“Clean and updated”

Ranked #33 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Singapore, Singapore
“Clean and updated”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was in Dublin on a business trip and wasn't sure where to stay. My colleagues had tried out this hotel in the past, and said they were happy with it. I must say, it is one of the "newer" hotels I have been to in Europe. The rooms are updated with flat screen TV and customer service was very good.

One big thing I am always fussy about are toilets and bathtubs when I go to hotels. The hotel had clean bathtubs and it seemed very clean. So I was happy about that.

The only thing that could be better is the elevator. It is a little small and for someone who is travelling across Europe for several meetings, I have a lot of things ina big lugguage. So it could be better to have bigger elevators that also work faster.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RockyCH
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear RockyCH,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel offers a complimentary porterage service and you are most welcome to utilize that service on your next stay with us. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.

Conor O’Kane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Hungarian first

+ Spacious room
+ Clean
+ Wifi
+ Excellent spa
- Bathroom, large but with ugly curtian showers and no place for personnal things
- Terrible breakfast and food
- Too soft mattress

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank PaDu186
Dear PaDu186,

Thank you for very much for commenting on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. Rest assured that your feedback is very important to us. We provide a complimentary safe box for our guests who wish to use it. The team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane on your next trip to Dublin.

Conor O’Kane,
Alcochete, Portugal
Reviewed 7 June 2014

When I travel do Dublin I like to stay in this Maldron. For those who need to stay around Grand Canal, it's a very good choice. For me the Leisure Centre is a plus, it has a nice swiming pool. On the negative side, perhaps I would consider this hotel a bit "cold".

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CCF_MDL
Dear CCF_MDL,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted to hear that when you visit Dublin we are your first choice. Please let us know if you are too cold on your next stay and we would be more then happy to provide a portable heater for your room. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin.

Conor O’Kane,
General Manager.
Mons, Hainaut, Belgium
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My first room was for disabled people. Depressing. Had to upgrade to an executive room to have something decent. The lobby was freezy. The bedding is poor. The room is large and the bathroom small while it is a double room.

No mini bar in the room. Wifi is unpredictive. Worst hotel I have stayed in over the last 5 years.

No help to get seated at breakfast.

Plus, it is over expensive.

Same experience for a colleague.

OK, was close to the convention center. For the rest, I will try to forget it.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank dimitris462
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear dimitris462,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. Our reception team should have informed you that you have been allocated one of our disabled rooms. Unfortunately during times of high occupancy these rooms are used without request, however you should have been made aware of this at check in. Unfortunately, we do not have mini bars available in our rooms, however our guests are more than welcome to use the vending machines located on every floor. We also provide a 24/7 room service. Thank you for your feedback and please be assured it will be utilized fully.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed one night in this hotel, Staff were pleasant and helpful, Rooms clean however it was suppose to be a non smoking room but i could smell smoke. Hotel was quiet considering its location in the city center.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Susie7210
Dear Susie7210,

Thank you for taking your time and providing us with your feedback in regards to your stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience or discomfort caused by the smell of smoke. All our rooms are refreshed daily and we have designated smoking rooms. I am truly sorry if you were allocated one of these. I am delighted that all the team were helpful and helped to provide a pleasant stay. We all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed here as I was attending a concert in the Bord Gais Theatre, it's literally across the road so couldn't be handier or more convenient. The staff were friendly, room was lovely and the food was very good too, especially dinner. The only negatives were minor ones - the TV reception was poor on a lot of channels but as we were only there one night it really wasn't an issue.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yvonne E
Dear Yvonne E,

I would like to thank you for commenting on your recent experience at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. As one of our logos say “Our location deserves a standing ovation” and I am very glad you found it to your convenience. TV reception greatly depends on the weather, however the feedback on your minor concern is appreciated. The team and I hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to the theatre.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a large modern hotel directly behind the Bord Gais Theatre in one of the newly developed areas of the Dublin docklands. The bedrooms are large and very comfortable. The breakfast room is very large but can become very busy at peak times. The buffet selection is very extensive. The coffee could be better but that is the case in most hotels I find. There is a leisure centre with a good 22-metre swimming pool in the basement and it opens at 6.30am in the morning. There are several good restaurants plus a late night shop in the area in front of the theatre. A 5 minute walk across the bridge over the river will take you to the nearest Luas tram stop (Mayor Square) and you can be in the centre in 6 or 7 minutes. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Teleworker,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am pleased that you enjoyed our facilities including Club Vitae which won the White Flag Award for exceptional customer service in 2013. With regards to your feedback about breakfast, we run at a very high occupancy level, and unfortunately, at times we are not able to seat people as quickly as we would like as a result of this. Thank you very much for your observation regarding our coffee, please be assured your comments will be utilized fully. I know these were minor concerns but we sincerely appreciate your feedback. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.