“Nice place somewhat near the Dublin Airport”

Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #69 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel isn't as close to the airport as you think. It's a 15 minute shuttle ride to and from the airport and the shuttle only picks up from the airport every 45 minutes.
Nice hotel but if you stay there on Hilton points expect to pay for internet and breakfast and your return shuttle to the airport. Nice job Hilton, make your loyal customers feel like second-class guests. Here's a hint, people earned those Hilton points by staying at your properties, if you make them feel unwelcome they will stop staying at your properties. I'm switching.

1  Thank Scott E
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Scott E,

Many thanks for your review and thank you for your valued feedback.

First of all I am very sorry if you did not feel recognized as a Hilton Honours member and I would like to reassure you that you are indeed a valued guest to our Hotel. I hope you will give us another chance to look after you and I would be delighted to assist you. Please contact me directly eva.szakacs@hilton.com if I can do anything for you in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hilton Dublin Airport

Write a ReviewReviews (2,419)

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Very clean and modern hotel with very good dining facilities. Only stayed one night prior to flight. Was a straight run to the car rental return location. Hotel is within walking distance of a large shopping mall so was able to pickup some gifts and not pay airport prices. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Sean M,

Thank you kindly for your review on us.

We are delighted to hear how much enjoyed your short stay with us and it’s great to know you found our location convenient. I couldn’t agree with you more- ClareHall shopping centre is just across the road, the nearest bus stop is in front of the mall and there are also lovely coffees and shops nearby.

Thank you for complimenting our staff, hope they looked after very well.

We look forward to seeing you back very soon for another great stay with us.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stayed here a couple of times on business. Does what it says. Takes good care of weary travellers.
Breakfast is quick and decent. Service in bar is great with a smiling face.
Quick to airport and reliable. Timetable available at the front desk. About every forty to fifty minutes.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Eva S, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Sean H,

Thank you kindly for your review.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and services in the hotel and hope to seeing you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I have stayed many times in the hotel and whilst the rooms are very nice and the location very good I have noticed a decline in the service. During both check in and checking out there was one staff member on reception with a queue of customers waiting. H

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear 657rachel,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Hilton Dublin Airport.

I am very saddened to hear that you find decline in the service you received recently in our hotel. I would like to thank you however for your feedback, we appreciate all feedback positive and negative as it allows us to constructively review our service and quality where needed.

Please rest assured that your feedback has been shared with our senior management team for further consideration.

I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I generally like this hotel. It's comfortable, clean, generally upscale. In the past I have had the breakfast and eaten at the bar--the food is very nice and there's a good selection. The staff is friendly and the gym is adequate (nothing special). Seems to me the hotel caters mainly to business people.
Recently though I had to stay at another hotel (Bewleys at Dublin airport). Both are about the same distance away from the airport and both have shuttles. While the Hilton is a bit more upscale i found that Bewleys is a better deal in many ways. There's free internet at Bewleys; 5Euro for a slow internet and a whopping 15euro for faster internet at the Hilton. Bewleys shuttles run all the time and are free--two came and went at the airport while i waited for one from the Hilton and it costs 2euro to get to the airport from the Hilton. The breakfast at the Hilton costs 20euro; 10euro at checkin at Bewleys (12.50euro in the morning). And Bewleys is a less expensive room: 69Euro Vs a beginning price of 79 at the Hilton. So in my opinion, Belweys is a better deal.

3  Thank Eugene S

Dear Dubliner 2588,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that generally you like our hotel and thank you for comparing our services and prices with the nearby three star hotel, Bewleys.

We appreciate your comments and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Nice hotel 10 mins from airport. Shuttle bus to/from hotel runs every 45 mins.
Ask reception for a timetable.

Only problem we got was with wifi. It cost 5euros but it doesn't really work. You need to sign in all the time you switch off your mobile.
Also one staff in Burnell bar we found very rude.I think her name was Vivien. And we really didnt enjoy evening because of her attitude.

Otherwise good stay

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lukas K,

Thank you kindly for your review.

First of all I am extremely sorry about the Wifi problem you have experienced during your stay and please rest assured that I have shared your comments with the IT Team.

I am also disappointed to learn of your poor experience in the bar. Please let me assure you that this is not in keeping with our normal standards and I can assure you that your comments are being taken very seriously by our management team and your feedback has been taken on board.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I hope that you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

As has been stated many times this hotel is a 10 minute drive from Dublin airport. The shuttle bus seems to run once an hour so you are left with taking a taxi for about €12 on arrival at Dublin airport.

Staff all seem pleasant and were happy to help out when a couple of things went wrong. Guest rooms are pretty good but very dark - almost like being in a cave.

There is only one restaurant and if you don't like football on a match night then you need to eat from the very poor room service menu (and poor food) or eat elsewhere. The only nearby restaurant I saw was a Thai/Chinese next to the Hilton.

Minibar is very expensive and I would recommend shopping at the Tesco across the main road for soft or alcoholic drinks.

Room service meal was of poor quality and breakfast was just about average for a Hilton.

Room Tip: Rooms at front of hotel suffer from lorry noise during the night
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear AFrequentTraveller,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Regarding our shuttle services please be advised that our busses are running in every 45 minutes from the Airport to the hotel. Unfortunately last week we have experienced some technical issues with one of the busses which caused delay in providing the shuttle service. Please accept my sincere apologies for that.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff and I am really sorry to hear that you found the rooms too dark.

I was very sad to hear about your unsatisfactory in room dining experience and please rest assured that I have shared your comments with the Food and Beverage team for further follow up.

Hilton Dublin Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Dublin Skylon Hotel
The Croke Park
#5 of 150 in Dublin
Kilmainham
Hilton Dublin Kilmainham

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!