“Great food, great service”
Review of The Hungry Mexican

The Hungry Mexican
Ranked #476 of 2,724 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$11 - US$18
Cuisines: Mexican, South American, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are closed at the moment as are moving to No 5 Aston Quay, Temple Bar, Dublin 2. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We are Dublin's best Mexican eatery and have great plans for the new venue. The Chef Oman is working hard to bring very best authentic Mexican dishes to satisfy all palates. We are glad to hear that our followers are still waiting for The Hungry Mexican Restaurant to open its door again.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Visited here last week and loved the food and cocktails. We shared Nachos which were really good. I went with the soft tacos with 3 different fillings, all were really tasty! Best Mexican food I've had in ages. Our waitress was lovely and the barman was very nice and friendly. Can't understand some reviews complaining about the price of food, it's extremely reasonable. Get there before 7pm and sample some of the €5 cocktails

1  Thank Lorraine73434

Reviewed 23 June 2014

You can't go wrong with hungry mexican... first and most importantly the food is outstanding! I've been countless times at this stage, and have brought several friends and family who all loved the delicious tequila wings,chipotle chips and my favourite the chimichanga to.mention a few!! The price is so reasonable for the very high standard of food. The waiters are really friendly, inparticular the owner is very welcoming and attentive. The atmosphere is so cosy and chilled out, lovely decor with fun twist of sambraros and pictures that customers have drawn. I really cant speak highly enough of this fantastic
restaurant, its a definitely a hidden gem.

2  Thank VickyByrne
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I recently visited the hungry Mexican with my partner and I can honestly say I have nothing positive to say about the place. I myself am a huge lover of Mexican food and was very eager to eat here but i can safely say neither my partner or I will be returning.
Firstly the service was shockingly slow, we timed our wait from ordering our food to being served our food at 43minutes. When it Finally arrived Both our main courses were cold and looked as though they had been sitting for quite a while before being served to us. Nothing on our plates looked nor tasted fresh. The plates on which our food was served were also cold and looked like they were not cleaned or rinsed off properly. My partner and I also found the food to be way over priced and found the overall atmosphere to be uncomfortable as there were a lot of seats to be filled and the waitress was far too forward and annoyed us alot.
It was not a pleasant experience for us at all and I'm very sorry to say I would not recommend anyone to pay a visit to this place.

22  Thank KatieM M
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband went to The Hungry Mexican. We ordered our food which when we received it was served on greasy plates, clearly not washed properly. The burritos were cold I the centre and the burrito wrap was soggy. Neither myself it my husband could finish our meal. Also, while we were trying to eat our meal the waitress/ owner of the restaurant was so annoying. She kept asking us questions during the meal about our thoughts on her restaurant. It was very annoying as we just wanted to have our meal and drinks in peace. When we were leaving she asked us to put up a review, so here u go!

23  Thank Yumtum111
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Really lovely little restaurant. The food is gorgeous, I especially loved the Nachos. The staff couldn't be more friendly. Would highly recommend it, I've already been back one and will definitely be going back there again. I don't normally review on here, but I really like the place.

1  Thank Fiona K