“Dinner Show”

Ranked #397 of 2,689 Restaurants in Dublin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Booked for this dinner show on 7.6.14. Dinner was nice choice and well presented. Dessert was set. My only upset is that we paid to see a "show" and our seating was as such that whilst we could hear the band, we couldn't see them nor the dancers. This was extremely disappointing as the whole point of the experience is in the title "dinner show" not rocket science. Come on management get it right, were all paying the same amount, don't only pander to the hen and stag parties. We all want to have a good time and more importantly SEE THE SHOW after all that's what we come for. We can get a better meal elsewhere but we come for the show.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was the ideal Irish evening all rolled into one - Irish food, Irish folk songs, and Irish Celtic dancing. At first, we were seated off to the side and couldn't really see the band, but for some reason, a couple left that had been sat closer and our waitress moved us and the view was incredibly better. Seemed a bit unfair that everyone paid the same price, yet the view was not equal thorughout the basement dining hall. Our server, Tias or Tais, was great. I enjoyed the meal although the desserts were a bit cheesy (not literally) - it was three small desserts on a plate and one was in a plastic cup.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Great fun, good music, good food and fantastic atmosphere. Yes the menu was a bit limited but we enjoyed everything we had. The band were great and the dancers spot on. It was just a shame that groups of people started to leave about half an hour before the end which watered down the atmosphere a bit. But we had a great night!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

As a walk in party of four we were greeted with the usual, have you booked, I think we're full routine. After a short wait, as if by magic, just this last table remains.

The drinks we ordered duly arrived at the table, I asked the waitress if she could ask the barman to top up my beer and then watched as the barman went through a beer splashing contest that resulted in an even greater collar, (see pic).

The service was slow and we ordered the obligatory, set piece meal and sat back to watch the show. The starters eventually arrived and were very soon a distant memory.

Then the main course arrived, all four steaks were requested 3/4 due to one of my party not wanting to see blood in her meat. That should make it easy, all four should arrive about the same time. They did, my wife cut her steak and the blood ran freely. I gave her mine and sent hers back requesting that chef cook it a little bit please not just wave it under the pass lamp. Everyone else had finished eating and my steak arrived, chef had managed to stem the hemorrhage but my greens had been nicked. The medium rare steak was obviously the best I was going to get.

I was constantly harassed to buy more drinks which bearing in mind the first experience I stuck with no thank you.

Then I noticed the bar area, where customers were not only watching the show for free, they didn't have to suffer the poor quality food and the bar service was obviously much improved, maybe because the barman had to deal with the customer directly and that's where he makes his tips.

The final nail in this nights coffin were the gents toilets. One smashed urinal, one covered in plastic and generally they should not have been in use.

I complained to the manager, about the service, the barman, the food and the toilet, the reply, we're short of staff, I'll speak to the barman, chef must have made a mistake in the orders, the toilets are being remodeled.

My advice, employ more staff, stop the barman skimming, oversized glasses and metered pumps help, get a new chef, close down, remodel and then reopen. I'm sure there is a law in Dublin that dictates how many toilet facilities are required proportionate to the restaurant covers.

I have been here many times, it used to be so much better, the Mexicans in my party loved the show but felt that they had been clipped over the drinks and meal.

On the up side great music, a good show and the atmosphere generated by the performers is excellent, (Sit at the bar).

1  Thank johnboybarks
Reviewed 1 May 2014

a highly recommended venue by everyone that we met. for 30euro you are told you can have a 3 course meal. you end up being charged 33.75 (apparently always was that) plus drinks. i know its not major difference but dont like it when places vary prices.

overall, a fantastic experience, the band were absolutely brilliant. a fantastic presentation with great dancers. proud to be the only two scottish representatives that night :) love the humour, music, the instrument and the hottie band member with the multi coloured bands on his arm that looked like the irish flag ;) keep up the good work guys :)

nice area, got the bus home afterwards no problems or rucus either. love dublin :)