“Disappointment ”

Ranked #33 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Limerick, Ireland
“Disappointment ”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Found this hotel ok, booked it with booking.com. Was staying on business/ leisure with friend, room was average and small, I'm not fussy but wasn't to my taste or value. Beds however were comfortable. Staff was excellent(best part of hotel) but many disappointments along the way, at evening time we wanted to ring to book a reservation for dinner through reception, no one on the desk(it was Sunday night).. Food on restaurant very disapointing, my friend had to return her prawns, would not eat here again. There was a few more issues which I left for hotel to see on comment list in room, it was never acknowledged. I don't think I would book here again :(

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank annamarie87
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear annamarie87,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am disappointed to hear your stay was not to your expectations. If you would be so kind to contact our Deputy General Manager at ifinnan@maldronhotels.com or our Guest Relations Manager Marko Markovic at gr.cardifflane@maldronhotels.com with your phone number and a convenient time for us to call you as we would like to further discuss the inconveniences you encountered. We all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane on your next trip to Dublin.

Conor O’Kane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Great front desk staff especially a young Spanish girl, very friendly and well up to standard of location knowledge. Breakfast was lovely, only down side was we couldn't stay
another night!:-) ps room service food is amazing especially the Thai green curry!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear magsmc21,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I would like to use this opportunity to sincerely thank you for your kind comments regarding our team which is one of, if not the biggest asset we have. The team and I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane so the only down side can be corrected.

Mundelein, Illinois
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We booked this hotel knowing it was a bit of a walk to city center in Dublin and we liked the price compared to "downtown" places. The hotel was wonderful, very clean, spacious and we had a fantastic dinner at the restaurant. It IS a long 20-30 minute walk to city center although. If you don't mind a nice, hearty, safe walk along the River Liffey.....book here! If your want to be where all the action is and willing to pay more, stay in Temple Bar!
We had a small situation in the dining room, but the host ended up paying for our cab ride to the airport the next day....How nice of them. Food was great!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jlohrentz
Dear jlohrentz,

Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your experience at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. The River Liffey has one of the most beautiful walking trails in Dublin and most of our guests decide to walk to city center and enjoy the scenery. I am sorry to hear about the small situation in the restaurant, however I am glad the issue was dealt with promptly and to your convenience. We all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.

New York
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My family and I stayed at the Maldron Hotel-Cardiff Lane from August 10-14. This is a great hotel with AMAZING customer service (I can't stress that enough). I have extremely sensitive skin that causes me to break out when exposed to certain detergents used in washing clothing/linens. During our first night at the hotel I had an allergic reaction. The next morning we asked to speak to the manager, Sarah. She could not be more wonderful and helpful. She made a number of calls for us and when we got back to the hotel that night, I found that the linens in my room had been specially washed without detergent for me. I went the rest of our stay without another incident. Thanks again Sarah!

Now for the hotel itself. The location is great. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from all of the major sites in the city center. The neighborhood is safe and quiet, which is nice after dealing with the tourists all day. The staff at the front desk was extremely helpful in giving us recommendations for food, drinks, and activities to do in Dublin. The rooms do not have air conditioning, but cracking open the window a few inches solved that problem. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were spotless.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Imw2108,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted we managed to help you with your allergic reaction. However, I am sorry it happened in the first place. Our guest’s health and safety is our priority. Rest assured I will pass on your kind comments to Sarah. Hopefully you will be traveling to Ireland again and the team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Europe.

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 21 August 2014

After Prague, vienna, paris, london, we decide us to make a trip to dublin from hamburg/germany to visit our friends. We stay from 04.08 until the 08.08 there.

One evening they invite us spontaneous to the theatre. Before beginning we went to the maldron hotel to take a drink and snack. There we met ante. He was an charming and courteous waiter. He told us that he is original from croatia. He bring us cool drinks and food.

Maybe he read this post. Ante you are cool guy. If you are in hamburg come and visit us.
Greeting from Marco, Michaela, Jenny and Johannes :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Marko T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I hope you enjoyed the show in the Bord Gais Energy theatre. Our Stir Restaurant and Vertigo Bar offer a variety of options, whether it is a nice pre-theatre meal or just a quick snack before the show and I am glad you enjoyed it. Ante has been a part of our team for many years and I will make sure your praise is passed on to him. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The food and in particular the salads in the Cardiff Lane Maldron deli are excellent for both value and quality, the staff are extremely helpful with Graham in particular always willing to go above and beyond!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Brendan o,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the food in our Vertigo Bar, including our fresh salads. I will make sure your kind words are passed on to Graham. The team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband got away for 2nights and decided to stay in tr capital, I found this was a great spot to stay as its so close to temple bar, full of atmosphere! The hotel was lovely clean and comfortable and the food was amazing. We had lunch there both days who we were served by Graham with a smile and made out stay very pleasant. We will certainly be recommending this hotel and hopefully be back again soon

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JaneLyndsey,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted our location was to your liking. Our hotel is located nearby a number of Dublin hotspots including the Bord Gais Energy Theatre, O2, Temple Bar and many others. Rest assured your kind comments will be passed on to Graham. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your lunch in our Vertigo Bar. We all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.