“Superb in every way!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Ireland
“Superb in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Have just returned from a 3 night stay at Marker with my husband & we cannot praise the hotel highly enough! It was fantastic in every way from start to finish! The service & attention to detail would show anyone in hospitality how to do it right! We did not encounter one bad staff member & each and everyone of them go out of their way to assist in every way! The rooms are very modern & spacious & serviced so well each day with excellent cleaning & fabulous products of which there is no shortage! All I can say is stay here if you get a chance , you won't be disappointed! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank millymini
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Millymini,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay at The Marker Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that the Team could not do enough for you and that you liked the spacious rooms with the Malin + Goetz amenities.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Stephan de Vries
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed here for one night, and I can only wish we had of stayed for more. What an incredible hotel, with the most professional staff I have ever encountered. The hotel itself is a beautiful building, with a very modern, elegant layout. We had a last minute get-together with friends for a birthday at the bar downstairs. We were then escorted and welcomed up to the rooftop bar, and were told to relax as there was bar service (the views are stunning). The staff continued to be attentive and welcoming of our group, by arranging a beautiful chocolate fruit cake from the brasserie and decorated plate for my friend's birthday. The rooms were ideal, and the complementary cosmetics were top notch. Also the bottles of water in the car from the porter was a nice touch, as were the chocolates and goodnight mats on the floor when we arrived back to the room. This hotel is very reasonably priced, the price was in no way pretentious and breakfast was included. The breakfast was to my liking with a great selection of foods on offer. I honestly cant fault this place, I would only say that there should maybe be a reservation system with the rooftop bar, as there are limited tables and it would really be a shame to miss out on this if you're a guest.

1 Thank William R
Dear William R,

Greetings from The Marker Hotel and thank you very much for posting a review on Tripadvisor!

We are flattered by your feedback of your recent stay and I have to agree with you that the views from the Rooftop Bar are indeed stunning. Although the capacity in the Rooftop Bar is limited and weather depending we prioritise Hotel Residents.

Thank you again for your very positive feedback which I will certainly share with the Team.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Stephan de Vries
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Modern hotel in great location in downtown Dublin, by canal. Great service with very eager to please staff complemented spacious VERY pleasant rooms with state of the art furnishings (nothing missing that I can think of), free wifi, well equipped gym (including weights, cardio, rowing machine, etc..). Not inexpensive but I was lucky to get all of this at a relatively low room price in mid May. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Higher would be better for the view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Mojo2014samba,

It is a pleasure to read a nice review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to use all the facilities that The Marker has to offer like the Spa & Wellness Centre.

I thank you for your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stopped into the hotel to meet up with a person. We had our luggage in tow. We were not staying in the hotel but they stored our bags a gave us coffee and water in the lobby. They have good wifi in the lobby. We also enjoyed brunch in the lobby restaurant. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Freak4Travel,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the famous "Le Drunch" in our Brasserie Restaurant that is served every Sunday from 2 - 5 pm and features a DJ playing the latest and classic tunes too!.

I am glad that the Team assisted you with your bag and I hope the next time you will stay with us and have the full "Marker Experience".

Thank you for your review.

Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We are just back from a two night stay @ The Marker- - what a hotel!!! Absolutely gorgeous, ultra modern with extremely friendly staff. The rooms are clean and comfortable, with everything you need to hand - the attention to detail is second to none!! The rooftop bar is gorgeous and the cocktails delicious. I couldn't fault the hotel on anything and their staff are the best I've come across. I can't wait to go back again

Dear KON34,

It is lovely to read a great review like yours posted on TripAdvisor.

I have passed your comments to my Team and they are delighted with them and that you enjoyed your stay including your visit to the gorgeous Rooftop Lounge that is a must especially when the sun is shinning!

On behalf of my Team, I thank you again for your comments.

Warm regards

County Meath, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend in May. The whole stay was perfect. The staff went beyond themselves to be helpful. All the small touches are fabulous.
The rooms are beautiful, I love the shower and bathroom. Swimming pool and changing rooms spotless. Rooftop bar is stunning at night time. Make sure to eat in the restaurant.
Overall the hotel made our stay so memorable. I will definitely be back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear ADIreland2014,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and I have to agree with you that the design of the rooms is just lovely and the Spa and the Rooftop Lounge complements a perfect stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

wexford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Fantastic hotel in great location which we enjoyed for 2 nights. The room was very comfortable and the welcome we recieved and the assistance of staff when ever we ask for help was great. The pool was lovely as was the roof top bar, with great view over Dublin.
Our only complaint was when our car was brought round, when we were leaving, from the hotel carpark and discovered scratches down one side of the car. It's a very small carpark aparently and space is tight (we do not drive a huge car). To be fair, they did pay for the car to be repaired after some discussions and took full responsibility but we were not the first time incident of its kind we were told......you have been warned. Park the car yourself!

Room Tip: If you can request (I think you pay extra) for a front view room as the view from the rooms facing...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear StigWexford,

Thank you for posting your review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful facilities that the Marker has to offer and I am sorry that your car was damaged while parked by us but I trust that everything is sorted out now.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.