“No Surprises”

Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #71 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Take the Hilton airport shuttle from the airport, call for pick up. Pickup location is all the way down by location 1-2 parking garage but on the right hand side behind the church. Arrive early at 7:00am and got the early check-in option for 19eu. Well worth if after 8 hours in a tin can. Check in was prompt and professional. I’ve stayed here in the past over the years due to the location from the airport and half way between Dublin and Malahide. Shopping is located next door at the SPAR market or “Noble house” Chinese’s Thai. Tesco is also across the street. Bus transportation is across the street in front of Tesco. Take the 42/43 to down town O’Connell street for 2.40eu. Beats a cab at 16-20eu and the locals are friendly and helpful with questions and directions. Bus stop across the street heads the other direction to the coastal town of Malahide. Get off the bus at the Malahide Castle stop, before town, and walk through the beautiful grounds into town, 2 miles of lovely trails. Hotel has great dinning, bar and centrally located between the rat race and coast. I noticed they don’t have lotion in the bathroom, biscuit with coffee tray and no complementary still and sparkling water in the rooms any more. A sign of the times I guess? Will be back on business or holiday.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Hookum,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the other Tripadvisor reviewers.

I am glad our location was to your satisfaction and you found the transportation to the city centre handy. The restaurants and coffees nearby are indeed very nice and Malahide village is only 6 km from us. We also provide complimentary bus transfer to and from Malahide every evening.

With regards to the biscuits we removed them as per brand standards but we are more than happy to provide you some upon request. If you are a Hilton Honours member you are also entitled to receive complimentary bottled water in your room.

I am delighted to hear you are considering staying with us in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Wow we were really disappointed for a Hilton at the quality of the room. The molding was missing above our bathroom door and there was a hole in the floor. Room was not properly cleaned and had hair on the floor. The room was large enough for 3 and the bed was comfortable however. The check in staff were pleasant and the breakfast was timely and of good quality. We were happy with the price but I would expect a better quality of furnishings from a Hilton. The evening meal in the restaurant was not great and the service was incredibly slow.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Fiona L,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review on us. We really appreciate your feedback and we are grateful for highlighting areas which you feel need improvement.

We clearly did not meet your expectations this time and for this please accept my sincere apologies.

All your comments were feed back to the Housekeeping department for further consideration and action and hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back for a much nicer stay.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was looking for an hotel within easy reach of Malahide and i had known of this hotel. I had eaten in it a number of years ago but never stayed in it. I was therefore looking forward to this break. The price was 73 euro B&B for a couple because of a Hilton flash sale. I therefore jumped at it and i just cannot say a bad word. We were professionally dealt with from the minute we set foot in through the front door until we left.
Everything was spick and span. The room was tidy and had everything you would need. The breakfast was wonderful. We had an evening meal outside of the deal and it did not disappoint.
I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

For some the only downside might be the location as it is a bit outside Dublin but it served my needs as it was only 6km from Malahide.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg M

Dear Greg M,

We are so delighted that after several meals in our hotel you gave us a chance to accommodate you as well and it’s great to hear you were satisfied with your experience.

We would be very happy to see you back for another great stay, so keep an eye in the flash sale and do not hesitate to book with us.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I been the top of the Hilton HHonors programs since 1988. This was my 6th check in at this hotel, its great. A fast ride in their van to the airport, never had a bad pillow or bed, or a bad meal at the Dublin Airport Hilton. If you want to go into Dublin, the bus stop is across the street. The girls at the desk couldn't be more friendly or helpful.

Room Tip: If you are flying out the next morning, drop your car off the night before.
1  Thank steve r

Dear Steve r,

You have no idea how much we love receiving feedback from our returning guests, so thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review on us and also thank you for coming back time to time to stay in our hotel. Your loyalty to the Hilton chain is highly appreciated and I hope you are enjoying the benefits.

We hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future, it is always our pleasure to look after you.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Located only a few kilometers from the airport, this hotel is a reasonable option for those who have an early morning flight and don't want to deal with Dublin rush-hour traffic (or conversely arriving very late and wanting to get to your room after a long flight). The hotel is modern, with spacious comfortable rooms as you'd expect from Hilton. Good internet speed and a decent restaurant, with an especially good breakfast spread (the B&B rate is worth paying for). Staff were mostly immigrants, which I didn't mind, but they were a little less friendly and engaging than most of the Irish folks I encountered on my trip. But this was minor. Parking at the site is limited, so best not to have a car. Convenient shuttle, free from the airport, a few Euro fee going to the airport. A reasonable place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a room far from the elevator and it was great!

Dear Drfumblefinger,

Thank you kindly for your detailed review. I am delighted you found our location very convenient and the hotel itself modern and the rooms comfortable.

I am really sorry to hear that you find the foreign staff less friendly and rest assured that all the staff received the same training at the start of their employment and I will certainly pass your comments on the Management team.

Thanks again for your feedback and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Handy for the airport? Yes. All else is a negative. Pay for wifi that doesn't work. Overpriced, overrated restaurant and bar. Unprofessional staff and the list goes on and on. Noisy so called music evenings at the weekend so don't expect anything like service in the bar. Most unsatisfactory.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank dmacseoin
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Dmacseoin,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review on us. It goes without saying that I was extremely disappointed to learn about your poor experience and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back for a much nicer pleasant stay.

We are always very keen to make things right for our guests so please make sure you contact me directly eva.szakacs@hitlon.com when planning your next visit to Dublin and I would be delighted to assist you.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Perhaps there's a good reason why the hotel employs loud, heavy-handed, black-suited, ear-piece-wearing security guards/bouncers... Perhaps the hotel is a notorious trouble-spot and they're required to keep the peace.

However, while we were there, there didn't seem to much threat of trouble from my wife and I, our fellow residents, or the guests at the birthday party we attended... or indeed from the 70+ couple who were shouted at, and escorted from the bar after closing time (perhaps the gentleman's walking stick was considered a dangerous weapon!).

The hotel itself is pretty much what you'd expect a middle-of-the-road Hilton to be. Comfortable, decent value and predictable. But the attitude of the security staff (and the rather bland, unfriendly front-of-house staff) would dissuade us from returning. For them, a word of advice ... learn some people skills from the charming restaurant and breakfast staff.

Dear ConcreteBudgie,

Thank you kindly for your review. We really appreciate your constructive feedback and we are grateful for highlighting areas which you feel need improvement.

We are extremely sorry to hear that you found our Security team unfriendly and please rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the management team for further consideration.

I hope all other aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If there is anything I can do for you please feel free to get in touch with me anytime and I would be delighted to assist you.

eva.szakacs@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!