“Restaurant review.”

Ranked #2 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Restaurant review.”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We have eaten the bar food a few times before going to the nearby theatre and it is generally excellent. This is the first we have eaten in the restaurant. It was a deal so not sure if the price we paid reflects the usual bill. The food was just fantastic. It was as good as the food we had recently in a Michelin star restaurant. The chef is Garret Mullins. The restaurant was packed and he managed to produce some very high quality food for a lot of people. On top of that the service and staff were very good and attentive. I would recommend this restaurant.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Peter M,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Brasserie at The Marker Hotel.

I am delighted that you had a wonderful experience and I do have to agree with you that the dishes created by Gareth and his Team are always delicious! The service is all in the little, personal touches and it is great to see that the service was as attentive and impressive as the food.

We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Warm regards,
Stephan de Vries
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went there to celebrate a special occasion with my wife and go to the theatre next door. I have to say that everyone that i encountered was so friendly and helpfull and they couldnt do enough for you. The staff remembered our names and wished us a happy anniversary wherever we went, vert impressive considering that it seemed they were pretty busy while i was there.
My wife already hinted that she wants to be brought back there again and to be honest, i cant wait to go back either!

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the Canal
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Garrett D,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your time with us and that the team helped to make it that bit more especial for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards

Berkshire, England
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting Dublin with work. Wow what a hotel! Staff were so attentive, room was beautiful-large and spacious and so modern. Location was just what we needed-no time to explore but close to our offices. Breakfast was high quality and lots of choice. The rooftop bar was stunning-made for a great drinks reception. Overall a perfect stay, would love to return!

Stayed July 2014
Dear EnglandCIs,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

The Marker is indeed great for both business and pleasure as it combines everything that our corporate clients might need like complementary WIFI, spacious rooms and then a lovely Spa & Wellness Centre to relax and unwind after a hard day work.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed in this this hotel as part of a girls getaway in Dublin. Everything about the hotel is wonderful, the staff are extremely helpful and accommodating. The rooms are very well appointed with clean and modern decor and lovely views over the city. The breakfast is absolutely magnificent with a range of buffet and al a carte options. The lobby which leads out to a small street terrace is a relaxing place to meet friends and enjoy a drink. The jewel in the Crown is the roof top bar which has breathtaking views over the Dublin Mountains and onto Dublin Bay and is the perfect place for afternoon drinks. The hotel is only a scenic 15 minute walk along the River Liffey from Connolly Station Luas stop so it makes it a good base to explore the city and of course it is right on the steps of the Grand Canal Theatre which makes it a great place to catch a show. There is a good range of dining options on the concourse as well. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear CKAbbott,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you and the girls had a well deserved and fun night out in Dublin and you chose to spend it in the Marker.

Starting with the great offering for Breakfast, the Marker Team always try the best for our guest to have a memorable and comfortable stay.

What else can I say about the Rooftop Lounge besides that this is the place TO BE especially on a sunny warm summer day drinking a cocktail while admiring the impressive Dublin views.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Aberdeen
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for three nights, lovely and modern with lovely rooms and big bathrooms. Friendly and efficient staff. Only disappointed that the rooftop bar was shut to residents for two out of the three nights we were there due to private functions. Also if you use the car park behind they recommend valet parking as it costs 20 euros instead of 30. But when i checked out they tried to charge me 100 euros for five parking charges despite only staying there three nights. But this was corrected without a fuss.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear DrJulesAberdeen,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and liked the design of the rooms and the friendliness of our Team.

I apologise as there you were incorrectly charged those extra car park fees but let me assure you that this is not a usual occurrence.

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards

Donaghadee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Me and Mrs Burns (or Mrs Purdie as she still refers to herself) visited the Marker for a weekend in Dublin. We have stayed in quite a few 5 star hotels as we consider ourselves better than the commoner people so don't like to mix with them. As they say in Made in Chelsea , "rah rah... blah blah rah" or something like that although I don't actually watch it as it is truely awful but my wife does, which i think is the real reason why i have to keep shelling out for these 5 star sleep overs. I'm sure she thinks that 5 star hotels are all going to be full of young hip and beautiful people just like Made in Chelsea , but they really aren't. They are always full of a lot of old people blowing their children's inheritance before they keel over. At least leave enough to pay for the wooden box i say. My wife was very pleased to see lots of the young and beautiful in the uber trendy Marker. I was also pleased to see the young and beautiful hen party.. If you're reading this Claire none are as beautiful as you of course.. Seriously.. I mean it.. (i hope you believe that or I'm in serious trouble when i get home).

