“My second stay in this hotel and not the last”

Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #70 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Böblingen
“My second stay in this hotel and not the last”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I stayed in this hotel in May and am travelling back to Ireland in September. No question - I am staying at the Dublin Airport Hilton. The hotel and the rooms are very clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Okay, maybe the food in the restaurant is not whyt I'd expect of 4* European standard butI can recommend this hotel to anyone. It is extremely good value for money, and there is a free shuttle bus to the airport. What more do you want?

Room Tip: I forgot a wallet in the safe...a driver came especially to the airport with it instead of my travel...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank sebe1923
clarecurran, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
Dear Sebe 1923,

I am very glad to read that your stay with us was a good one.
Many thanks for acknowledging our Team for their friendliness and helpfulness.

We really appreciate your feedback and we are grateful for highlighting areas which you enjoyed at the hotel as well as advising us of those areas which you feel need improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dublin Airport in September.

Kind regards

Clare Curran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Polish first
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This was our last night stay in Ireland and we needed a hotel close to the Dublin Airport. The hotel really isn't that close, about a 10 min ride to the airport. Our stay was very short since we arrived late in the day, and our flight left early in the morning, so didn't really get to fully enjoy the hotel. Check-in was quick and easy and if you need to ride the shuttle in the morning be sure to schedule your pick up time. Just don't show up because there may not be room for you on the bus. The reception desk asked if we would like our breakfast to go in the morning which was really nice. You check off on a sheet what you would like in your to go bag and give them your room #. In the morning when you check out just let them know you have a to go breakfast waiting. Easy as that!
Our room was very nice and modern, comfortable bed, large tv and a good size bathroom. Had a nice view of the area too from the 4th floor. Would loved to have been able to do some shopping across the street and to enjoy the bar if we had more time.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JstLv2Crz
clarecurran, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
Dear JstLv2Crz,

I am very glad to read that your stay with us was a good one.
Many thanks for acknowledging our Team for their friendliness and helpfulness.

We really appreciate your feedback and we are grateful for highlighting areas which you enjoyed at the hotel.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

With warmest regards,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I would never recommend any person to stay / eat at this Hotel. I had book my family in for Fathers day as a special treat. I placed my booking on line and it was confirmed. The Hilton had a special offer on for Father day, the special was buffet 3-course meal 20 euro each and dad goes Free.
I thought to myself whow that would a pleasant experience for my husband it was the Hilton (not a pub). However on my arrival at the hotel I was greeted by oh there are four adults?? I didn’t take any notice of this and followed him to our table and awaited on his return... the table was not set i.e. no knives or glasses, napkin?? So my a member of my family ask if some one would be looking after us as we didn’t have the above, she was told to help herself, when my family member went to take the above from another table she was told you cant do that that table is reserved. My family member replied “so was our”, the member of staff just shrugged her shoulders. Not wanting to spoil the special day for daddy we all proceeded to pick out what we wanted to eat for lunch. I picked soup for the starter, which was Cold. Plus they did not have any turkey left.
I felt that I couldn’t justified given 20 euro for veg and cold soup. We spoke to the headwaiter about our grievance which in turn suggest we eat from the bar menu with a complimentary drinks. At this point I am quite upset the entire bar menu had to offer where sandwiches or meal for 14 euro. This was without a desert or started which was suggested on the special offer. Members of my family, which also included children and new baby needed to eat so, they ordered from the menu. However I couldn’t eat I was so up set that my husband ended up with a sandwich and not a meal that was suppose to be on offer. Oh and Dad didn’t go Free. Should have gone to the pub would have had a better quality serves from the start.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank IRISHROBIN
clarecurran, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Dear IrishRobin,

Thank you for taking the time to update the TripAdvisor with your comments on the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I was very concerned to read your feedback and see how you scored our hotel. I am truly sorry that on this occasion the standards which you had come to expect from our property had not been met. Please feel free to get in touch with me directly clare.curran@hilton.com with the details of your dinner reservation as I would like to investigate the source of your dissatisfaction further.

IrishRobin, I welcome your constructive feedback as it gives me an opportunity to provide feedback to our team and enable us to improve aspects of guest’s experience.

Kind regards

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We stay at this hotel for one weekend every year for an international Badminton Masters weekend.It's location is a 20 min bus ride from Dublin City centre, but is suits our purpose as it is close to our venues.The staff really make a difference in this hotel-the live music is a plus!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
clarecurran, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
Dear Acemumble,

Many thanks for returning to our hotel every year. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay each time. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back next year.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to assist you with your next visit.

Warmest regards

New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We stayed here the night before flying back to the US. The room was large and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.

There is a free shuttle to the airport which was great. Breakfast was delicious!

I'd definitely stay again if I needed to be close to the airport!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Erikah999,

I am very glad to read that your stay with us was a good one.
Many thanks for acknowledging our Team for their friendliness and helpfulness. We really appreciate your feedback and we are grateful for highlighting areas which you enjoyed at the hotel

We are delighted to see that you are considering coming back to stay with us in the future.

Kindest regards

Westport, Ireland
Reviewed 31 May 2011

It's a very pleasant hotel, very nice on the inside with a spacious bar and restaurant. The staff were all very nice which is a must. Being honest, I found the rooms pleasant and nice to be in. However, the price over quality of the food wasn't very good. The menu was varied but still somewhat bland and not very innovative. The staff at the reception desk were very nice but very posh and it was as if they were trying too hard to be genuine. Also, the hotel isn't near the airport at all. On the other hand, the hotel was clean and presentable and the rooms were well looked after and maintained. But don't be fooled by the hotel's name or its brand name.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank NevF
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2011

This is a great place, but the crazy thing is you can have a spacious suite for €20 more than a standard room. Most hotels would charge €100 + more for a room this size over a standard room. I have a suite, with breakfast for €124. Its there on the Hilton website, I have used it twice and had the same suite. If you need to be near the airport and not the city, its great. A large Tesco over the road, albeit 5 sets of ped lights to negotiate, a bottle store next door, and a delicious Chinese restaurant in the same block - Noble house its called and its really good. Nice staff, good brekkie, shuttle with good drivers - what more do you want? Just keep the suite price quiet - its the bargain of the decade. Internet shocking at €20 for 24 hours.

Room Tip: Suites for just over €100!!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank tonyjane
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Dublin Skylon Hotel
Dublin Skylon Hotel
#35 of 151 in Dublin
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!