“Superb Location”

Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane
Ranked #34 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Stayed here for five nights on a trip to Dublin. The hotel was very clean, stylish and the staff could not do enough to help you. The hotel was chosen by us because of its location, a short walk into the city centre. Used the swimming pool facilities which were also very clean. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Hello Marilyn K, Thank you for the great review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane and recommending us. I am happy to see that our hotels standards were of high benefit to you on your trip. Do look out for our special offers on our website as I hope to have my staff welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Stayed in this hotel last weekend on a short relaxing trip to Dublin. That was such a beautiful, stylish, clean hotel with very helpful staff. Good choice of tasty food both at breakfast and in the evening. Used gym and swimming pool facilities - very clean and again friendly staff in these areas. The hotel is situated a short walking distance to shopping areas/city centre. Overall excellent hotel in Dublin city for price paid. Will definitely stay again.

1  Thank ForeglenLady

Hello ForeglenLady, Thank you for reviewing the Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane and for such a wonderful feedback which I will ensure is passed on to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Stayed at the Maldron for a weekend with friends. A very clean and modern hotel with a great atmosphere, excellent food and staff were so helpful. Central location within pleasant walking distance from the city centre. Would highly recommend the Maldron to anyone visiting Dublin.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Hello Annie M, I am delighted to see you had such an enjoyable stay with us here in Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. Do keep an eye out on our website for great deals. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Just back from a short break to Dublin and our second stay in the Maldron - it will DEFINITELY NOT be our last!
The hotel is modern, stylish and super clean! The staff are excellent, knowledgeable and so, so customer focused! The room was so clean, fresh and airy! The view from the second floor end balcony was just so pretty at night! The food in Stir restaurant was really Scrummy, the only one flaw - the chicken liver pâté needed to be homemade, not processed and sliced! Excellent swimming and gym facilities too! We will definitely be returning any time we visit the city - well done!!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Hello elfy70, Thank you for the review you posted on Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am glad to see that you had a pleasant short break at the Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane but also disappointed to hear that your dining experience with us was not satisfactory. I do hope this will not deter you from visiting us in the future.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Maldron Cardiff Lane.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stayed in the Maldron a few weeks ago for the first time. I was impressed with it the moment I got there. The reception staff were very helpful. Absolutely no complaints with the room, lots of space, lovely bathroom and a balcony area. The location was perfect. Near enough to walk to O'Connell bridge. Breakfast is good value although there are places within walking distance that do a nice breakfast. There is wireless internet in public areas but rooms have only an ethernet connection which is no good for iPad. Other than that everything is great. Going back again in December!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Hello RachelJWalsh, On behalf of my staff I thank you for the wonderful review of our Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane and assure you that I will certainly pass on your kind words to my staff. I am happy to see you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us recently and you will be coming back to the Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in December.
Thank you for the feedback of your experience with our internet connection which will be investigated.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Stayed one night in two family rooms which were warm and clean. Great location 15 mins walk to city centre. Nice friendly staff with spacious clean leisure centre. Food nice in bar. Taxis outside door and Luas across river. Overall great value for money

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Hello gerryg1234, Thank you for the lovely review you gave to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am glad to hear that my staff played a part in making your family’s stay a delight. Do remember to check out our website for special family packages when making your next booking. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Maldron Cardiff Lane in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Be it the opulence and asthetics or the smiley service and treats - the Maldron lived up to expectations in every way possible!!
We were greeted at check in with very friendly staff who allowed us to check in early (he actually found us another room to facilitate this).....we were simply spolit with complimentary treats including dressing gowns in our room which made for a comfortable evening of pre dinner drinks.
Having been tempted by the discounted room, we were thrilled to be given a complimentary upgrade to an executive suite which all but matched the special surprise that I had planned for my better half......she said yes by the way ;)
The swimming pool is worth a mention, my restless girlfriend/fiancee' enjoyed an early morning dip/sauna as I lay my lazy behind in bed. This facility was included in the price of the room.
Outside of the allure and comeliness lies an equally spectacular city - the point of this review is not to boast about it's greatness and purity but worth mentioning that small 20 minute walk along the canal and you are greeted with the ever popular temple bar region which lived up to it's reputation of comedy, music, storytelling and decadence ;)
All in all this is money well spent! We can't wait to go back, enjoy..............

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Hello Nicholas P
First I want to congratulate you and your fiancé and wish you both a great future together. I would also like to thank you for the great feedback you’ve written for the Maldron Cardiff Lane hotel and assure you that I will most certainly pass on your kind words to my members of staff.
I look forward to welcoming you and your fiancé to the Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.