“Terrible.”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Terrible.”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I was given a voucher for the restaurant on a whim, so I had no expectations. I like Abbey St generally, and initially thought it might be nice although empty - only 6 people in a place that would sit 20 (?), the barman was friendly and sat us down. We were then...accosted by I don't even know who - a waitress? Manager? Whoever she was is one of the reasons the place is using grab one vouchers to pull in business. She gave out to my boyfriend for not booking a reservation, blaming us for taking up seats, leaving 2 people supposedly waiting to be seated without a place to sit. Nobody was waiting. I asked her to repeat herself. Which she did. As impolite as the previous time, storming off without telling us the specials. After calling her back to tell us - we chose the soup and mushrooms. Whilst she was away, two girls came in and sat at one of the many empty tables beside us. They had ordered drinks and she fauned over them. Although they had no reservation ? This was because they had no voucher. The starters were terrible, no flavour but bland and salty. I remarked that the mushrooms were like somethjng from a frozen packet - and then kitchen staff left with a lidl bag. We both ordered beef bourguignon - chewy and stodgy. During our main, the other empty table became occupied by two ladies who both had vouchers but did not know what 'alcopops' were as included in the voucher. The waitress/manager did not know what they were either. Normally I root for the underdog and try to believe people like this woman were just having a bad day, and that well the food wasnt -that- bad. But the truth is that I was happy to leave and was regretful I had ingested anything I ate and didn't go to Burdocks instead.

3 Thank James M

London, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Shaky table ,steak not cooked medium as requested and was greasy .home fries were frozen supermarket ones.salad wilted and turning bad.Cracked plate , on to the ambiance ,music: your choice of loud trad music or the overflow of a very loud disco just try to focus on one ! Special offer on deal rush 2 for one ,not worth the money spent .
Avoid if you enjoy dining out ...

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Bruno V
Dublin, Ireland
“Horrible !!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Dodgy looking place ! Horrible clueless staff. Got a wine glass with a lipstick print on it ! Dirty salad bowl. Food not good .
Went there only because bought a cheap dinner deal , got what we paid for :/

2 Thank Ellelilly
Dublin
“Good Value for Money”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We bought the Groupon deal fof 4 people and got exactly what we paid for. 4 steaks cooked to our specifications, drinks and sides as ordered. The staff was nice and the service was very quick in fact. I cannot fault them in anyway, we even stayed for more drinks afterwards without being rushed out the door.
Definitely going back to Bar52.

• Visited May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Don't be fooled by deals... Terrible!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Bought a deal online for a meal for two starters and two mains.... Took the waitress 5 minutes to even bring us a menu and food was just terrible... Got 3 pieces of chicken wings which were not spicy and the garlic mushrooms were soggy and the salad was brown and gone off. Garlic mayo splattered all over the plate... A nice presentation will only take 2 seconds extra?! Don't even go there about the mains.. Just terrible food, service and the place is a dump. AVOID

• Visited May 2014