“Croke Park Stadium & Museum Tour”

Croke Park Stadium Tour & GAA Museum
Book In Advance
More Info
US$17.52*
and up
Croke Park Tour and GAA Museum Visit
Ranked #6 of 558 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Croke Park has been at the heart of Irish sporting life for over 100 years. With a capacity of 82,300, this magnificent stadium is actually the third largest in Europe. Its size is only part of its greatness, however, as you’ll discover on this eye-opening, access-all-areas tour. From quirky insights into why Croke Park’s grass is always greener to learning about defining moments in Irish history, the passionate Tour Guides will take you on an inspiring journey around our national stadium. Some of the highlights include taking a seat in the VIP area, getting a birds-eye view from the media centre, sneaking a peek inside the dressing rooms, and of course, walking in the footsteps of legends as you go pitchside through the players’ tunnel! For more information, including tour times, prices and directions to the GAA Museum, see https://crokepark.ie/gaa-museum-tours/stadium-tours
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Me and my friends had a great day visiting the stadium. Our guide Annette was so friendly and informative and is a great asset to the stadium. I have been to Croke Park many times to watch games but it was great to see the video at the start and see all the background work that goes into the big final days! Very enjoyable whether you are an avid gaa fan or not. The museum was brilliant too. It made me very proud of our games! Well worth a visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,336)
All reviews
in 29 reviews
"trophies"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I arrived late for the start of the last stadium tour of the day. I'd spent sometime taking photos outside the entrance to the GAA Museum including time finding the club crest of my local GAA team in Huddersfield, Brothers Pearce, (bottom row, just to the left of the entrance). I was prepared just to do visit the Musuem. The staff asked if I was interested in joining the Stadium Tour. As I was taken to join the tour, it was explained I'd missed the introductory film and if I wanted, they would rerun the film for me after the tour.
Annette, the tour guide, show us around Croke Park, taking in the players lounge, the dressing rooms, the players tunnel, VIP seats, press area, and one of the executive boxes. I was impressed by our guides knowledge of individual finals that some of the group had attended. Her knowledge and passion for GAA and history of Croke Park made the tour feel as though it was individually tailored for the group. No question was too trivial and answered with warmth and charm.
At the end of the tour I asked to see the film and was pleased to be given an individual screening. This left me with too little time to visit the Museum, which in the short time I had, looked well worth a visit. Next time I will give my self longer to do the tour again, visit the Musuem and do the 'Skyline' tour which looks looks fantastic.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very reasonably priced and a really great experience. Our tour guide Annette was absolutley lovely and the tour catered to both GAA lovers and complete newcomers alike. We went to the Guiness storehouse afterwards and it seemed so commercial and impersonal compared to the Corke Park tour.. Visitors may need to think of allowing extra time however because once the tour is finished there is much more to see in the museum and also a chance to test your skills. We ended up spending most of the day in Corke Park and eating in the restaurant there which was very nice and not too expensive!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our culture group had a visit to Croke Park last week. We had a very nice and entertaining guide.If you have a head for heights do the Skywalk! But only if a good/clear day otherwise a bit of a dissapointment. I'm afraid none of us ventured!
The venue is well worth a visit.