“Weekend break”

The Marker Hotel
Ranked #2 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Weekend break”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday this weekend. It was amazing! The hotel was fab and staff were so nice! The swimming pool was lovely, rooms were gorgeous! Not far from the hustle and bustle in Dublin. Not a bad thing to say about this place I would definitely recommend staying here! It was well worth the money

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Natasha P
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Natasha P,

Thank you for your review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that we helped to celebrate your boyfriend's birthday and mark this special occasion.

The rooms are indeed gorgeous and I hope you got the opportunity to have a celebratory drink on our amazing Rooftop Lounge.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you both back very soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Elmhurst, Illinois
Reviewed 29 June 2014

we stayed at the Marker for 3 nights...NOT a family friendly hotel. The staff was snobby, Maybe for young single people this would be good but definitely not a family. We had to get 2 roll aways and I asked if they were comfortable...we were assured they were...they were horrilbe...like sleeping on a board. For the price of this hotel they should have a better way to accomodate families.

Room Tip: just dont travel with more than 2 people and you will be good
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maureen M
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Maureen M,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to read that you and your family didn't enjoy your stay and I am disappointed that the extra beds weren't up to your liking as we never get complaints from them.

We proud ourselves on being able to cater for both corporate guests and families as we have different types of facilities that would make them all feel comfortable and at home.

Thank you again for your comments and please be assured that we have taken them on board.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Superb luxury hotel with service that may outdo the Ritz. Chic modern design. Excellent breakfasts. Rooftop bar is fun. Ten to 20 minute walk to Trinity College and Grafton Street and perhaps five or ten minute walk to convention center. If you walk to Trinity/Grafton/Temple Bar, take a few more minutes and walk along the river. It does cost more than nearby choices, but it is worth it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Michael K,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

The entire Team and myself are delighted with them and indeed we are perfectly located for people going to the Convention Centre as it is only 5 minutes walk away.

We thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards

Calif
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed at the Marker for three nights in late May and thought the experience rather pleasant.
While the room was large, bright and clean, it was the service that was commendable. Everyone I encountered, from front desk to Brasserie servers to housekeeping staff, was friendly, courteous and helpful.
Nice touches in the room were heated bathroom floor tiles, a great little french press coffee maker and the t.v. touch screen menu. The bed was large and comfy, with nice linens and a good quality mattress. Little mint chocolates were offered at turndown service, which I happily gobbled up.
The view from the rooftop bar was simply stunning, and the spa was beautiful. A particularly nice touch, even compared to the very fancy (albeit pricey) hotel spas I've sampled, including the Fairmont Montreux, was the post-massage refreshment of a little juice bottle and snack.
I ate the pre-theatre menu at Brasserie and thought the chicken with lentils and broccolini was just delicious. I did not care for the recommended salmon starter, which they deleted from the bill without my asking. The breakfast buffet, included in my package, was excellent and included delicious yoghurts, muesli and other cereals, small but tasty pastries, and great scrambled eggs and several breakfast meat choices. The service was so excellent that they fulfilled my hopeful request to snag one cronut and a made to order green juice.
One small quibble: my package included an upgrade to the next room category, which I'd hoped meant a canal view. However, the upgraded room had a view of the kiddie park (ironic since I am sans rugrats), and was about a nose length from the large building directly adjacent. I'm starting to wonder if I repeatedly get crummy views at five star hotels (with the notable exception of Grand Resort Bad Ragaz) because I'm a solo traveler, or perhaps because I ask for a quiet room? To be fair, (once again) I happened to be in Dublin over a bank holiday weekend, and I did check in late. They definitely gave me an upgrade, as the room was very large,and, with the exception of an air vent in the bathroom, quiet.
While The Marker does not have the enviable location of, say, The Westbury, I think they are well on their way to being a successful addition to the Dublin hotel market.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Zimmchiro,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that my Team looked after you.

The breakfast indeed is wonderful and our skilful Chefs can prepare your favourite dish and even get a precious cronut!

