“Winesplus --Dublin French Foodie/Wine Tour”

French Foodie in Dublin
Ranked #18 of 36 Food & Drink in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The French food tours are now discontinued
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 7 October 2013

As a confirmed Francophile I booked this foodi/wine tour for my Belfast Wine Appreciation class (20 persons) after reading a small article about Ketty in the Irish Times. We travelled down by rail and met up with Ketty at 1.15 on a Saturday. Ketty was waiting for us at the corner of Stephens Green waving her trademark baguette. Because our group was bigger than her normal 10 she had changed the itinerary slightly to accomodate us. We started off along Baggot St with a first stop at a little known French Cemetery which dates back to Hugenot times.This was interesting as I personally had walked past these iron railings at least 20 times and never noticed it was anything other than an old Irish graveyard. Then it was on Ches Max for a hearty Beef Bourgignon and french bread and choice of red or white wine -a great start.Now we reversed our walk to Sheridans cheese shop (in South Anne St) for more samples and an explanation of the various cheeses by a cheery young German woman. The cheese was Irish & French but my lot didnt mind -maybe a little wine would have helped to wash it down. Now it was on to Fallon & Byrne in Exchequer St for a proper wine tasting 3 wines presented by a very knowledgeable young woman who was half way through her WSET wine exams. The F& B basement wine bar was very busy and noisey so we had a bit of difficulty hearing her descriptions but the wine was fine so we made our own decisions as to which wine appealed most . They were all good quality. but high in price compared to Belfast.Our last stop was just round the corner at a choclatier shop for a macaroon tasting -delicious. A very busy three hours packed with knowledge and new experiences. Ketty was a great guide and even brought along her Irish boyfriend to help keep us in line. My group were all delighted with the tour and they are a well traveled group and appreciate when something is done well.Frank WINESPLUS Belfast Wine Appreciation Class.

There are newer reviews for French Foodie in Dublin

Reviewed 6 October 2013

What an amazing experience! As French expatriates in Dublin, we didn't really know what to expect and it was really lovely. We discovered several typical French cuisine places where to go if we get homesick.
Plus, the "tour guide" Kitty was really nice and gave us a lot of information about the history of each place.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my french foodie tour. It was a really lovely chance to see my city from a new vantage, one full of frenchness, chocolate, good humour, cheese and wine. The group was lovely and it seemed we had known each for far than longer than we had. Ketty gave the whole event a relaxed feel and her informed talks were interesting and really well pitched. It is the prefect way to hang out with old friends or family and get to know some new people. Mmmm I feel like a baguette.....