“Top notch hotel in "New Dublin"”
Review of The Marker Hotel

The Marker Hotel
Ranked #2 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Top notch hotel in "New Dublin"”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This amazing hotel in Dublin Docklands gives a fresh view of Dublin. This hotel is just a short stroll along the water to the must see parts of Dublin but is in a beautiful water surrounded backdrop to give you that chance to really unwind. The staff here are excellent and very welcoming. They are knowledgeable and of the highest standard. The in house brasserie serves up five star cuisine to round out the experience. This hotel was one of the finds of our trip to Ireland and we would happily stay again if we happened to find ourselves in Dublin again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear AussieWayno,

Thank you for reviewing the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope your trip in Ireland was all you were wishing for and the weather wasn't that bad!

I have to agree with you that the Brasserie serves five start cuisine and our Chefs are constantly updating the menus to use only the freshest ingredients possible.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Kind regards

Lili Torres
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Second visit here and it's getting better and better. I was greeted by Barry at the front door.My check in was very professional and prompt. I was checked in by Gary who was a wealth of knowledge with services to offer and gave me some fantastic eatery offers outside the hotel as I requested he also gave me his business card and said to not hesitate to contact him directly if I require further assistance 5 star service.the room was well equipped with a very comfortable bed. The one big let down with the hotel is the standard of the bar food on offer. Service was very good but it's the second time I have had some very average bar food. They have a simple selection of food on the menu but to get a club sandwich so wrong is a basic error. The pool and spa area are well worth a visit and if your going to bord gais it's an ideal venue. On my check out I called the front desk and asked for my car to be returned and this was a fantastic service. Check out was very perfect and I'm looking forward to a return visit. Hopefully bar food will have improved

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jerry R,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read your lovely comments and I have passed them to Gary, Barry and the rest of the team and they are delighted with them.

I am sorry that the Bar food wasn't up to your liking but I am happy to announce that we will be launching a new menu in all of our food outlets and hopefully you can see your favourite dish featured there.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Lili Torres
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here Saturday 31 May 2014. We were going to a show in the Bord Gais, Singing in the Rain. We ate in the bar, food was just ok. Wine and cocktails were lovely. The rooftop bar after the show was really nice, the staff were lovely and you could get blankets or hot water bottles if you wanted, which is a nice touch. The room was fine but there was no bath and we think a five star hotel should have a bath. The mini was really well stocked and the bed was comfy, we got a good room overlooking the Bord Gais, room 616. The staff and the service in this hotel are helpful, attentive and very pleasant. Would recommend this hotel for them alone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne O
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Joanne O,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay on Tripadvisor.

It was a with great pleasure that I read you review. Thank you for the feedback regarding the bar food, we have taken up the comment with our Executive Chef. All our Deluxe rooms and some of our Superior rooms have a seperate bath and shower; although we try to accommodate everyone in one of these rooms this is unfortunately not always possible if the hotel is busy. On behalf of the staff I would like to thank you for single out their performance.

I trust you enjoyed 'Singing in the Rain' and we look forward to your next stay with us at The Marker Hotel.

St Neots, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is great. Attentive check in staff who, after completing the paperwork, didn't just point me to the lifts but walked me to them. The room is clean and comfortable. The bathroom is fantastic, with a full bath and separate wet-room style shower. It's clean, comfortable and quiet. I just wish I was staying for more than one night!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TAmitts
Dear TAmitts,

We appreciate the time you took to review your recent stay with us at The Marker Hotel.

It is a pleasure to read that the small details as walking you over to the lift were noticed. All our Deluxe and several Superior rooms do have a bath and separate shower; we have to share your opinion that they are fantastic.

We wish you would have stayed longer than one night as well, hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at the Marker Hotel for two nights while being in Dublin on a business trip. The hotel is very nice, my room was very spacious, the bed was great, but if anything, the service was even better. From I first walked in until I left, they couldn't have done more to make it a great stay. This is easiest the best hotel I have stayed in in a long time and I couldn't recommend it enough.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kjetil R
Dear Kjetil R,

We really appreciate the time you took to review your recent stay on Tripadvisor!

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and that apart from the well appointed rooms, the Team, once again, has been able to make the difference.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future to The Marker Hotel.

Suffern, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great boutique hotel in Dublin. The staff was very accommodating and the hotel was lovely. We were able to walk all over Dublin from this location. Was larger then we usually choose when we are traveling but all the staff was so friendly that they made it feel small and cozy. Breakfast was great even though it was not included in the room rate we ate there two mornings it was so good.

Room Tip: We had rooms over looking the canal and square below. Beautiful at night when it was light up.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank staceynan
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear staceynan,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay at The Marker Hotel on Tripadvisor!

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback! I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel, personalised interaction with the staff and Dublin in general. Grand Canal Square does indeed have a very nice feel to it, and especially with all the lights in the evening.

We hope to welcome you back to The Marker Hotel in the future.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I don't know about others, but staying at The Marker is a very good experience when in Dublin, for work or vacations. Nice rooms and bathrooms, fantastic breakfast (although a little expensive - 15 euros), relaxing pool and saunas - free for hosts and a very polite staff. A tip: take a drink at the lounge bar. Stunning view! And better: placed in a calm area not too far from the centre.

Room Tip: Rooms with view to internal area seems to be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vander G
Dear Vander G,

I really appreciate that you took the time to review us on Tripadvisor!

Although Rio de Janeiro is famous for it's skyline views, it is great to read that you enjoyed the stunning views from our Rooftop Bar & Terrace! I am happy that you had the opportunity to pre-book breakfast at the rate of €15,- and that you though it was fantastic.

We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future, we are already looking forward to welcoming you back!