“A great experience from start to finish”

Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #71 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
“A great experience from start to finish”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I had a very enjoyable stay at the Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel.

I had booked 12 months ahead as I had bought tickets for a One Direction concert for my daughter - two weeks before our stay we were given a free upgrade to a suite!

The rooms were spotlessly clean and well equipped.

Staff were friendly & helpful and made a point of chatting with my 11 year old daughter. The hotel had an information sheet available for getting to and from the concert venue which proved very useful.

Food was excellent - the buffet breakfast was particularly good.

The hotel is easily accessible from the M50 and has secure parking (€5 overnight). We had been concerned that the noise from planes taking off from the airport would be a problem but once inside the hotel these were not noticeable.

I would definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed May 2014
ChrisDouglas, General Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear PatMurphy1965,

I hope you enjoyed the One Direction concert with your daughter.

Thank you for your feedback, and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the team who were delighted.

Best wished and hope to see you again soon

Chris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Polish first
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel was finished to a high standard. Our family room was massive with a king sized bed and 2 single sofa beds for our girls and still room for table and chair. It was very clean and fresh. The décor was modern. It was a little hard to find as it is not actually within the airport complex but a few miles down the road. There was a good selection for breakfast and it was very good. Overall we had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear BAE100,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a tripadvisor review after your stay with us. I am glad that you liked the hotel and especially the family room and breakfast.

I hope you stay with us when you are next in the area.

thanks

Liberty, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for work for a couple days. The breakfast (big priority for me!) was good and the bar area was welcoming. I found the rates to be reasonable. Biggest thing that could possibly scare people off is the location, being near the airport versus the in town Hilton (which was full). I didn't find the location to be a problem when getting into town (20min cab or 25min bus), and I took a trip in once just to go for a run along the River Liffey. Friendly staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dan A
Good evening Dan A,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. We are very proud of our breakfast as we know all our guests need a good start to the day.

Looking forward to have you stay with us again.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed 4 nights over the st pat's weekend this year hoping to avoid the downtown congestion and college partygoers. What a great location! Double decker bus stop right across the street runs every 15 minutes and dropped us off right downtown in front of trinity college for a fraction of the cost and headache of a rental or cab. The hotel was lovely, quiet, and had wi-if in the lobby but you had to pay in the room unless you were a special hilton member. The bar and restaurant down stairs were good and the buffet breakfast which was included with our room was great.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Russellquack
Dear Russellquack,

Thank you for your kind comments about your stay with us. I am glad you managed to enjoy St Patrick's weekend in Dublin away from the downtown congestion and college party goers.

We look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Lebanon, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here last week for the last night of a vacation. We chose this location because we desired a convenient airport hotel with typical business traveler amenities.

Upon arriving at the airport, we waited nearly 45 minutes before the hotel shuttle arrived (the shuttle only departs the airport at 15 and 45 on each hour) but the shuttle was late. I tried to contact the hotel and couldn't get an answer. Also, the driver didn't assist with our luggage, which was difficult to carry up onto the bus as the aisle was very narrow and was setup to have luggage place thru the back door.

We arrive at the hotel and it's very busy with a children's party, kids are running around everywhere unsupervised (but there's a "kids check in desk" so I guess this is a very kid-friendly hotel?) Can't get service at the hotel restaurant/bar because of the large number of children. Thankfully there was a chinese restaurant next door available for takeout.

We come back to the hotel and can't access the internet in our room on the 2nd floor. The internet is down! The hotel staff stated we could come downstairs to use the internet, but as I mentioned there were dozen of kids running around and we just wanted to unwind and prepare for our upcoming travel day.

The next morning, I came downstairs and requested the ATM so I could get cash to pay the shuttle, but there was no ATM in the hotel and the bank 2 blocks away was out of order. We had called the front desk early to be scheduled on the 9:15 shuttle, but our names weren't on the list. THANKFULLY they had room for us!

And the ride to the airport is at least 10 minutes. In the future I will choose a hotel closer to the hotel and *hopefully* one with amenities one expects when traveling and staying at an airport hotel (internet, convenient shuttle, dining, ATM). Very disappointed with this Hilton property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ashleenicole
Hi ashleenicole,

Thank you for your comments, they are very valuable to us. I am disappointed that you have not fully enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly follow up on your comments with the team to ensure we improve in these areas.

Thank you for taking the time to tell me of your experience.

Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Like many folks, we stayed here the night before flying out. The hotel is nice & modern & I really only have 2 complaints. One is global to Hilton brands...charging for wi-fi. At least they have it free in the public areas. The other was the service at the Burnell Grill restaurant. While they were busy with lots of locals in large groups, it seems they weren't prepared for a capacity dining room. The manager & server both apologized, so maybe it was just an off night. The food was pretty good, although there were also signs of a kitchen under stress, such as slightly undercooked risotto. I still enjoyed the selection & the atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again. Great location & professional staff.

• Stayed April 2014
Good Evening saibot,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us. I am delighted that you will stay with us again. I am sure you will have a more seamless experience in Burnells when you come again.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The employees at front desk, bar, restaurant and mgmt are great, but, Hilton needs to update this hotel. It's located right next to airport and gets very busy, so it has a lot of wear and tear. Would love to come back if they renovate it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Flgirl954,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review and your lovely feedback about the team, they are always delighted to get such nice comments.

We do work hard on maintaining and improving the quality of the product here, in order to minimise the wear and tear of being such a busy hotel.

I hope you do choose to stay with us again.

Thanks again

Chris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!