“Lovely!”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My fiancée and I visited this Bar/Restaurant whilst enjoying a few days in Dublin. We had a 'Groupon' voucher which of course was an extra bonus. But now we know, due to the excellent service, smile, waitress attention and food, to return! It was a little difficult to find as the entrance was a bit small but that was very deceiving as inside was a lot bigger! Loved the 'secret door' to the disabled toilets...a false bookcase!
All in all....a great place to eat!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had a voucher for spicy chicken wings starter and stake for two for the second time in two years.
The waitress was pleasant and quickly showed us to a table.
Bar 52 was not busy at all, just another three tables in use.
Our starters were brilliant, nice and spicy but not too hot so as to spoil your main!
Both our stakes were ordered to be medium to well done, and both arrived as requested and were simply wonderful.
No need for steak knives unlike some other places!
Our purchased soft drinks were a bit expensive, but normal for Dublin.
Would go there again.
Some reviewers were complaining about the decor! For goodness sake, the tables and toilets were clean, and maybe the decor is a bit dark, but you are there to eat great food not a design critic!!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Service pathetic and food you wouldnt give to your dog.Got a deal on dealrush 14e. That was a waste of money for 2starters and mains 3e extra for steaks as NOT advertised! What a dive! Keep away and spend your money in Supermacs!

1  Thank Paudiejohn
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I had a voucher for wings and a burger for 2, went on a Saturday afternoon, there was one other table with two pple, the waitress sat us down but didn't ask us if we wanted drinks or give us menus we finally asked her for drinks and ordered our food she didn't even give us an option of burgers, I gt a beer and my gf got a coke but it came with no ice and was warm, the atmosphere is terrible, they should play some music, for wat we got for the voucher the food was fine, we both enjoyed it.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I was given a voucher for the restaurant on a whim, so I had no expectations. I like Abbey St generally, and initially thought it might be nice although empty - only 6 people in a place that would sit 20 (?), the barman was friendly and sat us down. We were then...accosted by I don't even know who - a waitress? Manager? Whoever she was is one of the reasons the place is using grab one vouchers to pull in business. She gave out to my boyfriend for not booking a reservation, blaming us for taking up seats, leaving 2 people supposedly waiting to be seated without a place to sit. Nobody was waiting. I asked her to repeat herself. Which she did. As impolite as the previous time, storming off without telling us the specials. After calling her back to tell us - we chose the soup and mushrooms. Whilst she was away, two girls came in and sat at one of the many empty tables beside us. They had ordered drinks and she fauned over them. Although they had no reservation ? This was because they had no voucher. The starters were terrible, no flavour but bland and salty. I remarked that the mushrooms were like somethjng from a frozen packet - and then kitchen staff left with a lidl bag. We both ordered beef bourguignon - chewy and stodgy. During our main, the other empty table became occupied by two ladies who both had vouchers but did not know what 'alcopops' were as included in the voucher. The waitress/manager did not know what they were either. Normally I root for the underdog and try to believe people like this woman were just having a bad day, and that well the food wasnt -that- bad. But the truth is that I was happy to leave and was regretful I had ingested anything I ate and didn't go to Burdocks instead.

3  Thank James M