“Lovely spot”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Great spot for a few drinks, have been here a few times and would recommend to others. Haven't eaten here yet but have heard good reports from fellow customers. The staff make it, professional yet friendly. Well done guys!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

From the moment you walk into the copper bar I had a smile on my face. My partner and I were greeted with an extremely friendly member of staff who took the time to ask us what kind of experience as newcomers we would like to experience ! We told her a meek and some nice wine would be great.
While we waited on our meek we were brought the wine menu on which she helped us by bringing 4 samples of Spanish wine because we told her we liked Spanish wine.
At this point we are drinking our delicious wine and taking in the decor which is amazing and has to be seen to appreciated.
Our starter, main and desert was unbelievably tasty and so well presented.
After this the waitress told us of a band playing downstairs (swing cats) best band I've seen in a very long time. Uplifting !
We stayed for cocktails and overall the best experience we have both had in a very long time. Decor food drink cleanliness atmosphere entertainment with an unrivalled costumer service I had to write this review

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Working in the locality I have lunched in The Copper Bar on several occasions, the food is excellent, staff very friendly, on occasions the food takes a little longer to serve but as the food is cooked fresh it's always worth waiting for. I would definitely recommend a visit.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Recently visited this bar on the recommendation of a local hotel we were staying in. What started out to be a great night turned into a complete nightmare. I was there as part of a group of couples. When didn't have anything to eat but some drinks. The cocktails were lovely and everyone was having a lovely time. A great live band were playing and the atmosphere was fun. That is until one of the floor staff decided to turn nasty. He was walking round with a face on him all night and lifted our glasses on a number of occasions before the drinks were finished. On the third occasion he was rude to one of the members of our group and took it upon himself to go and tell the 'scary' doorman to come and stand watching us, which he did. The 'bearded waiter' disappeared. Scary doorman got bored watching us after 15 minutes due to the fact that nothing was happening and sloped off back outside. We finished out drinks and left for a much more welcoming bar back at the hotel. It's a real shame the staff aren't as good as the bar or the entertainment. Won't be back

4  Thank Catcorrigan
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Just here with my friends very disappointed to say the least service was very pleasant but the food left a lot to be desired ! And outrageously priced for steaks!
It was very obvious that the chef on the night didn't know what the difference between med - med/
Well & well done is I rest my case if ur only there for the Beer that's ok .

1  Thank Eithne D