“FYI "Incedentals" are 50 euro a night!!”

Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #64 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Landstuhl, Germany
“FYI "Incedentals" are 50 euro a night!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Checking in to the hotel was ok the room over all is good (not really 5 star with the old stained carpets but whatever) BUT on my first day of my 6 night stay I was surprised to see that they charged my back account 435 dollars for "incidentals" on top of the almost 600 dollars that I already paid for the room. Basically they drained my bank account leaving me with no money while I'm here. To add insult to injury, when I checked in I told them that I wanted to pay the incidentals after I left if I would need to but because their "Free Wifi" is only in the lounge!!! I had to give them my card for internet in my room (which is 5 euro a night by the way) and they charged me for the incidentals anyway. So basically if your staying here, add on another 50 euro a night to your original cost. Yeah I realize I get that money back after I check out but that doesn't help me eat tomorrow.

Room Tip: Pick a different Hotel
1 Thank Kacie W
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hi Kacie W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at the Hilton Dublin Airport.

It is Hotel policy to tak a pre-authorisation on guest's credit cards. We will however review the details of this policy and I would like to thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Hilton Dublin Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Polish first
Kirkwall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

The bus took 35 mins to arrive to take us to the hotel. As it turned out I had just missed the last one. At the time the shuttle bus schedule was not published on the hotel's website so myself and other guests waiting for the bus had no idea how long we were going to wait. I did compain about this and I believe this has now been rectified.
The shuttle cost €2 to the airport and took just over 9 minutes.
Apart from that everything else was good. Clean and warm room and as always with Hilton the bed was very comfortable. I was leaving early before breakfast the next day so was offered a breakfast bag which comprised two bits of fruit, a croissant, a yoghurt, fruit bar and a bottle of water.
There is a tesco accross the road, and a Spar shop very close by aswell if you dont want to eat in the hotel. I did and the food was good, if unspectacular. I payed €19.20 for a cajun chicken burger (breast fillet) and a pint of Guinness.
There was nothing bad about this hotel but if I ever overnigt again for Dublin Airport I may try the Raddison Blu or similar which is much closer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Hi Deenesh R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I can confirm the hotel shuttle bus schedule is now available on the hotel website. We had changed the schedule in April so you may not have been able to access the timetable during the transition period.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We arrived at the Hilton Dublin Airport and spent over 20 minutes waiting in line to register despite the availability of additional staff. Subsequent queries to the desk staff were answered with little interest.
The rooms are spacious and clean. Food in the restaurant (dinner and breakfast) was mediocre and expensive.
I called the hotel operator, the front desk and room service trying to find someone who would set a wake up call for us. No one answered on the first call to each number, on the 5th try we got someone at the front desk who assured us the time was set. Fortunately I used their service as a backup to my cell phone, as our phone never rang.

Overall this appears to be a nicely designed hotel with miserable staffing. It's hard to say whether the staff just don't care, or if they've given up trying to cope with half the people they need to properly serve the guests.

Room Tip: I would suggest you stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear SeattleMan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Hilton Dublin Airport.

Providing great customer service is the number 1 priority of all our team members and I am sorry to hear that you did not experience this during your stay.

Please rest asssured your feedback regarding your wake up call has been shared with the Front Office Manager to investigate. As we are an Airport Hotel we fully understand the importance of receiving your scheduled call.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future.

Dumfries, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Every one of the staff we experienced on 2 stays this week in and out of Dublin were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean comfortable and quiet. The restaurant is very good with a great staff. We had a nice breakfast and a lunch here.

The public bus is a 3 minute walk and this takes you to the city center. A cab ride runs about 20 Euros. The airport shuttle is very convenient and easy to use. I would recommend this hotel and will use it again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hi Joyce R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your stay with us at the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I am delighted you had an enjoyable experience with us and that you found our team members friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with again in the near future.

Devon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel is very convenient with a shuttle bus to the airport. It was comfortable and clean with good facilities and parking. The staff are particularly good, nothing is too much trouble. Try popping into the shop next door, can't remember what its called but it was lovely. My only disappointment was having to pay for the Wifi.

Hi Clare E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our team members.They are very much appreciated!

I would definitely have to agree with you, the shop next to us has some lovely things. It's great for a little wander around.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Excellent location in North Dublin close to airport. Close to lovely Dublin villages of Portmarnock and Malahide. Rooms spacious and clean. Staff very helpful. Excellent top notch breakfast. Only detraction is lack of pool/spa/sauna area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hi Cormac O,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your stay at the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our services and facilities suited your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Generally an excellent weekend. Room 207 was spacious pleasant and quiet. Service excellent; staff were pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was very good. Shuttle Bus service from the airport, every 45 minutes, was very efficient and convenient. Let down by very noisy Air Con, which was unacceptable.The live music in the Bar was far too loud, so I and friends decided to eat elsewhere for this reason.

Hi Raymiond D,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments regarding the live music we have in the bar. I have shared this with the Food and Beverage Management Team for further investigation. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We look forward to welcoming back to stay with us again in the near future.

Hilton Dublin Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!