“An absolutely incredible visit and phenomenal,friendly,helpful,thoughtful staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bram Stoker Hotel

and 1 more site!
Bram Stoker Hotel
Ranked #113 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

I've been here for two days and things have been a little crazy with traveling but the staff at the Bram stoker have made my stay fantastic.I was running out to meet a few friends so I asked if they could call a cab in which they did right away.I had run so quickly that I had left my phone in the cab.When I had returned I came to find out that the cab service had dropped the phone off but the staff here was so thoughtful enough to hold my phone for about 6 hours.A gentleman named Daniel had saw me come back and instantly came running to explain and return my property in perfect condition.He had been so helpful that I offered to purchase him a pint of beer when he was off.He said thank you but did not want me to purchase him anything.Just the thought of him being so happy to help me made my stay so much more enjoyable and worry free.I would strongly suggest visiting this hotel and the restaurant down in the lobby.Again thank you Daniel for the excellent service and your kind words of wisdom.Ill definitely be back again.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank nmancuso89
David D, Owner at Bram Stoker Hotel, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Hi,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and I will personally ensure to pass your thanks on to Daniel.

Hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hebrew first
Pinner, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is just a 2 star rated hotel but they give a 5 star service! The staff here are just naturally friendly, helpful and extremely accommodating - so typical of the Irish! You are immediatley put at ease, ensured that you're aware that "you've only to ask"! Staying in affordable accommodation is what we usually do and our tips reflect that, but this is the first place I've tipped so heavily in my life! I hope the staff get their just rewards when their pay is reviewed! ;-) Particularly worthy of a mention were Leanne, Barry, Lisa and Tom though others were nice too. We spent 3 nights there as a couple and went touring Ireland with my brother. We returned there before heading for the arirport. We could smell smoke from one of the guest rooms (illegal in Ireland) and we reported it to reception, who soon sorted it out! The cooked "Full Irish" breakfast was brilliant and when I asked for hot milk for my coffee I was given it no problem. Reviewers should remember this is a 2 star hotel, so you don't expect a swimming pool, sauna and full restaurant etc.! But if you want to feel special and well looked after, this is the place. Our rooms were always cleaned well, plenty of pillows - without have to ask - and comfortable matresses. I'd certainly return here and would also recommend to friends! The location is great, on the seafront, with a lovely walk via footbridge to Bull Island.

Room Tip: Free wifi, though only in the lobby/bar. A few rooms have a sea view!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GinatheGael
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Went for a short stay to Dublin and had lunch at the Bram Stoker on the last day. The food was really great and tasty, definitely worth the trip. The staff was quite friendly and efficient.

Although the place is located a bit outside of the city center it is quite easy to get there, either using the bus or a cab. You can also easily take a walk alongside the sea after lunch which is quite lovely (even if the weather is a bit cloudy).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Sarah_F12014
weiz
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our bathroom was dirty with hairs on the floor..at least we immediately got a new room, seems one of the cleaning ladies partied too hard the other day...the next day it smelled like someone smoked in the room...whatever..should not happen. The breakfast price was high, no fruits or vegetable. but - nice and friendly staff!

• Stayed August 2014
5 Thank susannegi
Armagh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

A small team of staff, running what was more like a B&B! Clean but mattresses would need renewed as they were sunk in the middle! Very friendly staff, restaurant was closed for renovation so had a bar snack ,which really wasn't
worth the money! Breakfast was EXTREMELY limited, very disappointed!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Andrea J
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed for 5 nights in July, 14. Room was ok, typical, nothing fancy, but adequate. Clean. Weather was hot for Dublin, over 80F. So room rather warm at night, very small window. Food in Pub was very good, bit more expensive than most other restaurants, but they've got good chef. The main restaurant upstairs is closed. The main issue is that they advertised wifi, and none to be had except for in the pub. Step out side of it and no service. Even the buses have service. If you stay in this area, make sure you go about 3 more miles east to the other side of the bay to get to some really nice seafood restaurnats.

Room Tip: all quiet rooms. across the road from the bay. nice view. a bit distant for going to the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jliferjr
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Fantastic two night stay, staff very friendly and helpful staff, excellent location for seafront and Dublin city centre which is only a short bus ride away. Rooms very spacious and very comfortable, We had a nice view of the seafront from our bedroom window. Nice shops and restaurants within walking distance (Clobtarf Village). Would recommend the walk along the promanade to the Bull Island, great long sandy beaches. My niece has booked up for the beginning of August, following our recommendation, we will definatelty be back.

Room Tip: Front of hotel for great views of seafront
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family