“choose another airport hotel”

Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #68 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“choose another airport hotel”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I chose this hotel for the location because we had an early flight the next morning; they charge for the shuttle back to the airport (complimentary from the airport). they charge for in room wifi that did not work; restaurant is only fair; choose another for the cost

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank myliege
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hi myliege,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I'm very sorry to hear that you had an issue with our wifi while you stayed with us. Our team members are more than happy to assist you with contacting the interent providers should you bring this to our attention during your stay.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Claire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed upon arrival in Dublin for one night. The hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport and it is about a 10 min bus ride. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Very clean. Nice restaurant and bar with very good coffee. In room coffee is instant. No free wifi!!

• Stayed June 2014
ChrisDouglas, General Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Bill B,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor post. I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your Costa coffee in Burnells.

We all look forward to have you stay with us again soon

Kind regards

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed over night after a business conference in the hotel. The team were very courteous and helpful and looked after me in a friendly and efficient manner. I recommend the hotel to other travellers.

2 Thank Kevin O
Dear Kevin O,

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us. The team will be delighted to read your kind comments about them, they do really enjoy looking after our guests,

Thanks for the recommendation.

Chittagong, Bangladesh
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is one of the worst I have ever stayed in. I waited 40 mins for the shuttle and when it arrived, the driver told me he couldn't pick me up as he was waiting for a BA crew (two pilots). After 10 mins they arrived and they left on the shuttle (which can take 10-12 people) but refused to pick me up. The driver did call a taxi for me but that was also late and anyway this hotel seems to have a policy whereby air crew should not travel with other hotel guests. So not only is their shuttle service extremely late/poor, if you are unlucky enough to have a crew coming, you will be waiting a long time. Hotel staff apologized but I did not feel it was genuine and they were rather short about it (and never gave me an explanation about their policy). As a human rights lawyer I do tend to treat people the same way, so that a hotel chain would prioritize certain customers over others is disturbing to me. It is also incredibly inefficient/wasteful. The hotel is also far from everything (both from the airport AND from Dublin city), its rooms are mediocre, the service was poor, several appliances did not work, and the receptionists were difficult to get hold of. The only good thing was the quietness (probably they don't have too many customers anyway!) Oh, and the internet is extremely expensive. So, really, I would recommend that you look elsewhere. Cannot recommend.

4 Thank Herman S
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Herman S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I know we have been emailing directly regarding your feedback but I would like to thank you once again for your comments.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Be prepared to pay 15 Euro per day to connect to relatively poor internet. The 'free' shuttle bus to the airport costs 2 Euro extra. Not as close to the Airport as you would expect - about a 15 minute drive in good traffic. Clean, efficient, comfy, but be aware that the cost of the room is essentially just for the bed!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Thomas H
Hi Thomas H,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

I know I have emailed you directly the other day regarding your feedback but I would like to say thank you again for your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Summerfield
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We enjoyed the cleanliness and location of our hotel. We were picked up by the shuttle service to get from the airport, and we were able to take a bus to downtown Dublin very easily. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank jrcmga
ChrisDouglas, General Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear jrcmga,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvosr following your stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and I hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again

Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed one night on a return trip from France. The shuttle service is convenient and punctual and the drivers are very friendly. The hotel was nice, clean and comfortable. I had dinner and a couple of pints in the hotel bar...............I highly recommend the fish and chips with mushy peas. Quite good. The front desk staff was efficient so chick-in and out were very fast. I recommend this hotel and will return.

2 Thank Chuck T
Dear Chuck T,

Thank you for your kind comments after your stay with us. I know the drivers will be delighted to hear your feedback about them specifically.

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes

Chris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!