“Ideal for Dublin and the airport”

Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #69 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Booked a 2 night stay with breakfast for the Giro D'Italia. Took the free shuttle van from the airport. After a quick check in made our way to room 313 which was clean, quiet, comfortable and included a few toiletries. Selection at the buffet breakfast was excellent and included smoked salmon and black/white pudding. Tea and juice were served at the table. All staff at the hotel were polite, friendly and efficient. The bar/restaurant area had a nice atmosphere with a mixture of families, locals, tourists and business people and there was live music one evening. Taking the local public buses into Dublin City Centre (15, 42, 43) from across the road at the Clare Hall Shopping Centre was easy (had to have the exact 2.60 in change though, and notes aren't accepted). Also took the bus in the opposite direction one morning to Malahide, which was very pleasant. There were also a few small shops and cafes very close to the hotel itself as we discovered at the end of our stay. Check out was easy and we were offered an extra hour if we needed it. We booked the return shuttle at 2 euros per person back to the airport, which dropped us right outside the T2 departures section.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank owlAnon
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear owlAnon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and also the excellent breakfast selection we provide here at the Hotel.

Also I would like to say thanks for giving additional information on how to travel to the city centre and Malahide as I am sure other travellers will appreciate this.

I hope you enjoyed the Giro D'Italia also!

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Hilton Dublin Airport

Write a ReviewReviews (2,421)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Our friends recommended the hotel--we're glad they did. We stayed for seven nights. We were able to get into our rooms early in the morning, instead of having to wait until the afternoon. This is nice when flying across the Atlantic and arriving early in the morning. There are several stores close by which is nice too. We rented a car for this trip, but probably shouldn't have because the hotel is near several bus stops which are less than a block away. Taxi service is also available if needed. The morning breakfast is really good. The staff was agreeable to cooking our food the way we like it (American crispy bacon). We also enjoyed the Easter buffet--very tasty and reasonably priced. The hotel gave us free bar drinks w/ our reservation. I misunderstood the number of drinks we were authorized and instead of taking advantage of us, the bartender tracked me down to tell me I had more drinks available. So very nice. Every day I would run our tour plans by the hotel staff. They provided additional advice and tips to make our tours more enjoyable. One desk clerk, Joseph, was absolutely the best! Hopefully they'll promote him to GM. The rooms are very nice, modern and clean. Our only criticisms are we had to ask the weekday cleaning staff for extra towels every day. The weekend staff got it and didn't have to be asked more than once. The non-Irish staff are a little tough to warm up to. They seem a little colder and less agreeable than the Irish staff (desk clerks and waiters). They don't come at you with a big smile or a willingness to see what you want. Also, it is very hard to find Laundromats in Dublin. There's nothing by the hotel so Joseph told me where to go and it was surprisingly expensive to wash three loads of clothes. We strongly recommend this hotel when going to Dublin. I know we'll be back.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are nice here.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael U

Hi Michael U,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at the Hilton Dublin Airport.

We are absolutely delighted you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for giving Joseph a special mention. It is always encouraging to receive such kind words and it is appreciated by all the team.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The location of this hotel is deceiving, not on hotel property and not very good signage to find it. We drove around and around trying to find it, but once found, it was definitely well worth the stay. As a Hilton Diamond member, I was pleasantly surprised to receive some delicious complimentary fruit and sweets in the room upon arrival.

Room was elegant, so fresh smelling, clean and welcoming. The best was the service at this hotel. The bar and restaurant are set up to be a nice place to meet friends, new or old, and a great place to relax. Food was tasty too.

I actually had a positive experience where I mistakenly left my iphone in the room and didn't realize until I got back home in the States that it was missing. When I contacted them, they informed me that they had located it. What a pleasant surprise that folks were honest! Now in the process of getting it returned to me.

I would not hesitate to stay here again. Thank you, Dublin Airport Hilton! 5 stars!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachquilter

Hi beachquilter,

I am delighted that our Hotel suited your needs perfectly and everything from your room to the service you received was to your satisfaction.

I hope you have been reunited with your iphone!

We are delighted to see that you would stay with us again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here for several nights at the beginning of May, 2014. Unfortunately I became ill while there and needed medical attention. All of the staff from the management to housekeeping to the wait staff couldn't have been more helpful. They arranged for me to see a doctor and got a taxi to take me there. They made sure I had enough blankets and a space heater. The front desk put through calls to my next stop to cancel since I was unfamiliar with the Irish phone system. I will definitely come back!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tjm1946
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Hi tjm1946,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I am sorry to hear that you were ill during your trip to Ireland. I am however delighted that our team members looked after your needs and made you comfortable. I do hope you are feeling much better now!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Ireland.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

A typical modern Hilton hotel, clean rooms, good service with a very nice evening meal with a good choice of menu and a good buffet breakfast. We were part of a coach party of around 25 people, arriving fairly late and setting off very early, but the hotel staff took good care of us all and served us all in good time at the evening meal. Our luggage was handled quickly and efficiently. We couldn't have asked for a better experience in the time given.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi bradlian,

I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you had a good time on your coach tour also.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again the next time you're in Dublin.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Checking in to the hotel was ok the room over all is good (not really 5 star with the old stained carpets but whatever) BUT on my first day of my 6 night stay I was surprised to see that they charged my back account 435 dollars for "incidentals" on top of the almost 600 dollars that I already paid for the room. Basically they drained my bank account leaving me with no money while I'm here. To add insult to injury, when I checked in I told them that I wanted to pay the incidentals after I left if I would need to but because their "Free Wifi" is only in the lounge!!! I had to give them my card for internet in my room (which is 5 euro a night by the way) and they charged me for the incidentals anyway. So basically if your staying here, add on another 50 euro a night to your original cost. Yeah I realize I get that money back after I check out but that doesn't help me eat tomorrow.

Room Tip: Pick a different Hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kacie W

Hi Kacie W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at the Hilton Dublin Airport.

It is Hotel policy to tak a pre-authorisation on guest's credit cards. We will however review the details of this policy and I would like to thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

The bus took 35 mins to arrive to take us to the hotel. As it turned out I had just missed the last one. At the time the shuttle bus schedule was not published on the hotel's website so myself and other guests waiting for the bus had no idea how long we were going to wait. I did compain about this and I believe this has now been rectified.
The shuttle cost €2 to the airport and took just over 9 minutes.
Apart from that everything else was good. Clean and warm room and as always with Hilton the bed was very comfortable. I was leaving early before breakfast the next day so was offered a breakfast bag which comprised two bits of fruit, a croissant, a yoghurt, fruit bar and a bottle of water.
There is a tesco accross the road, and a Spar shop very close by aswell if you dont want to eat in the hotel. I did and the food was good, if unspectacular. I payed €19.20 for a cajun chicken burger (breast fillet) and a pint of Guinness.
There was nothing bad about this hotel but if I ever overnigt again for Dublin Airport I may try the Raddison Blu or similar which is much closer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Hi Deenesh R,

I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I can confirm the hotel shuttle bus schedule is now available on the hotel website. We had changed the schedule in April so you may not have been able to access the timetable during the transition period.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Hilton Dublin Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Dublin Skylon Hotel
The Croke Park
#6 of 150 in Dublin
Kilmainham
Hilton Dublin Kilmainham

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!