Thank you again for your detailed review and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business, and chose the hotel mainly for its location close to the Convention Centre, and based on the good reviews. I arrived from the airport by bus, and from the moment I checked in everything went smoothly. I was shown to my room by a very friendly and polite man. The room had everything I needed; a comfy bed, a desk, sitting area, good wifi, hair dryer, ironing board etc. I loved especially the marble bathroom with a tub and separate shower area, and the Malin & Goetz amenities!

During my stay all members of the staff were always polite, friendly and seemed to be genuinely in a good mood, and I feel that they were what made this truly a five star experience. My room was kept in top notch condition, with evening turndown service.

The breakfast selection was wide enough, and the quality was exceptionally good. Special thanks to the personnel working there during breakfast, they made my day every morning! I tried the bar on the night of my arrival, the drinks were okay and the salad was a fresh take on something that could easily have been boring. I also had the pleasure to visit the roof top bar, which was very nice. During my stay I used the pool several times, and found it good for swimming long distance too; in the mornings it wasn't too crowded either. The pool area was also very nice.

The hotel is located about a 15 min walk from the city centre, which I didn't find too long, but I didn't have the chance to visit the centre every day. For this type of trip I found the hotel more than perfect, and was very happy with my stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kahki
Dear Kahki,

Thank you for reviewing the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are very proud of The Marker Team as we know they are truly dedicated to our guests and in the majority of the cases, it is them that make the difference between a good stay and an exceptional one.

We are ideally located close to the Convention Centre and as you mentioned, a short walk to the city centre along the Liffey.

Thank you again for your lovely comment and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Just realised I never finished my review from my stay in March! From start to finish the Marker made the whole Dublin experience a perfect one!

As discussed in my previous review the room was beautiful with large bed, crisp white sheets, perfect pillows and a huge marble bathroom with rainfall shower and bathtub!

The hotel was all about the little touches ensuring we had a fabulous stay. The food was also delicious. Great selection at breakfast with cooked breakfast, eggs and omelettes available with wide choice of fillings. Detox strawberry water was especially nice. Fresh fruit, pastries you name it they had it. Unfortunately we didn't get to sample the rooftop bar as we got lost in the many bars in Dublin and didn't make it back in time.

We both had fully body massages in the spa and have to say they were amazing but be warned they can be deep massages so can make you very sleepy afterwards not advised before a night out in Dublin city perhaps as more of a detox the next day! The hammock chill out area is very relaxing and the pool, jacuzzi and steam rooms make the experience complete.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a modern yet comfortable stay in a great location to explore Dublin city. I am currently looking to book to come back at the end if July and in September and will be booking in here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear gem03x,

We feel honored that you took the time to continue your review which you already posted in March!

I am delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable treatment in the Spa, although maybe not the best before your night out it definitely fit it's purpose in that case, to relax!

We look forward to welcoming you back in September.

Warm Regards,
Stephan de Vries
Manchester, England
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is based by the quays very close to the centre of Dublin. There are some great bars and restaurants nearby and Temple Bar ids less than a 15 minute walk or 5 minutes in a cab.
The rooftop terrace is very chic with fantastic views and if you're lucky enough to have a sunny day you can spend hours up there.
Bedrooms were stylish, spacious and comfortable, my only complaint was the breakfast which was 'buffet style' (always a euphemism for cheap and not very cheerful) which you don't expect from a 5 star hotel. When I saw the runny scrambled eggs and the ageing bacon my heart sank. Raj the excellent restaurant manager cheered me up again by listening intently to my moaning and promising to submit my thoughts to the Management. Lets hope that by the time you stay there a freshly cooked option is available.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear DJH4,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Marker Hotel on Tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I have shared your comments with the Team and especially Raj who, I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. I am delighted to read that you had the opportunity to enjoy the local area with its great variety of bars and restaurants. Apart from the buffet option we always offer an a la carte menu and the chef is always happy to prepare your eggs boiled or fried if you prefer so.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Marker Hotel in the future.

Warm Regards,