“Great hotel”

Ranked #88 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

This hotel is like my second home., through my work I stay at it a lot throughout the year.
The rooms are basic but very comfortable with everything you need. The bar food is very good and reasonably priced. The restaurant is excellent as well. But the best thing about the hotel is the staff, who are friendly and look after after you very well!

• Stayed October 2013
112GaryS, Manager at West County Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear DJI152,

Thank you for taking the time to review The West County Hotel. We are a small family run hotel and we rely heavily on previous guests' feedback in an effort to attract new custom.

We are delighted you enjoy your stays at our hotel. Thank you for your kind words on our food, staff and comfort.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ulick Colgan
Marketing Manager,
West County Hotel Dublin.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
Seacombe, wirral, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

just got back from four wonderful days the hotel was clean and tidy and the staff were wonderful, everything I needed or asked for was always available. they always seem to be busy making sure guests are happy. yes the rooms are basic but I couldn't have been happier it is a great hotel and I can not wait to book in again after xmas.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Will S
112GaryS, Manager at West County Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Will S,

Thank you for you review of The West County Hotel. We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our cleanliness and friendly staff in particular.

I hope you had a safe journey home and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel after the Christmas period.

General Manager,
Higher Bebington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Having lived opposite the West County for 26 years before leaving to live in England,I returned there to stay with my family for a short break. The praise I have for one particular member of staff needs to be mentioned. That member of staff is Laura. She is wonderful. Our stay was great ,even though the West is 50 this November and is not up there with the Dorchester in terms of decor and all modcons it is just as good in other aspects. Everyone is so kind on the staff. We had a blip with the plumbing and no sooner mentioned then we were moved to another room.Get a hop on hop off bus ticket (on line)before you go. It costs18 euro it lasts for 2 days and is a great way to see Dublin. The Villager in Chapelizod village does great pints of Guinness. The village has a lot of history and James Joyce wrote some of his works there. There are lots of buses going to town outside the West. Make sure you have the correrct change!!!!!!!! All in all it was great to stay at the West and show my family where I grew up.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann H
Dear Ann H,

Thank you for taking the time to review The West County Hotel on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your trip back home with the family and I am glad to read we facilitated in that enjoyment. I will pass on your kind words to our team here.

I hope you had a safe journey home, and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Ulick Colgan,
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I was very satisfied with my stay. They were very hospitable and accommodating. Very clean and good price. Not too far from city center, it was worth the bus ride into town. Breakfast was good and so was every other meal I had there. I would stay there again if I went back to Dublin.

Room Tip: Get the Dublin freedom pass it gets you on all the buses and Hop on Hop off buses also ride to the a...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear FrankoDominican,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor. Your review is very important to us.

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We take great pride in our friendly staff, great food and clean bedrooms. I am delighted to read you enjoyed all three components mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Staff very friendly, even the housekeeping staff were helpful as they directed me to my room. The rooms are clean, very dated but more than adequate. My bed was comfortable, with good pillows. Free wifi in the rooms. The food here is very good, home cooked hearty meals. Not far from Dublin centre either and both Liffey valley and Blanchardstown shopping centres are close by.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Steve K,

Thank you for your review of The West County Hotel. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind words on our friendly staff, comfortable beds and quality of food.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Ulick Colgan,
West Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

If you could bottle the hospitality and friendliness of Ireland, and specifically this cute hotel, you'd make a million. The staff was accommodating from the get-go with easy, yet personal, online registration. Upon arriving from a previous week of traveling with a suitcase full of dirty clothes, the front desk helped arrange a taxi, a nearby laundry service for me, and advise where to buy a converter for my phone charger.

The Irish full breakfast was included every morning: egg, sausages, rasher (like Canadian bacon), baked beans, mushrooms, stewed tomato, and white and black pudding (not what you think but tasty). Oh yea, plus juice, coffee or tea and a selection of cereals. I ate most of it, but realized if I kept it up I wouldn't be able to fit back in the plane. LOVED the ladies in the restaurant. I really didn't eat any other meal there except breakfast - had a Coke in the bar once $3.50 US - ouch! - but the Smithwicks and Guinness were good. The Guinness is way creamier in Ireland. They even "stamped" a shamrock on top of my pint.

The hotel is reasonably priced - which was important as I wanted to spend my euros on shopping. No air-conditioning, but no worries because it was on the cool side, even in August. Transportation: quick (and inexpensive) bus takes you to downtown Dublin; taxi to airport ran about 30 euros. Good choice for trio of father, daughter, and grandson traveling to Ireland to find their roots.

Room Tip: We had a triple room, which included a double bed and two twin beds. Good value for families if you...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear 77JanieMac,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor. Reviews are very important to the hotel and allow us to receive feedback from our customers to improve the experience for future guests.

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Thank you for your kind words on our friendly staff, quality breakfasts and comfortable rooms.

I hope you and your family had a safe return trip home and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

great place nice room friendly staff nothing was to much for them, bus sevice to dublin outside the hotel, dont get a taxi they will overcharge you, had a great time thanks west county for the birthday party, arranged a very short notice we will be back

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank john c
Dear John C,

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We take great pride in our friendly staff, great food and clean bedrooms. I am glad to read you enjoyed the birthday celebrations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. If you need to contact me to discuss your stay in greater detail, please do not hesitate to contact me.