Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane
  • Pool
  • Pool
The Alex(Dublin)
4,455 results
All reviewsstir restaurantbord gais theatrevertigo bargrand canal theatreconvention centerleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkquality hotelduty manageracross the riverlovely hotelwould highly recommend this hotelenjoyable staytemple baraviva stadiumo'connell street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed one night in this hotel, Staff were pleasant and helpful, Rooms clean however it was suppose to be a non smoking room but i could smell smoke. Hotel was quiet considering its location in the city center.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Susie7210
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Susie7210,

Thank you for taking your time and providing us with your feedback in regards to your stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience or discomfort caused by the smell of smoke. All our rooms are refreshed daily and we have designated smoking rooms. I am truly sorry if you were allocated one of these. I am delighted that all the team were helpful and helped to provide a pleasant stay. We all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed here as I was attending a concert in the Bord Gais Theatre, it's literally across the road so couldn't be handier or more convenient. The staff were friendly, room was lovely and the food was very good too, especially dinner. The only negatives were minor ones - the TV reception was poor on a lot of channels but as we were only there one night it really wasn't an issue.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yvonne E

Dear Yvonne E,

I would like to thank you for commenting on your recent experience at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. As one of our logos say “Our location deserves a standing ovation” and I am very glad you found it to your convenience. TV reception greatly depends on the weather, however the feedback on your minor concern is appreciated. The team and I hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to the theatre.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a large modern hotel directly behind the Bord Gais Theatre in one of the newly developed areas of the Dublin docklands. The bedrooms are large and very comfortable. The breakfast room is very large but can become very busy at peak times. The buffet selection is very extensive. The coffee could be better but that is the case in most hotels I find. There is a leisure centre with a good 22-metre swimming pool in the basement and it opens at 6.30am in the morning. There are several good restaurants plus a late night shop in the area in front of the theatre. A 5 minute walk across the bridge over the river will take you to the nearest Luas tram stop (Mayor Square) and you can be in the centre in 6 or 7 minutes. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Teleworker,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am pleased that you enjoyed our facilities including Club Vitae which won the White Flag Award for exceptional customer service in 2013. With regards to your feedback about breakfast, we run at a very high occupancy level, and unfortunately, at times we are not able to seat people as quickly as we would like as a result of this. Thank you very much for your observation regarding our coffee, please be assured your comments will be utilized fully. I know these were minor concerns but we sincerely appreciate your feedback. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

If you are going to Dublin's convention center the Maldron is a great location. Just across the River Liffey so a short walk and a nice view of the convention center. The hotel has a nice Irish breakfast buffet with everything one expects in an Irish breakfast. We had a business meeting and the catered lunch and snacks were quite good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear SMPerle,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay at the Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast experience in STIR restaurant. I hope your conference in the Convention Center went well. We all hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane on your next business trip to Dublin.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I am not easily impressed but Cardiff Lane was an impressive experience!
The amount of care Cardiff Lane provides for their guests is incredible.
The stay was not perfect. The beds are hard, uncomfortable, and my daughter even experienced back pain during our 3rd night.
The awful beds and old rooms are easily forgotten when the staff steps up and shines like the staff in Cardiff Lane did.
Pat, the restaurant waiter is a true professional and he was very polite and helpful.
However, the biggest star of the hotel is definitely a young man named Marco. The gentleman is working at the reception and he is a perfect example of how a tourism and hospitality employee should talk and act. I worked in hotels myself and I was nothing short of delighted by this young man. Surely he will move up fast.
On a separate note, the breakfast was very busy, felt like we were eating breakfast in a factory.
But like I already mentioned, every bad thing about the hotel is made up by a brilliant staff roster. On our second trip to Dublin we will surely stay with Cardiff Lane again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Mary J,

I would like to thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay despite the issues you had with the beds, which I do apologise for. Please be assured I will pass on your praise to Marko and Pat. It is wonderful to hear that the team made your stay a memorable one. We all look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin.

Conor O’Kane,