On checking in they have a really lively vibrant open plan lobby. It runs the full front of the hotel and has a restaurant at one side , a cocktail bar at the other and reception in the middle. It's a great spot to sit and people watch and the local girl checking me in on arrival was very friendly. I believe it was also her first day. Well done her.

We had a superior room just in case any 3 star regulars got lost on the internet and mistakenly booked a standard room in here so we had to make sure we as were far away from them as possible. Of course the presidential suite would have been further away , but that wasn't possible on our chosen weekend due to a funding error that my bank account has. The rooms was great with some nice mini bar treats which had clearly been thought about. There is a good sized bath were i retired too with some yummy salted caramel chocolate from that mini bar. I've got a thing for baths and incidentally asked my wife out on our first date from a bath. Don't worry, its fine! It was just a phone call. I wasn't in her bath or anything weird. Ahem...The room appears a little sparse at first , but everything is just well hidden behind lots of drawers and compartments so the room looks super tidy. It's kind of wasted on us as we had it looking like a Mumbai slum in under 30 minutes by the time we had been through every drawer, ironed some outfits, had a few drinks,put on make up (not me obviously), and got melted chocolate caramel down the bath... Thankfully when we went out that night the hotel did a wonderful job of returning the room to its clinical look. I really don't know how they got that caramel off the bath though. It was welded on and looked like poo. I hope they didn't think i did one in the bath. That said there was no charge for the Salted Chocolate caramel so who knows?

Onto the facilities. We went to the roof top bar on the first night. It was raining so they let us stand in the enclosed section which is really nice although it wasn't set up with any tables or chairs which were all outside. I didn't mind standing but when we went back later they had it well stocked with tables chairs etc. Im not sure where they were hiding those tables and chairs at 7pm on a Friday night and still don't know why they were. One tip is to head up early to that bar. It can get full quickly but its really worth it as their cocktails are excellent and i know this because I'm sure we tried them all from what i remember . We must have as we gladly spent a small fortune in the roof top bar and went back for more the next night.
The spa is really nice. I do like a spa , which is not the most manly thing i know , but a nice relax and a read are among my favorite things. The Spa in the Marker was excellent. The pool is really stunning and its quite quiet for such a buzzing hotel. One improvement they could make is to move it all closer to the lift. It has a very long corridor to walk down before you actually reach the the spa which seemed like i was crossing the Sahara after suffering a day shopping with Mrs Burns (Purdie) who went to every shop in Dublin to find a top that some random girl was wearing in the lobby the night before. We walked 6 miles that day..
To the person who gave 1 star to the marker and said the Steam room smelt of Menthol to mask the smell of sweaty feet , have you heard of aromatherapy? Seriously... Some people..

Breakfast was excellent but a little steep asking for €15 for a buffet (€20 if you don't pre-book) and if you do want anything cooked fresh to order which many hotels will do for free there are lots of expensive extra charges...Eg €6 extra for pancakes. So if you wanted pancakes and coffee at breakfast it could cost you €26...Maybe you should have the pancakes in your room, or somewhere else entirely?

Location wise its about a 15 minute walk to O'Connell street along the river. Its a nice walk and the hotel is just close enough to be central. Its built in a newly developed area of Dublin which looks to be very up an coming. We tried the Mourne Seafood bar across from the hotel and it is excellent.

All in all we loved the Marker and cant wait to go back. I give it 5 Stars all the way. I cannot see how anyone from planet earth can give this hotel a 1* rating unless they are doing anything but venting anger about not knowing how to work the air conditioning which Mrs Burns (Purdie) who is a technical moron figured out all by herself. Well done Mrs Burns (Purdie) and well done to the Marker for a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Darren B
Dear Darren B,

Thank you for posting your very colourful and great review of The Marker Hotel.

We are delighted that you and Mrs Burns (Mrs Purdie) enjoyed your stay and got the opportunity to enjoy all the areas of the hotel including the famous Rooftop Lounge and the Spa & Wellness Centre.

On behalf of the entire Team, we thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back very soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Just back from an amazing weekend in Dublin with my boyfriend. This hotel is incredible.. Not stayed in one of this class in a long time. Nothing was too much hassle and the attention to detail is incredible. Worth every penny! We booked to go to Dublin to go see dirty dancing which was playing in bord gais energy theatre, and out of sheer coincedence was next door to the hotel! So all in all was the best weekend break I've had in a long time, and majority of this was due to amazing marker hotel!! Xx

Stayed July 2014
Dear AmberLouise M,

Thank you for reviewing the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are indeed ideally located next door to the Bord Gais Theatre either to stay over or have a drink or dine with us before the show.

I have passed you lovely comments to my Team and they are delighted that they helped to make your stay a memorable one.

Thank you and look forward to welcoming you back.