“location and comfort”

Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane
Ranked #32 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Stayed in maldron hotel on 1/8 on an overnight package for phantom of the opera, excellent value, we had one nights b&b, 3 course evening meal, voucher for bottle of house wine which could be used at any time in your stay, most people chose to use this in bar after show and 2 tickets to phantom all for 250euro.Check in was excellent, staff look great in their uniforms we were upgraded to a kingsize room as we were celebrating our wedding anniversary,room was large/ very clean, bed comfortable and they had even left a card for us, nice touch.Hotel is great for location to theatre really is few mins walk.You can order room service with some dishes available 24hrs or reception has some local takeaway menus which can be delivered to hotel.This is a large busy hotel and found that this showed at breakfast time where food done buffett style was plentiful but had no flavour and management really should remove the two little blue bins staff use to clear plates they were too small and overflowing on to floor and saw staff member empty tea pot face down on this waste and then reuse straight away for another table!!!.We would stay here again and would recommend, but work on breakfast and you really would have a first class premises.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Hello smilercork,
Thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us but I am disappointed to hear that our standards were not met during the breakfast period. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention; I will ensure your feedback is utilised correctly and hope this will not deter you from staying with Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed saturday for our wedding anniversary. Great value, friendly staff and brilliant location for the theatre accross the road. Breakfast was nice.
I would recommend this very highly I have stayed in more expensive hotels which did not have the same standard.

Room Tip: The theatre side rooms have a balcony.

Hello KJR9,
Thank you for the review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane and recommending us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will make sure your feedback is passed on. Keep an eye on our website for our special offers and packages.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

I have just returned from a Saturday night in this hotel and was very impressed. I chose the hotel for its proximity to Dublin's Bord Gais Energy Theatre which was literally across the road. We arrived at about 12.30pm on the Saturday to find our room ready for us, usual check-in time is 2pm. We were checked in quickly and efficiently by trainee receptionist Kara who gave us information about both the hotel and surrounding area including local coffee bars and restaurants.
Our room was on the 6th floor overlooking a courtyard at the back of the hotel which we had requested as it is quieter. Only the front rooms have balconies but for a one night's stay we weren't concerned about this. The room was huge with a double and a single bed, 3 armchairs and a circular glass topped table by the window. This was a lovely spot to sit and read the paper and had a bright standard lamp beside it. The wardrobe was large with lots of hangers and shelf space as well as a built in ironing station complete with both trouser press and ironing board. There were extra pillows in sealed bags on the top shelf plus a hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities. The beds were extremely comfortable with lightweight summer quilts and attractive striped throws. The room however would have benefitted from air conditioning although I didn't expect to need that in Ireland! On the wall was a flat screen interactive tv with free internet access, music playlists, hotel info and an alarm facility. The bathroom was small but fully equipped with soft fluffy towels and branded toiletries.
We were staying on a bed and breakfast basis. Breakfast is served between 7 and 11am and consists of a hot buffet with bacon, sausages, eggs, beans and black and white pudding. There were several varieties of cereal, bowls of fresh fruit, yoghurt, fruit juices as well as croissants and pastries. Bowls of creamy porridge were also available. On arrival at the restaurant we were shown to a table by a really friendly Northern Irish guy called Martin who brought us large pots of tea and coffee. Everything was absolutely delicious.
After checking out we discovered that it was raining heavily but Martin arranged a taxi for us and even offered us umbrellas free of charge. He couldn't have been more helpful and whatever they are paying him it isn't enough.
The hotel foyer has internet stations as well as a facility to charge your mobile phone which I thought was very convenient. Each floor has vending machines containing alcoholic and soft drinks and snacks. The is also an ice dispenser and each room has an ice bucket.
A really nice touch I thought was that there was a birthday card in our room for my mother who was celebrating her birthday.
Prior to my stay I was in contact via email on several occasions with a lady called Beata Rydel who was very helpful when arranging my booking. Altogether I was very impressed with this hotel and will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

Hello angiefitzp,
Thank you for leaving a detailed review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane.
I am delighted to see you were so well looked after by the staff here.
I will ensure that your feedback is passed onto the excellent team I have here in the hotel.
We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Booked this hotel for a one night stay after reading good reviews.Must say I was mostly impressed. Great welcome from the front desk staff and from all the other staff in the various restaurants and bars.Room excellent and well attended to .Very central hotel to all the theatre around this area.Will return.

Room Tip: Car parking available near hotel,but do book in advance.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello Berlitz,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane.
I am delighted to see you have had such a pleasant stay with us here. Our location is ideal with 5 top venues in Dublin. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Arrived early from London for the first night stay on a CIE tour and we were checked in promptly which allowed my wife to take a quick nap while I went out and explored the area. This hotel is in a good location close to the Theater, a harbor area and the river. There are several good restaurants and bars in the area and it is close enough to walk to Trinity and other locations if you like to walk and explore. The rooms were nice with a modern decor. The rooms were larger than what we had in London and were clean and well maintained. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet even though there was some road maintenance construction going on outside. We had breakfast at the hotel which was included in our package. The food was fine but I am not sure how much it would have cost if we were paying seperately.

Given what we read later about Dublin this location seemed to be very safe and convenient and I would consider staying here if I was in the area again. There seemed to be a lot of international folks working in the area as well based on our dinner conversations.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Hello tarheeltraveler4509,
Thank you very much for leaving a pleasant review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

I stayed here 3 times in April and May 2012 for business. Huge, comfortable, modern and clean rooms. Rooms overlooking the road were very noisy, ask for a room at the back, they're very quiet. Breakfast is excellent, although it gets very crowded at 8am, try to go at 7:45! Ask for a room with wi-fi, if there's no wi-fi, they give you a really long cable, so that you can get online while laying down!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Hello BAR07,
Thank you for the review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us again. As you said you stayed a few times with us for business purposes.
Please email my Guest Relations Manager - gr.cardifflane@maldronhotels.com, when you wish to stay with us again and we will ensure you are well looked after. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

We booked in for two nights and opted to stay for a third. All staff were friendly, efficient and welcoming. We were especially taken by a young ginger haired man called Glen, his enthusiasm and eagerness to please was impressive. This is a well-appointed hotel with good facilities at reasonable prices which included free broadband in our room and free Wi-Fi in the Reception area. Our room was spotless, of a good size with comfortable beds. We will return to The Maldron in the future.

Hello Johnctp,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is a pleasure to see you had such a great stay with us. I will ensure that your feedback is passed onto the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.