurant was closed (Monday night) and this was flagged upon booking but bar food was available & very nice. Spa / pool area was up to standard. Just check out the opening hours of the roof top bar - to avoid disappointment! Impossible to get there during our stay despite specifically asking.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mullenbeg,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay but I am sorry that you couldn't access the Rooftop Lounge, we usually only open during the weekend and when we do, our hotel residents have priority on going up there to enjoy a great cocktail and the lovely view.

I thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards