“Maldron Hotel Dublin - Best Choice!”

Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane
Ranked #33 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
blackpool
“Maldron Hotel Dublin - Best Choice!”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

We have just returned from a five day break in Dublin where we saw Richard Clayderman at the National Concert Hall.

The Maldron Hotel, Cardiff Lane, Dublin exceeded our expectations in all areas of our stay. The bedrooms were large with all facilities you expect and more. From dressing gowns and slippers, complimentary water, excellent housekeeping service and a large king size comfortable bed, just what you need at the end of the day. I would recommend the executive rooms for that extra comfort that included a lounge area with sofa and easy chairs.

The food and beverage options were varied with both a TDH and main menu in the Stir Restaurant; a quick bite menu in the Lobby Bar whilst the Vertigo Bar offered a hot multi choice menu throughout the day.

The staff were excellent; service was attentive and personal. Customer Service clearly a genuine focus and the desire to deliver to us.

Breakfast was a great start to our days and set us up with a large choice to tempt us.

We will be back and would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Dublin. It's ideally based by the Liffey with a short distance away from the busting City Centre and yet, you are still close to all amenities.

Thanks to all Management and Staff for a wonderful stay

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quiet; overlook a pathed water feature area and backs onto office...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Hello TrueCrit,

It brings me great pleasure to read your detailed review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane.
I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to see you were so well looked after by the staff here and that you enjoyed the food and the level of customer service you received. I will ensure that your positive feedback is passed on to my team. I look forward to welcoming you both back again to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the very near future.

Conor O' Kane,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 7 nights at the maldron.

the location was right next to the office where I was working, so it was very convenient. The rooms were neat and very spacious. It was serviced very nicely too everyday. I was a regular at the breakfast table which I thought was very good. get a B&B package if you can, it is worth it. They offer good spa and sauna facilities.

Couple of spoilers that I had were,
1) Issues with billing while checking out. Payment was made from a different card from the one through the booking was guaranteed, etc. But the receptionist took all care to resolve it quickly.
2) The dinner that me and my friend ordered (pizza) was stale and not very nice.

all in all, good place to stay if you are traveling to Dublin would surely recommend despite the glitches.

• Stayed November 2012
Hello AnushGurunath,

Thank you for taking your time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and the use of our Leisure Facilities
I am proud to see that even though a slight issue arose with your stay, this was dealt with in a prompt and professional manner.

I will ensure that your feedback is passed on and utilised correctly.
We hope to see you back very soon.

Conor O Kane,
Dungannon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Just want to express our thanks to the wonderful staff at the Maldron Hotel, this is not the first time we have stayed here and once again the service was second to none, the staff are so friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is situated within walking distance of the shops so it was perfect for our shopping trip and as always the hotel was immaculate and the food was delicious. Thanks Maldron staff and management for a stress free trip to Dublin! :-)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello PaulaH,

It brings me great pleasure to read your review and thank you for your loyalty.
I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us again, very happy to read that you enjoyed the food and the level of customer service delivered each time you visit.

We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and I will ensure your feedback is passed on to the team that I have here. I look forward to welcoming you back again to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the very near future.

Conor O Kane,
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Stayed here on a Saturday night in November for a theatre break. Good location in the refurbished dock area adjacent to the Bord Gais Theatre and just across the Liffey from the O2. Clean, modern, spacious rooms some with balconies and river views, ask for one above the third floor. Welcoming bar and bistro, relaxed atmosphere, good quality bar food and lunchtime carvery and Sky Sports on all day. Free wifi and street parking outside the hotel at the weekend. It takes about 10-15 minutes to stroll into Templebar along the river, would be lovely in the summer with plenty of pubs and cafes en route. Pool and spa on site are a bonus although I cant comment on the detail as I didnt use them.

Hello Mark M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Do keep an eye on our website for great deals on your next visit. We will hopefully see you again very soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We decided to try this hotel again as we were going to a concert in the O2. I can only say this time was amazing. We got a gorgeous room with an amazing view. We had a meal which was included in our package and it was outstanding. The last time we were there we weren't impressed with the menu but this time it was just perfect. Good sized portions and staff were extremely attentive, Only 2 real issues 1.) we tried to print out a discount voucher from the computer and printer there but it wouldn't work, we also tried to book tickets on-line for the Guinness Storehouse but the page was blocked so we couldn't avail of the discount on-line. When we asked a staff member about this they said to just buy tickets at the venue but we were looking to save a little bit of money. I was a last minute decision to do it so unfortunately we didn't book tickets at home. 2.) we booked late check out on-line but it didn't show up on the system, however the gentleman at reception quickly fixed this issue for us, we decided to check out half and hour before we were due to so we could look around town, but as we left the room housekeeping were standing outside waiting. I don't know if it was coincidence or if they were waiting for us to leave but it felt a little awkward.

All in all a hotel I will definitely stay in again. Town is a 20 minute walk or 5 minutes to the luas, great access to both the Bord Gais Energy Centre and the O2. Extremely impressed. Thank you to all staff involved!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello Danielk89,

Thank you for your review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane and for providing your feedback. We really appreciate our guests taking the time to review the hotel and providing us with some constructive feedback where we can learn and improve our services.

I am sorry to see you were dissatisfied with some parts of your stay. I understand your frustration regarding the printer and I will investigate into why you were unable to book the Guinness Storehouse online.

I will ensure that your lovely comments are passed on to the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Tralee
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Stayed in the maldron and was very happy with the standard of service that we received while we were there. The staff were more than helpful and we had a very relaxing time. The atmosphere was great in the bar and we had a really lovely meal in the restaurant before going into the city center which is only a short taxi ride away. We will stay here again when we go back to Dublin.

Hello HelloEveryone101,

Thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted that you fully enjoyed your stay here and that my staff were very helpful. Keep an eye out on our website for fantastic deals on your next visit.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon the Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.

Conor O’Kane,
Dingle, Ireland
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This was a very enjoyable visit to Dublin and choosing the Maldron was an excellent choice and I can strongly recommend it to everyone. The service was great, the room was very comfortable, the food in the restaurant was delicious and overall the standard of the hotel was great. When i am back in Dublin again I won't waste my time looking around for a place to stay, if there is availability in the Maldron then that's where I will be going, for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Hello VeryHappy152,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review of the Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane and for recommending us. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the food and the level of customer service delivered during your stay.
I will pass on your feedback to all the departments involved in making your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.