“Very good place to stay!”
Review of Botanic View B & B

Botanic View B & B
Ranked #3 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I had a short but really wonderful stay at Botanic View B&B. Bernie and PJ were very friendly and helpful. They introduced me to other guests and gave very good recommendations for activities and places to go. It was also no problem to leave my baggage after check-out for some hours. The freshly prepared breakfast was great.
I'll be back one day!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Good location in Dublin. Nice accommodations and Bernie and PJ were very friendly. Also able to park car behind the B&B. Near Botanical Gardens and Glasnevin Cemetery. Area also has a number of good restaurants and pubs.

Room Tip: No pool - in Dublin don't need one. No use for kid activities.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I had a wonderful time at Botanic View B&B! Bernie was so helpful, friendly, and accommodating. She helped give suggestions of what to do, and also provided a ride into town. I was travelling solo and she made me feel so welcomed. Also, the breakfast was excellent! Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We caught a red eye from the states and Bernadette was so accommodating! She had us for breakfast before our room was ready did everything she could to get us checked in early! She gave great advice for things to do around town and how to do them at an affordable price. P.J gave us a ride in to the city to catch a bus to Cork. Overall such a great experience would definitely go back next time in Dublin . Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have on suite bathrooms be sure you clarify if you'd like one. We were fine withou...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed here for a week while I was doing some research in Dublin. It was a good location, easy bus ride into city centre and not too far to walk it, if I felt inclined. I chose the self-catering option, because travelling solo, I didn't want to be going out at night by myself. But in the end, I didn't really use the self-catering as there were good pubs & eateries very close by. Very economical - I paid for a week what two nights in a city hotel would have cost. Rooms clean & comfortable. One drawback was that they require payment in cash up front, which I didn't realise and meant on arrival I had to immediately go out & find an ATM.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2014

There's not much I can say that hasn't been mentioned by many other reviews, but I had such a lovely experience at Botanic View that it all seemed worth reiterating!

The owners are wonderful, very friendly and keen to help guests to have the best possible stay in Dublin. I stayed there with my partner for just one night before going to a wedding in Navan but Bernie gave us sterling advice about which pubs to go to both nearby and downtown.

The room was spacious and clean. As others have said, the ensuites are quite small but I just left the door open to give the illusion of more space (how much space do you really need in a bathroom I suppose?).

Breakfast was decent and hearty and the communal area next door to the B&B felt very welcoming.

The only downside for me was the lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the room, but Bernie did offer us hot drinks on arrival and the coffee at breakfast was fantastic.

All in all, a great place to stay in a quiet area with good access to the city centre, and lovely hosts!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MBlunder
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here on our first night in Ireland as we wanted to go to the Gravediggers hotel which is nice and close. The staff were very friendly and helpful,even helping us plan our itinerary for the week. The room was comfortable and clean. We had the full irish breakfast which didn't disappoint. Having offstreet parking was a plus. We would stay here again if we visited this area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple