“A Little Extra” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #67 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“A Little Extra”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

No extras which I expect at a Hilton. No internet in room, no freebies i.e. water, I was given a handicap room in error and my reservations was charged to me instead of using my points which I set up before I left months ago? The front desk women on the first two nights were not very inviting and I travel a lot in the USA for comparison. The bed was good, quiet and clean but if you want anything extra you have to pay -- even the shuttle to the airport?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank georgebL8942YW
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear georgebL8942YW,

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I know if have emailed you directly the other day regarding your queries but I would like to thank you once again for your feedback.

Claire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Polish first
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night before flying to France. Nice rooms, friendly staff, nice if noisy bar area, great location across from a big shopping complex that was open on Sunday. Being Hhonors gold we get free internet and breakfast but the hotel threw in a drink at the bar as well. One hint- if you like hiltons and stay at them at least 3 times a year look into getting one of their credit cards that gives Hhonors gold membership. It pays for itself the first visit with free internet and breakfast. There are several available in the US.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Triciammh
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hi Triciammh,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Hilton Dublin Airport.

We are delighted you have enjoyed your stay and I hope you had a nice trip to France. Thank you also for sharing details of Hilton Hhonors membership, I'm sure other travellers will find this information useful!

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Killinchy, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel seems to have quite a number of bad reviews, most of which are due to location (not close enough to the airport, not close enough to the city centre etc.), but frankly if these things matter I don't understand why you wouldn't check where it was before you book it!

We rolled into the hotel at 1am, completely soaked after the kings of Leon gig at Marlay Park! We were promptly checked in and off to our cosy bed, for me this was via the (thankfully very powerful) hairdryer. The room was lovely, very clean, a good temperature, and the bed very comfortable. It was also extremely quiet which was great, we heard no noise from neighbouring rooms or trolleys in the corridor.

Thankfully check-out was at 12 (or I wouldn't have booked it!), the shower was warm with nice toiletries and there was a selection of teas and coffees, but no biscuits! This was my only negative about the place!

Wi-fi as stated is not free, however, it is free if you're a Hilton Honours Club member, which takes about 2 minutes to sign up to online as far as I can see. Parking was 5 euro and we had no problem getting in or getting a space. We had told the hotel in advance that we would be a late arrival though.

On check-out Joseph was extremely friendly and chatty. I can't really fault the place on anything apart from their lack of biscuits, and I would stay there again in future

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi travellingcat79,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience!

We are absolutely delighted you have enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you had a great time at the gig.

Next time you are coming to stay with us please do not hesitate to contact me and I will arrange some biscuits for you!!

Sherwoood Park Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Very good accommodation. Access to room internet is not included within the cost. Restaurant is clean with a good choice of menu items. Appreciate having a small community of few shops close by to browse and purchase articles if necessary.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Claudette M
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi Claudette M,

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I know I have emailed you directly regarding your feedback but I would like to take the opportunity to thank you once again.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Stamford, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel was absolutely infuriating. The staff was rude from when we checked in to when we checked out. They charge for internet, water bottles and parking, all things we got for free in the other four hotels we stayed in during the duration of our trip. Within a months time my husband and I rented 12 rooms from the Hilton and when I asked for complementary internet they said I wasn't a preferred member so I had to pay full price. If all that wasn't bad enough, we used our phone card to call home and set up our travel arraignments, the hotel still charged us for using their phone. Don't stay here, it's over priced and inconsiderate of their guests.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cardak1990
Dear cardak1990,

Thank you for taking sharing your views on the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I am disappointed to hear that you have not enjoyed your stay with us. We offer complimentary wifi in all public areas of the hotel and there is a charge for internet in the guestrooms. When using a phone card there is a small charge of 20c per connection.

I have noted your feedback regarding our team members and this has been shared with the Front Office Manager for further investigation.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future.

Tampa, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The good:
- Hotel itself is beautiful and well maintained

- The room was spacious with a comfy bed, great large bathroom. And enough towels! Most of the places we stayed at were stingy with the towels, but there were plenty so I could have a bath at night and still have towels for the morning.

- The restaurant: good food at dinner with a good variety, and a very good breakfast

- The entertainment: It was a Friday night and they have a duo in the restaurant who are very talented, lots of fun, great at engaging the crowd

The excellent:
Sean, the shuttle driver. We couldn't figure out where to park our rental car when we arrived, so he came down to the garage and helped us find a spot. Then when he found out we were leaving the next day, he suggested I follow him back to the airport on his next run (offering to leave a few minutes early) so I could find the rental car return, return the car, then ride with him to the airport for a pick up and back to the hotel. This way we wouldn't have to hassle in the morning with returning the car. Such a genuinely nice man, very concerned with our comfort and convenience. He definitely went above and beyond!

The not so good:
- Location. This isn't exactly right at the airport (only the Radisson and the Clarion are), and we had a tough time finding it. Actually had to stop at the Clarion for directions.

- WiFi: Like all Hiltons, it isn't free. But it is free in the lobby and restaurants, so I was able to check email, log in for our flight, etc. while having dinner.

- Check In: There was only one person at the check in desk when we arrived, and there were 8 people in front of us, including 3 airline personnel. There was a family group checking in (multiple kids, multiple adults) and it looked like there must have been some issue as they took around 15 minutes just for that group. Once we did finally make it to the counter the woman there was very apologetic, very nice, but I still think as the line grew they should have added more help.

- Shuttle charge: This is the first hotel I have ever been charged for the airport shuttle. It's 2 Euro, which isn't bad but it's the principle of the charge.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hi mzhelen,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience of the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I know we have been in contact offline previously but I would like to take the opportunity to thank you once again for your lovely comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

If you are looking for a nice, comfortable stop after a long overnight flight, this is a perfect place to be for a night or two. Staff is friendly and welcoming. The rates were low enough that I booked a room for the night of my flight in order to be sure to get into the room on arrival at 6:00am. Complimentary shuttle worked well, check in was fast, and the room comfortable and clean. Breakfast was plentiful and dining prices reasonable. Not the fanciest, but it gets the job done well. Would happily stay there again when in transit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hi floridaherkimer,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of the Hilton Dublin Airport.

We are absolutely delighted that you have enjoyed you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Claire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#65 of 153 in Dublin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,255 reviews
Dublin Skylon Hotel
#33 of 153 in Dublin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,747 reviews

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!