“Breakfast to die for”

Dining Room at the Ariel House
Ranked #190 of 2,757 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$14 - US$31
Description: Ariel House is a Victorian Townhouse with a small intimate Dining Room. We serve breakfast daily and Afternoon tea every Saturday. We bake our cakes and bread in-house and our breakfast are cooked to order. In the Ariel House kitchen, we pride ourselves in using only the freshest local produce. Our kitchen team relish sourcing truly wonderful ingredients and turning them into award winning breakfasts. We guarantee you'll taste the difference.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Everything!!!!! Good choice of both traditional Irish fare and continental. Service was courteous, friendly and everyone had a smile.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed here Dec. 19 and the reason was we read about it on Trip Advisor and wanted to try the breakfast and other goodies during our stay. This is a true gem in Dublin. As good as any emerald. We all had different things, traditional Irish breakfast, pancakes and fruit, scrabbled eggs and streaky bacon. Hot tea and orange juice. No extra charge but all part of your room fees. Great food, impeccable service. Also during the day they have these great tiny desserts set out in the drawing room beautifully decorated for Christmas. A 5 star gem.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I will be very old before I forget the glory of breakfasting here. Thank you! I am particularly fond of their salmon as well as their faultless pancakes, with berries and cream.

2  Thank LAMarrero
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Afternoon Tea is always something of a treat and one I've experienced in many hotels around the world but hand on heart this was not only the best I've every had, the service was fantastic and cannot be beaten for value.

We all have good friends, but sometimes life gets in the way and our paths don't cross for a number of years. Out of the blue one of these very good friends got in contact with me on Wednesday and we arranged to meet up. Having heard only fantastic things about Afternoon Tea at Ariel House Hotel I was only waiting for an excuse to visit to I immediately suggested this. I knew it was advisable to book and Deirdre asked was it for a special occasion, did we have any dietary needs and suggested putting bubbles on ice should we decide to celebrate.

Yes we did celebrate, we celebrated having muggled through the act of parenting and successfully managed to get our children to well rounded adults. And then we talked, and talked, and talked. We were never rushed, were told we could stay as long as we liked and we did!

Then the tea arrived, first homemade lemonade to cleanse our palates, our bubbles, for all you tea lovers, a huge variety of tea and freshly brewed coffee for me, strong and just how I like it. Dainty plates of sandwiches and cake stands, yes plural, of dainty cakes, plate of scones, plate of other delicious treats, jar of cookies and finally a freshly made pavalova was produced. I am not going to spoil the menu for you, suffice to say you just must go and try it for yourselves.

We both agreed it was like an afternoons trip to a Wellness Spa with all the luxury and relaxation you would expect but instead of getting massages etc we were treated to a wealth of freshly homemade treats.

This is just one wonderful, very special experience.

Ariel House Hotel also do breakfasts for non residents and we were so impressed that we have decided to return one winters morning with our men for a very late breakfast and spend the day relaxing and catching up in the wonderful drawing room beside an open fire.

Ariel House Hotel is a must visit!

I'm having problems with the costing of this because it is a very special occasion but is not expensive, more incredible value

2  Thank carnsoreboxer
Reviewed 22 July 2013

great variety of baked and cooked to order items everyday for breakfast. Coffee/tea and baked treats available in the afternoon as well.