“family stay lovely airport hotel”

Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #70 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Meath, Ireland
“family stay lovely airport hotel”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

we stayed here with our 3 children recently, it was a prize we won so were not there for any particular reason. it is a lovely pleasant well equipped hotel that is clean and staff are very helpful and polite. the breakfast was gorgeous with more than enough options for all ages, palates and diets. our kids loved the smoothies and the pastries. the room was only equipped for 2 adults and 2 children with 2 singles and one very large double so one of the children slept with us. they provided bathrobes slippers and the plenty of toiletries. the room had a large tv with plenty to watch and the room had a lovely view, despite the weather. the only gripe we had was that we were placed next to some very noisy men, the room is very well insulated but they were extra noisy. also the wall in our room appeared to be leaking slightly.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank shenn09
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear Shenn09 ,

First of all thank you for taking the time to post a review on us.
I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel well equipped and your family enjoyed our room. I would like to thank you for complimenting our famous Hilton breakfast and the staff of the hotel.
I am really sorry to hear about the noisy room next to yours, I hope you and your family managed to rest and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you again for your feedback, I do hope we may have the chance to welcome you back to our hotel in the future!

Kind Regards,

Hilton Dublin Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Polish first
Patras
Reviewed 5 June 2012

The hotel is located about 12 min. from Dublin airport and provides a frequent free shuttle service. Staff at the front desk were unfriendly and sometimes rude. Rooms were clean and spacious but not sound proof. At the restaurant, the menu was limited, the food was superb and the service bad.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Dennis6723
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Dennis 6723,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

I was very concerned about your comments and I am sorry that on this occasion the standards which you had come to expect from our property had not been met. Please feel free to get in touch with me directly eva.szakacs@hilton.com with the details of your stay as I would like to investigate the source of your dissatisfaction further.

I welcome your constructive feedback and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Northern Ireland
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Very impressed with hotel. Timetable posted for hotel shuttle bus at pick up location at airport. Reception staff very friendly and helpful, they checked us unto the return shuttle for next morning when checking in. Rooms very comfortable, restaurant prices very reasonable, we had dinner and breakfast food was very good and plenty of choice.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lovemycomfort
Dear Lovemycomfort,

First of all thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Dublin Airport. I am more than delighted that you found our shuttle service easy to use and that our reception staff made a nice impression on you. We always do our best to make our guests feel cared for and I am glad that you could feel that.
I would like to thank you for your praising words on our famous Burnell Grill&Bar and we cannot wait to have you back for another great stay with us!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I was not very impressed by this Hilton at all. It is conveniently located with a free shuttle bus to the airport. I was greeted very pleasantly by reception and noted as a Hilton rewards member. Our room was room 205 with 2 twin beds. The room was very clean, modern and bright. It faced the tops of other buildings. The tv was very nice, a large desk with mirror, plenty of room for 2 ppl and a large bath with tub. Here are my complaints however; our beds were horrible! Two singles that were like camping matresses on rollers! Everytime we went to sit down, they rolled! It was crazy. Also, the pub in the hotel was the worst I've experienced in all of Ireland and quite possibly the world. It was quite large and way under staffed. We sat in 3 different places and could not get staff to wait on us. Finally we "eyed" a man who looked like a supervisor and he took out order. The choices were small and horrible. We had fish and chips again and a beef and Guiness pie. They were both horrible and expensive. My pie consisted of some meat pieces tha tthey say was bef and 300 tiny mushrooms in a watery brown gravy with a pasty top! Nasty! The fish and chips were soggy and tasted frozen. We had to wait and wait some more for refills until my daughter went up to the bar and funally ordered more drinks for us. What a dreadful experience. I would only stay here for convenience to the airport.

Room Tip: room 205, beds are bad pieces of plywood with paper thin mattresses on wheels!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank KenmareLisa
Dear
Dear KenmareLisa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on us. I do appreciate your feedback you related to us.
I sincerely regret any disappointment you have encountered during your stay and I can assure you that your comments will be passed on the Management team for further investigation and action.
We are grateful for highlighting areas which you enjoyed at the hotel as well as advising us of those areas which you feel need improvement.
I hope you will allow us an opportunity to welcome you back at the Hilton Dublin Airport in the future. Please do contact me directly on eva.szakacs@hilton.com when planning your next visit to Dublin and I will be delighted to offer you my personal assistance with your reservation.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The Hilton is the Hilton its name sets the standard and what you expect from a five star hotel you get. The hotel is always busy and deservedly so. They have great breakfasts and dinners without it costing the earth.
If you use the hotel shuttle then you must book your return to the airport with reception if not they will not guarantee to have you at the airport on time. On a previous visit I did ask them to put a sign in the bus and a big one on the wall behind reception but that does not appear to have been done.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jcc2002uk
Dear jcc2002uk,

First of all thank you for posting a review on us. We are honoured to read your praising words and thank you for rating us as a five star hotel. We couldn’t be happier to hear that! We are indeed a very busy hotel and we work hard to provide excellent customer service to our guests. I also welcome your constructive feedback about the signage and I will inform reception about it.

Many thanks again for your fantastic review and we are very excited about having you back in the near future!

Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 3 June 2012

If you need a place to crash prior to the next day flight, this meets the minimum requirement but don't expect Hilton experience or service whether you are HHonors status or not. The room we had was "an upgrade" but the bathroom sink didn't drain, hot water was variable at best, vanity mirror was loose as was the toilet seat.......and the bed was like a cot with a thin mattress. Now the food was a bit better but couldn't find anyone to seat us in the AM nor close out our bill at the end of the meal the night prior or in the AM for breakfast. They simply appeared understaffed and cutting costs at every corner. If they simply stayed a night or two at their own hotel and experienced what a traveler does, they could improve the property immensely.

Best of all when I explained the issues above to the hotel front desk upon checking out, I was asked if I had told anyone.....I looked at them and said yes, that is what I'm doing now, telling someone. He appeared taken back like I was at fault.

If you are a regular Hilton frequent guest, you will be disappointed. Would be better to simply stay downtown and cab out in the AM to the airport.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank papat
Dear papat,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced during your visit. Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations. Your feedback has been forwarded to the Management team and I can confirm that we are in the process of hiring more staff especially in the Food and Beverage Department. We greatly appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand and we take your feedback most seriously. We will use your comments in order to improve our services for any of your future visits.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back at the Hilton Dublin Airport and please do not hesitate to contact me directly eva.szakacs@hilton.com if I can offer you any further assistance.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2012

dont know where to start ... girl on reception so rude answeres phone twice while i was checking in no apoligy... got my key for room and had to ask where do i get to room and a look from her as if i was stupid as lift on left to HER... Went to Restuarant for food with my husband and waited 1 hour for meal which was only a snack, children running around everywhere with no supervision..met lovely couple in lift and told us to go to the Nople House (chinese and Thai Restaurant ) just 2mts walk on left of Hotel, Had beautifull meal there with such friendly servce.hired car at Airport and Hilton too far away.it should not be called hilton dublin airport ..didnt bother with breakfast as will not be returning -oh by the way was on 4th floor and you cannot open windows ....

Room Tip: go into city as this hotel in the middle of nowhere
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank haunted
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Dublin Skylon Hotel
Dublin Skylon Hotel
#35 of 151 in Dublin
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!