“Helpful owner”

Ranked #9 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Mount Holly, New Jersey
“Helpful owner”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed for one night and a hearty breakfast before going on our way. Julie went out of her way to help us. She helped us to get a rental car, get a reservation for a night at another B&B in Avoca, and allowed us to leave our baggage in her home while we toured Dublin for the day. Thanks Julie.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Finnish first
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I just spent two nights at this bed and breakfast and found it to be one of the friendliest and best run places we've ever stayed in. Julie and Brian couldn't do enough for us and were really helpful. This was our first time in Dublin and we didn't know where to go or what to do however Brian gave us lots of good advice and we ended up having a great time.
The B&B itself was very good ,clean, comfortable and a great breakfast in the morning, nothing was too much trouble for Julie. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stuart A
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2014

On December 16, 2013 I reserved 3 rooms for 3 couples and was given a confirmation for 1 double 1 twin and 1 triple room, 3 rooms in total. When we arrived on June 21, 2014 the Owner Julie set my friends up in the twin and double room and advised me that my room was a quad (I did not reserve a quad). She said that was the only room she had left. The room was in the attic and had four twin beds. The middle of the room is tall enough to stand, but the rest of the room requires you to constantly hit your head, as my wife and I did numerous times. You also have to bend over walking up and down the stairs to get to the room. The shower in the room constantly shut off while showering and you had to wait 3-5 minutes for it to start again only to have it shut off again. I advised Julie in the morning and she said there is low water pressure in the room and you have to leave the shower head on the floor when not using it on yourself. Well the shower still kept shutting off. The next day while we were out she said the plumber came, checked the shower and found it to be just fine. That night not only did the shower keep shutting off, but there was NO HOT WATER. My wife and I had to shower in our friend's room. To compensate me for my problems Julie said she would not charge me for the higher rate that room gets, but what she did not get was that I never agreed to paying more for a room that I did not request.

On our first morning Julie provided us with the traditional Irish Breakfast. On morning 2, I was given the same exact breakfast and if I wanted something else I could request it (Most B&B's I have been in do not give you the same food two days in a row). She did put out some fish they had left over from a party at their home the day before which all loved, but I don't eat fish). I advised her we would be leaving before the 8:00 am breakfast time and she said she would leave us some fresh baked items out for us. In the morning when we went to the dining area, we found NOTHING. We all left wanting for coffee and food and had to stop on the road to find it.

After we left I received the following e-mail from Julie:

Hope your all having a great time, just a qick note to tell you, we still had the problem with the shower, so I called another plumber, he fixed the problem easily with a NEW SHOWER it turns out my plumber was going on holiday and just could,nt be bothered, needless to say he is no longer my plumber..... again I am very sorry for your inconvenience and you were right all along..

Kind regards to you all.

I recommend you stay away from that room and/or this B&B while in Dublin.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jagwater1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Myself, my sister and my grandmother made the trip to Dublin to visit where my grandmother grew up. I chose and booked the B&B because of the great reviews and great value for money and it did not disappoint!
It was only a 10 minute drive from the airport and we parked easily on the drive.
We arrived about 3 hours before check in as we had an early flight. We were greeted by Julie who allowed us to check in early which we were really pleased about. She was so friendly and was great at recommending places to eat around the area.
My grandmother has a heart problem and finds it difficult to walk, so Julie offered to drop us off at a local cafe and then to pick us up. I've never experienced such hospitality before and it was really very appreciated.
We met Brian later on that evening who was also really friendly and chatty.
Breakfast the next morning was lovely, my sister and I had some of Julie's home-made pancakes with fresh fruit which were a wonderful change from the normal breakfasts you get.
The room was a pretty room with a really lovely view as we were at the top of the house and the beds were really comfortable. It had a modern, clean bathroom. The pressure of the shower wasn't great but I think that's because we were at the top of the house.
All in all we had a really great stay and I can't fault Julie and Brian as they were great hosts. I would definitely go back there in the future and would definitely recommend it to anyone else. In fact my mum is planning to go there in the near future.
The location is great as it's only a 10 minute drive from the airport and 10 minutes from the city centre. Its close enough so that you can go into the centre easily but its nice to be away from it and have a nice, more suburban feel. I would recommend hiring a car if you are planning to stay here as it makes getting around a lot easier.
The only small negative thing I could say was that our room was right at the top (2 and a half flights of stairs) and when I booked I had requested a room easily accessible as my grandmother can't walk very far.
I came to understand that this was their biggest family room which is why we had it, but it would have been nice to have been pre-warned about it.
As it was, my grandmother was ok getting up and down there (with rests halfway up the stairs).
Other than that, this is one of the best establishments I've ever stayed in, and my sister and grandmother completely agree!
Thank you so much Julie and Brian, hopefully we'll see you again :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Excellent location, fabulous host, great setting, easy access to Dublin, bus just a block away and everything was comfortable, clean and best of all, zero bad surprises. We just loved the place and we'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Camparada, Italy
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We spent 2 nights in this beautiful B&B and we enjoyed a lot!
The room was very clean and comfortable and it had everything that you could need ( the hairdryer or the power adaptor !!!)!
The owners are very kind, friendly and polite!
They gave us a lot of suggestions for our trip and helped us with maps or everything that we needed!
For breakfast you can choose or the typical Irish breakfast ( very tasty but too large!! ) or a continental one ( and they prepare you what you want! I had delicious pancakes with fruit on top!)!
There is a bus stop not too far from the B&B so that you can easily take a bus to go to Dublin or to the airport!
We felt like being at home, in a big family !!!
Our opinion is excellent!
Hope to go back soon!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Everything was perfect. The family was so kind and gentle. The rooms were cosy and lovely. I can really recommend that B&B. Especially the breakfast was ausumn. Orange juice, fresh coffe, tasty irish breakfast and special tips for sightseeing. Just 15 min by walk and bus to the city center. I would like to come to Judie and Brian all the time again when i will visit Irland and Dublin. Thanks for all!!!

Yours Fabi from Munich