“Terrible service”

and 1 more site!
O'Sheas Hotel
Ranked #85 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Wish we had read reviews before going here. It might be a place that the locals enjoy, but we are not local and were completely ignored. When we finally got some service, the food was equally terrible.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NewToChicago
OSheas_Hotel_Dublin, Manager at O'Sheas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at O’Shea’s Hotel. Each review lets us know what we are doing right or wrong.

I am sorry that you did not have a good experience while dining with us. It is our aim to provide everyone who walks through the door with a welcoming and pleasant experience and it is disappointing to hear you did not feel you had one.

As a hotel, we have many non-locals visiting us and we firmly believe O’Shea’s Hotel is for both locals and non-locals alike. We believe the Irish food, entertainment and atmosphere caters to all of them.

I apologise that you had to wait some time for service. During busy periods there can occasionally be a wait before one of our servers can get to you but we are always conscious of minimising this.
It surprises me to hear that the food was not to your liking as we generally have an overwhelmingly positive response to it but I accept that in this case we did not meet your expectations and I regret that.

I hope that your visit did not mar your impression of Dublin and if you returning then I would ask you to email me personally at trishotoolebookings@gmail.com and we will arrange to give you the O’Shea’s experience that we always aim to provide.

Trish O’Toole
Manager

Reviewed 4 June 2012

We did not stay at the hotel but ate in the pub twice. The first time it was two of us for lunch. The food was fair and the waitress a bit surly. The second time there were 5 of us. We were ignored for awhile until the same surly waitress took a drink order.
That was the last we saw of her until one of us when to the bar to ask for a waitress. She took the drink and food order and again she disappeared. We did not get our drinks, the food took forever and when it finally did arrive via another waitress it was not complete. We had to track the second waitress to get the rest of the order. We also had to track down someone to get the bill. Again the food was just fair. Service terrible.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tvdeb

Dear Sir/Madam,

First, let me thank you for letting us know about your experience at O’Shea’s Hotel.
It is through customer feedback that we learn where we are falling down and how we can improve.

I see that you feel that your server was either surly or inattentive. While, as you can understand, service can naturally slow down during especially busy periods, your words describe an experience far from the welcoming and efficient service we aim to provide.
I can tell you that the attention of all of the serving staff has been drawn to this review and discussed with them.

It is disappointing too that you did not enjoy the food more but if you should be coming back to Dublin, I would ask you to email me at trishotoolebookings@gmail.com as I would welcome the opportunity to show you how warm, friendly and fine O’Shea’s Hotel usually is.

Trisha O’Toole
Manager

Reviewed 2 May 2012

Didn't stay at the hotel, but stopped in for early dinner a few days ago. Great bangers and mash! I got a half portion which was still huge for about 5 pounds. Great deal, great authentic Irish food, and a great atmosphere! Had a fireplace and big windows to people watch with a coffee on a rainy day.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amelia S
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The price of my room was fine and the hotel is well situated. Bathroom ok. My main gripe was that the room obviously had a smoker before me, even with the window open it smelled. Plenty of shops nearby. I had an early start and it is near the Airport Bus, buy a ticket before & save money. Breakfast was fine, nice Chinese girl, limited English. I'd recommend, but if a non smoker BRING air freshener.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Ciaran91
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Our second visit to O'Sheas Talbot St Dublin. Warm friendly staff, excellent service. Rooms clean and tidy, fairly basic, but very central. Walking distance to temple bar & shopps, 2minute walk off the main strip. 2 Minute walk to Conolly train station. Every meal ordered at the hotel restaurant was to a high standard, and reasonable, food served all day. Drink very reasonable here to the other parts of Dublin. Have stayed here a couple and as part of a group. No faults at all. Will definately be returning here!!! Thank you very much. :)

Room Tip: No bad rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chrissiesun
Reviewed 12 November 2011

my only issue with this hotel is the parking,its a few hundred yards down the street and if you forget something you wouldnt go back for it at night ! apart from that its a nice place with lovely food served all day . ideal if your going to a gig in the o2 as the luas line is only a minutes walk away and from there only 5 minutes on the luas to the o2

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank william q
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights and had a good stay. The room and bathroom were large and clean and staff was friendly and helpful

Location is not that great for sightseeing but still pretty good and close to O'Connel DART station and the bus stop for the airport.

The hotel has live music which is nice but can also be annoying if you're trying to sleep.

The room only has a small TV with bad reception.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo