“Fantastic tour in Dublin”

French Foodie in Dublin
Ranked #18 of 36 Food & Drink in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The French food tours are now discontinued
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My parents, boyfriend and I took the FFID tour on Saturday last and really enjoyed it. The French lunch with surprise starter was the perfect way to commence the tour. We also loved the wine tasting. Ketty is a really great guide and I got to see lots of hidden gems in Dublin. Both Ketty and the people we met on the tour were so enthusiastic about the great Irish produce and French influences in Dublin. I look forward to doing the trip again in the future!

1  Thank Caoimhe-2375

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Ketty is an excellent hostess and tour guide! She gives great background on each of the four spots on the tour and how they relate to French Food. You are never far from a tasty treat and great knowledge. You start out with a hearty lunch at one of the top French restaurants in Dublin and continue on to a cheese monger specializing in French cheese. Next is a great wine tasting tailored to the Loire valley where Ketty is from, and finishes out at a famed chocolatier for French macarons. I absolutely recommend the French Foodie in Dublin tour: it's a fantastic way to spend three hours on a tour, eat delicious food and see Dublin.

1  Thank Dublingirl0413
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Very knowledgeable guide who managed to share her passion for French culinary tradition. The tour was enjoyed by everybody in our group.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We really enjoyed everything about this tour. Ketty's choices on pastry, cheese, wine, and chocolate are impeccable, and we learned some interesting historical tidbits about French food and French influence on Ireland. I'd recommend this tour to anyone, we had been to several of the places on the tour on our own, but getting the "behind the scenes" look was a whole new perspective!

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I received tickets for this tour as a Christmas present. There was us, another Irish couple who we knew purely by chance, a young American couple and a young Irish man. Ketty met us at the Spire and then we walked to the Paris Bakery on Moore St which I had never heard of before but was very nice. We has croissants (unfortunately not straight from the oven - cold but fresh), pain au chocolat and bread with a choice of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and juice - Ketty arranged introductions and then we all happily chatted away for maybe 45 min before getting a brief tour of the on-site bakery. Next up was a cheesemongers where we sampled three or four French cheeses on bread with a talk by the French manager. After that it was our highlight, tasting wines in the lovely basement of Fallon & Byrnes! We finished up with a chocolate macaroon in a ridiculously expensive French chocolate sweep shop. All in all a nice way to spend a morning. My only advice to the lovely Ketty is to (i) put away her mobile as it was a little annoying watching someone texting solidly while trying instead to enjoy a 10 min talk about cheese; and (ii) provide paper bags so that guests can take surplus baked goods with them from breakfast as there was a huge amount of left overs which went to waste and which would have been gratefully consumer for lunch!

1  Thank eiresteve
rtwfeb2010, Owner at French Foodie in Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thanks for your comment and feedback. There were two people who didn't show up on the morning, so more food left over than usual. I don't usually text during the tours but we were running a few minutes late so I sent messages to the next two stops, saying we were on our way. I'm glad to hear that overall you enjoyed the tour though, and your feedback is much appreciated.