“Perfectly located for a theatre night in Dublin”

Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane
Ranked #33 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The Maldron is perfectly located for a theatre trip to Dubin. Arrive in Dublin, check in and all you have to do is walk across the road to the BGE Theatre. The foyer, bar and lounge are all full of atmosphere and great to hang out in/snack/eat. Rooms are great, very comfy and well appointed. Breakfast is great, good selection, well prepared and very good value at €10. I would definitely come again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear lorayned,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the location was perfect for you. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere and our breakfast offering. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane on your next trip to the theatre.

General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,202)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had tickets to the theatre and booked a room at the last minute. We got a good deal which included b&b and an evening meal, and how surprised we were. The food was excellently prepared and beautifully presented by Peter (chef) and we had the pleasure of being waited on by a very friendly but unobtrusive gentleman named Ante. Our hotel room though small, was very clean and well kept. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear buddybehey,

I sincerely thank you for providing your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am truly delighted to hear that you and your guest thoroughly enjoyed your evening meal in Stir Restaurant and please be assured I will pass on your warming comments to Peter and Ante. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane on your next trip to the theatre.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed here in the spring of 2013.The hotel, was very nice. The restaurant is worth visiting. The staff was very helpful. Rooms were clean, warm and quite large. Health club is A+. The weather was the absolute PITS (no fault of the hotel)... You could say everything was within walking distance but.... If you are driving just be aware you will have quite a walk to your parking area. No fun in inclement weather. All in all we would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015

Dear Shamus780

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane has recently re-branded as Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane. We are currently reviewing all historic reviews both positive and constructive feedback so as to enhance guest experience moving forward. We hope to see you again soon at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane and once again thank you for your contribution.

Kind regards,
Conor O’Kane

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I went on a business trip for 3 weeks Feb 2014) - hotel was quite ok, rooms were specious and tidy. Cleaning service is doing a great job. Staff was pretty friendly there was however a HUGE problem with taxis that were supposed to pick us up every day. It only improved after a management intervention as before we had to wait 30 - 45 minutes(!) in the morning to get a cab.
Other than that organizational issue it was really ok, SPA area is great as for 3.5 star hotel in my opinion - 2 saunas, swimmingpool and a jaccuzi+ nice size gym, exercise class.

Good localization also.

I would rate it (as for european standards 3.5 stars).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Magdalena B

Dear Magdalena B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I sincerely apologize for the issues regarding the taxis in the morning and I am glad that our management team was able to fix it. It is wonderful to hear that the accommodation team is doing a great job and you enjoyed our facilities in Club Vitae. The team and I hope we have to opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Went to the maldron hotel in Cardiff lane on Tuesday last minute decision. It was amazing staff were very helpful especially the duty manager Martin o Kane who couldn't be more helpful and made our stay very enjoyable he was fantastic.it was close to everything we needed and the rooms perfect. cant wait to find another reason to go back very soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sarah s,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. It is wonderful to hear that you and your guest enjoyed your time with us at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. Please be assured that I will pass on your glowing comments to Martin and the rest of the team. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times before and they have always been very helpful. I arrived early but they were able to get me a room quickly. I love the Health club especially the pool. Breakfast is excellent. The staff were so helpful. Especially Valeria, who helped me with several issues and took time to help with a complex question. the location is good, I could walk wherever I needed to go, but cabs are readily available. So once again I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ladyv2,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experiences in Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found Club Vitae’s facilities of an excellent standard. Please be assured I will pass on your warming comments to Valeria and all the team. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane on your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This was my third time staying in this hotel. The location is so handy for the bord gais theatre. I was on my own the first time, with my daughter the second and with my two sisters this time. The hotel caters for all! The room is good and value for money. The breakfast is average I would recommend going elsewhere. The bar has a nice atmosphere. Will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear bluegarnetfrog,

Thank you for reviewing your past stays in Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is wonderful you have always enjoyed the atmosphere and deemed us good value for money. I am sorry you have not enjoyed breakfast but I am glad to inform you that we have now expanded our breakfast offering. I hope we have to opportunity to welcome you back soon.