“China gem”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“China gem”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Made a visit with the family for a early dinner a few weeks ago have been recommended by a friend, great Chinese restaurant , the service is great the food is excellent it's a real gem.
They also do home delivery, I would say, this the best Chinese in South Dublin.

• Visited October 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Having everything on the Lunch Menu!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I am a regular visitor to this Stillorgan restaurant and have finally succeeded in sampling all of the dishes on the lunch table d'hôte menu. There were just two main-course dishes that I would not order again. They were the tofu and the squid dishes. Not that there was anything at all wrong with them: it was just that the consistency of the tofu was not to my taste and the squid was too chewy for my teeth to manage. Outstanding starters are the soups, especially the Hot and Sour soup and the Beef in Tomato Soup. The mains that stay in my mind are the Prawns in Cashew Nuts, the Sweet and Sour Chicken with Fried Rice and the Beef Chow Mein. The rice or noodles are both very good and for €11:50 one can have an excellent Chinese Meal with Jasmine Tea. Prawn Crackers are available on request: no charge. Service too is courteous and friendly. I will be back for more next week. No need to book for lunch as there is always plenty of room here.

• Visited August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food, great value for money and great service, average decor.”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I'm not a big Chinese food fan but when I'm in the mood it's either Gong's in Stillorgan or China Sichuan Restaurant in Sandyford. Gong's is where I go for a casual, good value for money Chinese and China Sichuan is where I go if it's a special occasion or I want to impress someone.

Last night I had a very nice three course dinner menu in Gong's for €21 and it was tip top.

If you're looking for excellent food, good service and good value for money this is a great place to go.

• Visited August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Why are people not queuing up to get in here?”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

It has been quite a while now since I visited the Gong Chinese Restaurant in Stillorgan so I was pleased to be back in Dublin again for a few weeks and have the opportunity of revisiting some of my favourite dining places, once, or perhaps even more times. Gong’s was one such place I wanted to revisit.
I wrote some time ago on Tripadvisor about this Chinese restaurant and since my recent visits have not had any reason to change my mind. Nothing has really changed. It provides food of good quality and remains great value for money at lunchtime. In the last few weeks or so I have had many of the items on the menu and all have been of good quality. For €11.50 for two courses including a pot of China tea, how can you go wrong?
Unfortunately it is still not doing a great trade at lunchtime which seems to me to be rather strange given the proximity of the iconic and busy Stillorgan Shopping Centre nearby. Hopefully they will keep the place going so I can come back soon.

• Visited June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Chinese food at great prices”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I had Sunday lunch in this very reasonably priced Chinese restaurant which is staffed by friendly, helpful and efficient staff who helped us choose from a generous set menu. The two course meal was exceptional value, so much so that we decided to have a drink and a dessert also. This is one of the cheapest restaurants in Dublin and the food was well presented and was good Chinese cooking. While the stairs to the first floor will represent a problem for the disabled, and which accounts for only 4 stars out of 5, the restaurant is well decorated and diners are made feel very welcome. I only gave it 4 out of 5 stars for atmosphere as we were the only ones there, perhaps because so few know about the great value meal. Situated opposite Stillorgan shopping centre in Dublin's south suburbs Gong Chinese restaurant is well worth a trip for lunch or dinner.

• Visited June 2013