“Very Friendly Staff”

Ranked #33 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Killarney, Ireland
“Very Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

A group of us stayed here last Friday as we were going to see Warhorse. There were 4 adults and 7 kids so we had family rooms. It was spot on! The staff make it - they are all very friendly and helpful. They ensured we got rooms together and were very accommodating at breakfast - putting the kids at one table and placing the adults at another. The kids used the pool both days and the staff here were also just great. The hotel itself is spotless and the rooms really very nice. It is directly across the road form the Bord Gais Theatre so you are not struggling to find a taxi back to accommodation after. I really could't rate the staff highly enough. It is a 20 minute walk into town which is fine if nice weather. The only down side is the street approaching hotel is dirty and Dublin City Council should get their street sweepers out as that is all is required to improve the overall look of the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear jaock,

Thank you very much for sharing your glowing feedback regarding your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I sincerely hope you and your family enjoyed the show. I am truly delighted to hear the team helped to provide a memorable family experience. Please be assured I will share your warming comments with all the team. We all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane on your next trip to the theatre.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hailsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We recently had a 4 day break in Dublin staying at the Maldron Hotel , great location just outside the city centre but only a 10min walk from the main sites , really good facilities and restaurants. Would highly recommend

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sean N,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is fantastic that you enjoyed your four day break with us in Dublin. The team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to the city.

ireland
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here in March because of its location opposite the bge theatre. Check in took 10 to 15 minutes despite the fact the booking was made through the hotel's own website. There's no excuse for this.If receptionists cannot follow the booking confirmation printout, maybe the process needs reviewing or proper training should be provided. It shouldn't need a phone call to sort out. First impressions last & this wasn't good!!
The room was a good size & spotlessly clean. It overlooked a "courtyard" & was very quiet.
The bathroom was tiny but adequate & again spotlessly clean. There was a strange smell off the towels, may have been the detergent used but it was unpleasant.
The free wifi worked fine.
Even in March the room was uncomfortably hot which caused a disturbed night's sleep. Air conditioning would be a huge bonus.
Breakfast was bad value for money. Poor selection of fresh fruit & pastries. Didn't have the hot option so can't comment on it. There should be seperate rates for continental & full breakfast. No problems at checkout. Would stay here again if going to a show but it's a little far out if on a shopping trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear eilsIreland,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am terribly sorry to hear that your first impression was not a good one. I sincerely apologize for the uncomfortable sleep you had. Unfortunately we do not have air-conditioning in our rooms but do have the availability of portable fans on request. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and utilized fully by our management team. Thank you for brining these issues to my attention.

New Ross, Ireland
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We booked this hotel because we were there to see a show at 8:00 in the O2. First of all we arrived at around 5:30 in the evening had to wait 30mins to get checked in (apparently stapling papers is more important). Up we went to the rooms and they were clean and sufficient but OMG the heat was unbearable and this effected my nights sleep. After settling into the rooms we headed down to the bar to get something to eat (6:30) before we headed of to the show. The menu is non-existent 3 terrible options but I made do. However my sister is a very picking eater and just wouldn't eat any of the options. When she asked the chef if she could have a ham sandwich she was rudely and abruptly told NO. Now I've been in many hotels but this is a first that you can't make a ham sandwich at 6:30 in the evening. At this point it was too late to go anywhere else to eat so my sister was now forced to go HUNGRY to the show. After a great night out in Dub we arrived back at the hotel 2:30 in the morning my sister again asked the porter if she could get a sandwich and was again told NO. So up we went to room now with no other option but to order room service (from the same porter!) and pay far over the price for the food. Next morning got up and had to wait 20 mins to be seated for breakfast (which is also sub-par) at this stage after my lack of sleep completely drained by the heat in the hotel queuing for food I was now feeling weak and had to take a couple moments at the table before I could even steady myself to get food. When we checked out we had yet another wait. At this point I wanted to just throw the cards at the receptionist and run out of the place. When we checked out we were never even asked if we enjoyed our stay even though we had put in a complaint the night before Just thanks!
So overall yes this hotel is convenient to the local theatres yes it is clean but my God the heartache of the whole experience!!!! Not a hotel to return to.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Sibbs1979
Dear Sibbs1979,

I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention in your review above. I am very sorry to see you did not have a good stay with us here in Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane.
Please accept my sincerest apologies as this is far from our regular high standards of Customer Care. I would be most grateful if you could call me on my mobile, +353 87 968 2123 as I would like to discuss this matter with you.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

BELFAST
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel because of its location. Close to the O2 and Bord Glas Theatres. We got a good deal which included dinner and breakfast. Staff were kind and efficient and there was a lovely charm about them. The room fine and very clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear PMCA,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that the location was perfect for your needs. Please be assured I will pass on your kind words to the team. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane on your next trip to Dublin.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Staffs local knowledge of the area was a little lacking so the free wifi in the room was very useful to look up local shops and restaurants etc.
Good overall value.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Neill P,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your experience and that the team was friendly and helpful. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by our team’s apparent lack of knowledge on the local area. Please be assured this is not usual and your comments will be investigated and utilized fully. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next venture to Dublin.

Loughrea, Ireland
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Breakfast is tepid at a push. Food seemed to be piled high at start of breakfast and then that was it. Potential food poisoning threat comes to mind.. Said it to the gentleman and was sent up chocolates. will be having breakfast out in future should i stay there. Rooms are fine and found them clean. Got a rear room and it had sliding door with what i thought was a tad too low a guard rail Tea and coffee was a bit stingy . I have stayed in B&Bs where shampoo shower gel and pretty scented soaps are provided

• Stayed March 2014
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, 22 October 2015
Dear annfew

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane has recently re-branded as Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane. We are currently reviewing all historic reviews both positive and constructive feedback so as to enhance guest experience moving forward. We hope to see you again soon at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane and once again thank you for your contribution.

Kind regards,