Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
The Alex(Dublin)
4,455 results
All reviewsstir restaurantbord gais theatrevertigo bargrand canal theatreconvention centerleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkquality hotelduty manageracross the riverlovely hotelwould highly recommend this hotelenjoyable staytemple baraviva stadiumo'connell street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane was a pleasant surprise. From the minute you walk in the doors, the service of the staff was friendly, helpful and welcoming.

The hotel has a lounge, a restaurant, a gym (which is better than most hotel gyms), pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, and a helpful Concierge.

The hotel restaurant serves breakfast which was great. It was a buffet that offered a large variety of choices.

The rooms were large, very clean and very comfortable. We even received a balcony room with nice views.

The only thing other reviewers complained about was the location however within a 10-15 minute walk all along one road on the river, you will get right to Temple Bar with many restaurants, bars and shops and most sights such as the Dublin Castle. As a New Yorker, this was a normal walk.

The hotel is also along many airport bus lines and taxis can be found at any time.

i would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: I booked through Hotwire and did not have the breakfast included in my rate, however it was only 10 Euro per person so if you are not sure about including the breakfast and the room rate makes a big difference, you can always decide to add it on later. If it's already included in the rate at a decent price, the breakfast is definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelBugNatty
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear TravelBugNatty,
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is wonderful to see you had an excellent experience here with us and made use of all the facilities we have to offer. I am so glad that all the team here made you feel welcome and helped wherever possible. I will make sure your kind words are passed on. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Dublin.
General Manager.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed here a fortnight ago. Parking a disaster, car park was full, driving for half an hour trying to get a parking space. Finally got the last remaining parking space. Got lost twice walking to hotel. Room was bland, very basic. breakfast inedible. Sausages and bacon inedible. Waited 20 minutes for poached eggs. when they finally arrived tasted as if I was drinking a bottle of vinegar ! Told the waiter, he did not care less, just cleared the table ! Would not recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear irl2013,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recant stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I appreciate the time you took to explain the issues you encountered and thank you for bringing them to my attention. It is through honest feedback like yours that allows us to continue to improve our services at the hotel.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues that arose during your time with us. I can assure you this is not our usual standard of customer care.
I would be very grateful to you if you would contact me on my mobile to discuss the matter further, +353 87 968 2123.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Warm Regards,
Conor O’Kane

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Staff was friendly at reception, got checked in early to my room whcih was nice. Bathrooms were modern, room was showing a bit of wear and tear. The reason I gave it a 3 was that my room was really warm and there was no way to cool it down. The offered me a fan which was bought to my room 20 mintues after I asked about it and it was a tiny little fan that did nothing. Maybe having no air conditioning is normal for European travelers but for a US traveler having the ability to cool your room off is a must have and would prevent me ever staying here again. If you don't mind a warm room (they did say it had been a very hot summer but that isn't really my problem) and don't need to control the tempreture in your oom you will like this hotel, for this reason I did not like it and wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear AZTVLR71,
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is through honest feedback like yours that we can continue to improve the quality of our product and services. I am very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Unfortunately it is not a requirement for four star establishments to provide air-conditioning but this does not excuse the fact that the fan was not satisfactory. If our Duty Manager had been made aware at the time we could have helped with an alternative solution.
Warm Regards,
Conor O’Kane

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had a one night stay here for a concert at the O2 arena.
Found reception a little cold but were told we had our room upgraded.
The hotel has an arrangement with a nearby car park that was great value.
Rooms are fair size for city centre well appointed and tidy.
The staff at the leisure facility were great but you will need a swimcap to use the pool.
Breakfast offered a good variety of well prepared food though it will get buy at peak time, the restaurant staff were attentive and pleasant.
The hotel is within easy walking of the City centre and the local area is well maintained having benefited from recent regeneration.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear don h,
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted to here you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything went well on your visit to Dublin. Unfortunately it is the Law in Ireland that every person in a public swimming pool must wear a swimming cap.
We pride ourselves in our high standard of customer care at the hotel and it is wonderful to see that it reflected in your stay. All the team here look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Very, very good quality for price. Comfortable, clean, well-organized place. Maybe not in a direct center (if you consider touristic "to dos"), but we walked everywhere on foot. Couldn't think of anything, which would be bad, seriously.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Dear aniulkaa,
Thank you very much for your kind review regarding your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, I am delighted to hear your visit to Dublin was enjoyable and that the hotel contributed to your successful vacation. All the team look forward to welcoming you back soon.