“A over-all good stay at this hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #67 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tyler, Texas
“A over-all good stay at this hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed a week on business in November. I enjoyed the stay... there were some areas for improvement, but over-all no major complaints. Location is ok, but it is a little bit isolated in that there are no pubs or nice restaurants within walking distance. So, you'll pay taxi's to get to anywhere or just dine in the hotel like I did. I ate at the hotel restaurant just about every night. The food ranged from not-so-great to excellent depending on the dish and of course, my palate and expectations. Had an absolutely delicious chef-special one night of grilled pork chop, green beans and mashed potatoes (came with a fantastic mushroom sauce on the side). Another unexpected event that I really enjoyed was the live entertainment in the restaurant/bar area on Sunday night. Two guys with acoustic guitars and great voices. I really enjoyed this, as I love live music. Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Wi-Fi was free and adequate. On a side note: I was at the hotel and the shuttle-bus was late. The shuttle bus driver for the other Hilton called me a cab and the hotel picked up the charge. Hey, that is service, isn't it?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gsanbrook
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Gsanbrook,

Thank you kindly for your detailed review. Please rest assured that we take our guest’s feedback seriously and all your comments have been discussed with the relevant department heads.

I am delighted that you liked the live music in the bar and our guys on the desk looked after you well when you have encountered problems with the shuttle bus.

I hope overall you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hilton Dublin Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

We recently stayed at the hotel on a Saturday night before our flight out of Dublin. Staying with our young children, we had a larger room. Unfortunately, it was right above the bar area, which was loud with music on the night we stayed. I talked with the front desk and they were very accomodating and moved us to two rooms on a higher floor. I was very pleased with the response and that the front desk made the situation better. They also comped us breakfast the next morning as well. Very well handled by the front desk.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Rtw_nick,

Thank you kindly for your review.

First of all let me apologise for the discomfort the loud music caused you and I am delighted that our front desk team sorted this situation out. I am glad you and your family enjoyed the complimentary breakfast the next morning and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Thank you again for acknowledging our front desk team for their professionalism and hope overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you back.

Round Rock TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Take the Hilton airport shuttle from the airport, call for pick up. Pickup location is all the way down by location 1-2 parking garage but on the right hand side behind the church. Arrive early at 7:00am and got the early check-in option for 19eu. Well worth if after 8 hours in a tin can. Check in was prompt and professional. I’ve stayed here in the past over the years due to the location from the airport and half way between Dublin and Malahide. Shopping is located next door at the SPAR market or “Noble house” Chinese’s Thai. Tesco is also across the street. Bus transportation is across the street in front of Tesco. Take the 42/43 to down town O’Connell street for 2.40eu. Beats a cab at 16-20eu and the locals are friendly and helpful with questions and directions. Bus stop across the street heads the other direction to the coastal town of Malahide. Get off the bus at the Malahide Castle stop, before town, and walk through the beautiful grounds into town, 2 miles of lovely trails. Hotel has great dinning, bar and centrally located between the rat race and coast. I noticed they don’t have lotion in the bathroom, biscuit with coffee tray and no complementary still and sparkling water in the rooms any more. A sign of the times I guess? Will be back on business or holiday.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Hookum,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the other Tripadvisor reviewers.

I am glad our location was to your satisfaction and you found the transportation to the city centre handy. The restaurants and coffees nearby are indeed very nice and Malahide village is only 6 km from us. We also provide complimentary bus transfer to and from Malahide every evening.

With regards to the biscuits we removed them as per brand standards but we are more than happy to provide you some upon request. If you are a Hilton Honours member you are also entitled to receive complimentary bottled water in your room.

I am delighted to hear you are considering staying with us in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Huntington, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Wow we were really disappointed for a Hilton at the quality of the room. The molding was missing above our bathroom door and there was a hole in the floor. Room was not properly cleaned and had hair on the floor. The room was large enough for 3 and the bed was comfortable however. The check in staff were pleasant and the breakfast was timely and of good quality. We were happy with the price but I would expect a better quality of furnishings from a Hilton. The evening meal in the restaurant was not great and the service was incredibly slow.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Fiona L,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review on us. We really appreciate your feedback and we are grateful for highlighting areas which you feel need improvement.

We clearly did not meet your expectations this time and for this please accept my sincere apologies.

All your comments were feed back to the Housekeeping department for further consideration and action and hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back for a much nicer stay.

Co. Down
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was looking for an hotel within easy reach of Malahide and i had known of this hotel. I had eaten in it a number of years ago but never stayed in it. I was therefore looking forward to this break. The price was 73 euro B&B for a couple because of a Hilton flash sale. I therefore jumped at it and i just cannot say a bad word. We were professionally dealt with from the minute we set foot in through the front door until we left.
Everything was spick and span. The room was tidy and had everything you would need. The breakfast was wonderful. We had an evening meal outside of the deal and it did not disappoint.
I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

For some the only downside might be the location as it is a bit outside Dublin but it served my needs as it was only 6km from Malahide.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greg M
Dear Greg M,

We are so delighted that after several meals in our hotel you gave us a chance to accommodate you as well and it’s great to hear you were satisfied with your experience.

We would be very happy to see you back for another great stay, so keep an eye in the flash sale and do not hesitate to book with us.

Dallas, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I been the top of the Hilton HHonors programs since 1988. This was my 6th check in at this hotel, its great. A fast ride in their van to the airport, never had a bad pillow or bed, or a bad meal at the Dublin Airport Hilton. If you want to go into Dublin, the bus stop is across the street. The girls at the desk couldn't be more friendly or helpful.

Room Tip: If you are flying out the next morning, drop your car off the night before.
1 Thank steve r
Dear Steve r,

You have no idea how much we love receiving feedback from our returning guests, so thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review on us and also thank you for coming back time to time to stay in our hotel. Your loyalty to the Hilton chain is highly appreciated and I hope you are enjoying the benefits.

We hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future, it is always our pleasure to look after you.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Located only a few kilometers from the airport, this hotel is a reasonable option for those who have an early morning flight and don't want to deal with Dublin rush-hour traffic (or conversely arriving very late and wanting to get to your room after a long flight). The hotel is modern, with spacious comfortable rooms as you'd expect from Hilton. Good internet speed and a decent restaurant, with an especially good breakfast spread (the B&B rate is worth paying for). Staff were mostly immigrants, which I didn't mind, but they were a little less friendly and engaging than most of the Irish folks I encountered on my trip. But this was minor. Parking at the site is limited, so best not to have a car. Convenient shuttle, free from the airport, a few Euro fee going to the airport. A reasonable place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a room far from the elevator and it was great!
Dear Drfumblefinger,

Thank you kindly for your detailed review. I am delighted you found our location very convenient and the hotel itself modern and the rooms comfortable.

I am really sorry to hear that you find the foreign staff less friendly and rest assured that all the staff received the same training at the start of their employment and I will certainly pass your comments on the Management team.

Thanks again for your feedback and hope to see you back soon.

Hilton Dublin Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#65 of 153 in Dublin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,257 reviews
Dublin Skylon Hotel
#33 of 153 in Dublin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,749 reviews

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!