“Pleasant stay in the city”

Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane
Ranked #33 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Wichita, Kansas
“Pleasant stay in the city”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Business trip, Sunday night arrival. Friendly hotel and bar staff, decent food. Breakfast was good with friendly staff. Bed was a little hammock shaped, but nice and firm. Everything clean and orderly. Location is great for biz traveler, may be slightly barren for holiday traveler. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Top floor was high enough to not hear the street. There is also a "back side" which is qu...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear NoIberostarFan,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I hope your business trip was a success. I am delighted you noticed our very high standard of cleanliness and I will make sure your nice comments are passed on to our housekeeping team. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.

Conor O’Kane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My 7 months business trip came to an end. I spent my entire stay at Maldron hotel Cardiff Lane and I really enjoyed it. I couldn’t have the better location – close to DART station, bus stop and what’s the most important very close to key attractions of Dublin and beautiful dockside.

Bedrooms are very spacious, nicely decorated and clean. During spring I especially enjoyed the rooms with balcony. Big desk, comfortable queen sized bed and guest corner with two armchairs gave me a lot of comfort.
Hotel has a great restaurant – high class cuisine – delicious and beautifully presented dishes. I personally recommend to try Irish Angus Beef Fillet - medium well of course. I cannot talk about restaurant without mentioning the best waiter in the world – Ante. Always enthusiastic, cheerful and kind person who makes every single dinner so enjoyable.

During such a long stay I really appreciated sport facilities. Swimming pool, Sauna, Jacuzzi, well equipped gym and finally group fitness classes allowed me to keep the balance between work and leisure. However for the greatest recognition definitely deserved Club Vitae crew. Beautiful blond girl at the reception and personal trainer Ciarian were actually my biggest motivation to visit that place regularly ;)

Individual approach to each guest, helpful, caring and incredibly kind stuff make this place so much different from the rest of 4 star hotels. Reception is a real pride of the Hotel. You can count on professional, smiling and willing to help Team whenever needed. Special thanks to Valeria – the most energetic Italian girl that I have ever met :)

Maldron Hotel offers very high standard and much more – amazing atmosphere which you will not find anywhere else.
I absolutely recommend this place and I would gladly come back there next time I’m in Dublin:)

Room Tip: Room with a balcony above the third floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Brygida88
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Brygida88,

Thank you for taking the time to review your extended stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. The team and I are delighted to have provided you with your home away from home and hope we can welcome you on your next trip to Dublin which will hopefully, after all your hard work, be a leisure one. I would also like to thank you for all your kind comments about our team, rest assured I will pass on your glowing comments to them. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.

Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

All of the staff here have been so busy pleasant and helpful. From planning a tour to where to get a good meal they have always been a great help. Only downfall I can find is no air conditioning or fan to circulate the air.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JenniandHolly
Dear JenniandHolly,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. Unfortunately, we do not have air conditioning in our rooms. On your next stay with us we would be more than happy to provide you with a complimentary fan. Thank you for your nice comments directed to our team, I will make sure they are passed on. We all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane on your next trip to Dublin.

Nashville
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night at the end of our Ireland tour. It was a more modern hotel and the rooms were very clean and spacious. The only thing that I would tell tourists is that you could find another hotel closer to the attractions in Dublin like the Temple Bar area. If you prefer a quiet hotel that's not in the heart of the action, then this one is great.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Amanda A
Dear Amanda A,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. We are delighted you noticed our very high standard of cleanliness. Our hotel is very well connected to the Temple Bar area and can be accessed on foot, by city bus or a taxi which we can organize for you. The team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very clean, modern hotel in Dublin. It's close to the dockside on and off bus tours. But if you like to walk, there are many things to do and see. Not that close, but certainly doable, to Trinity College and many other sights. You can pick up maps right at the desk and they try to help you out with directons.
They have an included "Irish Breakfast" with your room price which is very convenient. It's huge and has a lot of food. We had a very pleasant stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear trixietoni,

Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your experience at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and visited some of Dublin’s fine tourist sites which are within walking distance of our hotel. I am sure our “Full Irish Breakfast” provided you with enough energy to visit Trinity College and many other sites. The team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin.

Conor O’Kane,
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I have recently finished working in Dublin so I must have stayed there over 200 times and could not leave without giving them my fullest praise.
From my first stay until my last I was always so impressed with their service and desire to please the customer. The staff on reception were always eager to please the customers, the bar staff and room service always wanted to ensure that you were satisfied. And finally a shout out for Martin O'Kane the Duty Manager - I think he took up his role at Cardiff Lane at the same time as I started staying and he could never do enough to help.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Badabing666
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Badabing666,

Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your experience at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted to hear that you have continuously had excellent experiences during your stays. Rest assured I will pass on your glowing comments to all the team. I hope your work in Dublin went well. The team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane on your next trip to Dublin.

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 June 2014

What the hotel offers is enough to cover all your basic needs: speedy free Wi-fi, clean room, attentive staff and overall very good service. The only minus I could see was about the building location: your windows can be facing either a quite busy and noisy with traffic street or a quite neglected courtyard with bins.

Room Tip: I'd choose a room facing the courtyard for less noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank R1570EFVik
Dear R1570EFVik,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am truly sorry you did not find the view from your window to your liking. We try to accommodate our guests and allocate rooms to their preferences, whether that would be a balcony room, a room on a lower or a room on a higher floor. The team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.

Conor O’Kane,