“A must do !!”

Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The French food tours are now discontinued
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This is a really fun experience. The tour start with lunch and a glass of wine at a french restaurant. Great options and delicious food. A fun group as well. Ketty gave us recommendation as we wandered around - I know where I can get the best bacon sambo and hot choc in Dublin !.
This would make a great pressie for a foodie or even a work do. I never ate so much chocolate in my life...

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I had been following Ketty's blog for some time when we attended the French Food and Wine tour of Dublin, so my expectations were high for the day - and the tour definitely lived up to them. As a big fan of French food and culture, this tour was really fantastic as I had never realised how much of that there was to be had right here in Dublin. Ketty met us at Powerscourt with her baguette and led us to the Maison restaurant for a delicious lunch of wine, bread and appetisers, followed by Coq au Vin. We lingered a lot over lunch, getting to know each other and chatting about why we decided to do the tour, and by the time we reached our next destination - Sheridan's Cheesmongers - we were really relaxed. After some delicious cheese and a chat in Sheridan's, we made our way to Fallon and Byrne, where we lingered even longer over our wine tasting. Our tour was one of the smaller groups Ketty has had, she said, but that just meant we got to know one another even better. After a great hour or two spent enjoying our wine, we headed to our final stop - nearby Cocoa Atelier. Here we tasted macarons, which were delicious, and took advantage of the 50% off the pastries as it was the end of the day.

This really was a fun, informative and different way to spend the afternoon and for anyone thinking of doing the tour I would say don't hesitate to book it. I booked this as an anniversary present to my boyfriend and he had a fantastic time as well. Ketty was so friendly and had loads of good tips and advice for us on finding French food in Dublin. She even gave us a parting gift - a "gouter" - meaning "taste" in French - a little Madeleine. It was just as yummy as the rest of the food we had that day. It's little touches like this that make this tour unique.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had a fantastic time on our food tour of Dublin with Ketty. She was the perfect guide, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. It was a bit like having a friend take you to their favourite places in the city rather than being on a tour.

We met at Powerscourt Townhouse and made our way around some of the best French businesses in Dublin. The tour started with a fabulous lunch of coq au vin before sampling some delicious French cheeses, meats, wine and chocolate.

I thought it was a lovely touch to give us a little gift at the end, I was delighted with it! I can't recommend this tour enough.

3  Thank Lollymcd
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We did this tour recently and just loved it. As a family of dedicated francophiles we were all keen and eager to find out what French delights Dublin has to offer. Our guide, Ketty, was so lovely, an absolute pleasure, and knows more about eating well in Dublin than most Dubs themselves. All of the food and wine was delicious and very generous for the price you pay, the only thing is we would have loved was a bit more choice/variety at the cheese-tasting but what we did get was super. We came away from the day happy, stuffed and had learned a lot! I have been gushing to friends about it ever since and could not recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had a friend join us from France with no English and on her first visit to Dublin. We asked Ketty to do a tour in French and give us her thoughts and experiences of Dublin in French. Slightly different to her "normal" tours telling Irish people of French delights in Dublin! We had a wonderful afternoon, starting in La Maison at Castle Market with a delightful Coq au Vin, Sheridan's Cheese's where John introduced us to a delightful new Irish cheese, Sheperds Door; Fallon & Byrne basement wine emporium to taste some delightful wines and, finally, the super little chocolate & macaroon shop, Cocoa Atelier in Drury Street. Well done Ketty and thank you for the wonderful experience which was most enjoyable. Our friend has returned to France and is still talking of the delights of Dublin. My wife and I were very proud of our Dublin that day! Joe